RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Rx 330 05. Fm radio for europe fm settings

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-08, 07:20 AM
georg777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx 330 05. Fm radio for europe fm settings

Hello i m from Europe and car is from USA but (with navy and bluetooth) our radio system is different than usa . how i can set fm numbers like 102.2 or 102.4 or 100.6fm -rigt now i can put radio channels only like 102.1 or 102.3 or 102.5.

Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!!!!:::
Old 12-24-08, 08:12 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I'm from Australia and have had similar issues with other radios from the US. The US has a different "station gap" to the rest of the world (of course!). You can't change the station gap on the radio as far as I am aware however you can manually increment/decrement the band using the Audio Control/File Tune **** and then store the stations as a preset.

Maybe this is something else that Obama can do (if he has some spare time) - i.e. try and bring the USA just a little closer to the rest of the world. It would make it easier for manufacturers etc to be able to standardise parts etc
Old 12-25-08, 08:52 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydjce
Hi, I'm from Australia and have had similar issues with other radios from the US. The US has a different "station gap" to the rest of the world (of course!). You can't change the station gap on the radio as far as I am aware however you can manually increment/decrement the band using the Audio Control/File Tune **** and then store the stations as a preset.

Maybe this is something else that Obama can do (if he has some spare time) - i.e. try and bring the USA just a little closer to the rest of the world. It would make it easier for manufacturers etc to be able to standardise parts etc
Actually, radio stations in Canada and Latin America (as far as I know) have the same configuration as the U.S. I remember our old 1987 MB 190E 2.6 Becker Grand Prix allowed for a single digit increment. I am not sure offhand, but on some radios in vehicles there use to be some kind of switch behind the radio itself that allowed for such an adjustment, but I am not sure about the RX330 allowing that.
Old 12-27-08, 12:18 PM
georg777
Driver School Candidate

I tried to find these fm settings on my rx 330 05. but i found nothing. does anybody knows can something set in my Lexus seller in Estonia. is this thing only for many making for Lexus .If i have Lexus then i must get what i paid , not surfing in forums like idiot .
Old 12-27-08, 02:03 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by georg777
I tried to find these fm settings on my rx 330 05. but i found nothing. does anybody knows can something set in my Lexus seller in Estonia. is this thing only for many making for Lexus .If i have Lexus then i must get what i paid , not surfing in forums like idiot .
If you have an American RX then drive it in the US and you should have no problems at all.

The Lexus dealer in Estonia is www.unelmauto.ee but I bet they can't do anything about your radio.

I guess what you could do is sell your current RX and buy a new local one?
Old 12-28-08, 02:40 PM
georg777
Driver School Candidate

I have these US lexus 3 piece-i bought in auction and same money can buy in europe only one . I was thinking that i can set some settings and all is Ok- but no Lexus engineers thinks that they can get some money ask of radio . I think than i came to us to enyoi good climate and make some business about export or something
Old 12-28-08, 03:07 PM
fredster
Driver School Candidate

Don't lose hope. I am sure there is some easy way of changing the fm stepping, especially on a standard part like a car radio that is produced for multiple markets.

You should try to contact the radio equipment manufacturer directly - sorry I don't know who that is.

The local Lexus dealer probably has no interest in helping you...
Old 12-29-08, 04:53 AM
Kostyan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

georg if nothing works then consider getting an Ipod with built-in radio, and connect that to your car's stereo system either with FM transmitter, or hard-wiring.
Old 12-29-08, 09:26 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by georg777
I have these US lexus 3 piece-i bought in auction and same money can buy in europe only one . I was thinking that i can set some settings and all is Ok- but no Lexus engineers thinks that they can get some money ask of radio . I think than i came to us to enyoi good climate and make some business about export or something
This isn't that hard.

Use the Audio Control/File Tune **** in combination with the Search Button and then store the stations as a preset. If you know the frequencies of the stations it would make it faster.
Old 12-29-08, 10:00 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

This isn't that hard.

Use the Audio Control/File Tune **** in combination with the Search Button and then store the stations as a preset. If you know the frequencies of the stations it would make it faster.
There ya go! problem solved!
Old 12-29-08, 10:01 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Do not lose hope. Around here, idiot in, genius out! LOL!!!

Thanks to our very helpful members.
Old 01-28-09, 10:34 AM
msnewton
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,
This is my first reply in your firum since I got my new LX470-06 last week.
Can you pls. clarify the above point (tune cnop+audio file+seek)!
Is this way applicable for my LX470navi system!!!
Truly appreciating your support.
Best regards.
Old 08-01-09, 11:50 PM
zahipinhas
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy FM band increment problem

I have the same problem. My "Fine Tune" jumps in double increments, so this solution does not work. Can anyone think of something else?

I know that Lexus has "tricks" flor setting up car preferences by activating multiple buttons at once. I thought there might be somthing for that, that Lexus dealers are hiding from us. Does someone have the full list of tricks?

Thanks,