RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Halo lights for 2008 RX-350

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-08, 09:35 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnapChiGGa
I would have to agree with you guys on the audi "xmas tree lights"
those things are a beauty !!!!

So, im guessing no one on this board has done those angel eyes/halo lights on their rx?

i actually contacted some shops around my area to ask if they install them and most of them are reluctant to do it

i also heard if they arent done right / sealed correctly the headlamps will have condensation in them which is another reason i want to get someone with experience to do it...
That's right, if it's not sealed properly, it can cause condensation on the headlamps. In addition, some installers may not even do such a good job on sealing and the sealant is messy around the housing. I hope you find a reputable installer, because each head lamp housing is not cheap. They will have to heat up your head lamp housing to open it.
Old 10-21-08, 10:59 PM
cduluk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it yourself, it really isn't that hard... I've done a few mods with my RX300's headlights.

Remove your headlights, remove the bulbs. Put in the oven at 300 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove, quickly pry the clear lens off with a few flat head screw drivers. It will come right out.

Install the halo's.

Put the lens and headlight back in oven under same circumstances, then remove and press the lens back into the headlight (the heat will re-melt the glue). Add silicone when it's cooled.

The headlight has vents on the back that allow air to travel from the inside to outside, that's what prevents condensation. The air inside must be the same humidity as the outside. You do NOT want to seal your headlights 100%.
Old 10-30-08, 11:58 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They would look pretty good on teh RX, Here is a picture of the wifes 335XI with the Angle eyes!

Old 06-03-10, 09:38 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to get this for my RX330. I do not want to lose functionality however with the lights turning with the car on the road. Anyone done this mod on a 330/350/400 and have a good experience?? Seems ok for some. Dunno from here they look really nice. Would rather avoid cheap crap on ebay.

This is the one I was looking at maybe getting:
http://turbometal.com/lexus-rx330-cc...06-chrome.html

Last edited by infinirx; 06-03-10 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-03-10, 04:14 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the Halos on my Scion tC before and these are the real white CCFL halos and not the BMW OE amberish color. Most bmw owners upgrade their halo to the white CCFL for better looks. Now the ones I got are not the pre-installed one but rather a CCFL ring that wraps around the headlights, it needs to be glue on and there are ballast for each of those halos ( so a total of 4 ) the problem are you have to find a good location to mount the ballast and you also need to do a clean job when mounting the halo in the first place otherwise, it effects the outcome. To be honest, halos are cool and all but a pain when the ballast goes out. My retrofitter had the ballast hidden inside the headlight assembly, it was a pain to swap out the ballast. The pre-made ones, are ok but the halo ring either look too big or thick and aesthetically it doesn't look right not to mention you no longer have factory projector, with non-factory projector, the cut off line is often mess up. I stay away from the pre-made third party product period. You can get an idea from the pictures below what's involve in doing your own halo.

clean install

entire headlight assembly

test mode with both projector and superflux led blinker

finish product day time shot halo only

finish product night shot with both projector and led blinker

Last edited by mowmow; 06-03-10 at 04:33 PM.