RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

09 Pebble Beach Edition Gifts

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 08:44 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Pebble Beach Edition Gifts

The Pebble Beach Edition comes with your choice of an "Amenity." Callaway clubs and ***** are pretty clear as are the Viking offerings. However, other "amenities" are pretty vague. Lexus specifies neither the wineries nor the leather goods manufacturer.

Anybody order wine or leather? What did you think?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-09, 09:32 AM
mafuyi
Driver School Candidate

My wife ordered the woman's leather tote bag and is very happy with it. It came with two pairs of Callaway golf eyewear. You can choose 2 styles out of 5 that are offered. Choosing the eyewear is more of a crap shoot as we found out when we received them. The glasses are nice but the pair my wife chose for herself didn't fit her well. It seems like the glasses are one size fits all. The good thing about Lexus is that they are willing to work with us to exchange the glasses.
Old 02-16-09, 10:36 AM
tshelly
Rookie

Originally Posted by jbbreeden
The Pebble Beach Edition comes with your choice of an "Amenity." Callaway clubs and ***** are pretty clear as are the Viking offerings. However, other "amenities" are pretty vague. Lexus specifies neither the wineries nor the leather goods manufacturer.

Anybody order wine or leather? What did you think?

Thanks.
I ordered the luggage. I got the name embossed. Thought it was going to be embossed on the luggage but it came embossed on a removable luggage tag. The quality of the luggage was nice, heavy duty dark-brown leather. There are 3 pieces, but they do not lock so they would not be good to check on a plane.

Two of the pieces are identical. They have a zipper that starts about two inches from the bottom of the bag and goes to the other side at about the same place. Here are the measurements of those two: 20" (L) X 9" (W) X 11" (H). They have two small exterior side pockets that have flaps that are closed by a piece of metal and magnet on both sides of the pocket. Both of these pockets are on the same side of the luggage: the 20" X 11" side. They are 8" (L) X 1 1/2" (W) X 9" (H). They also have a small zippered pocket that is behind one of the small exterior side pockets. They also have a small zippered pocket inside the luggage. I'll give you an idea how much they can hold. I wear 30" X 30" pants. I was able to put 13 pair of jeans in one of them.

The other luggage is smaller than the other two. It has a zipper that runs across the top. It is 21" (L) X 7 1/2" (W) X 10" (H). It has one exterior pocket without a zipper or a flap. It has an interior zippered pocket. I was able to put 9 pair of jeans and still close it.

Each of these come with a shoulder strap. The material and workmanship looks good. I saw a tag inside that said: Genuine Leather: Made in Colombia. They also have a leather patch sewn inside that says LEXUS. They have five metal legs on the bottom that are about 3/4" tall. No wheels.

I would say these bags are nice, get away weekend bags. My wife gets one, I get one, and my son gets one. OK, let's be serious, my wife gets two and my 8-year old son and I share the other one.

I bought my PB last April so I don't know if you would get the same pieces I have. Hope this helps you out on what you are going to select.

Last edited by tshelly; 02-16-09 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-16-09, 11:05 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

I'm still waiting for the ordering packet to arrive in the mail, I'm leaning towards getting the Driver + hybrid combo if they are the newer models. Otherwise, I'll probably end up getting one of the leather bag packages. JB, how did Pohanka explain the ordering system to you?
Old 02-16-09, 11:48 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Originally Posted by mr2tosc4
...JB, how did Pohanka explain the ordering system to you?
I received a photocopy of a 2-sided sheet that explained how to go to: www.Lexus.com/owners and sign up (I was already a member). Register your new car with the VIN#, etc. in the Manage Vehicles area. Logoff. Next time you login to lexus.com/owners/ and enter your id and password, you'll go to the Manage Vehicles area an find a pale blue box "Order your Pebble Beach... Amenity" and a "Click Here" button. Click it. The rest is self-explanatory.
Old 02-16-09, 02:44 PM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I also ordered the luggage, and tshelly's description is accurate. The luggage appears to be well made, but I cannot tell the manufacturer.

I picked up my car in mid-December, ordered the luggage about week later, and it just arrived last week. So it took almost two months.

I ordered through the Lexus Owners website mentioned in a previous post.
Old 02-16-09, 07:19 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jbbreeden
I received a photocopy of a 2-sided sheet that explained how to go to: www.Lexus.com/owners and sign up (I was already a member). Register your new car with the VIN#, etc. in the Manage Vehicles area. Logoff. Next time you login to lexus.com/owners/ and enter your id and password, you'll go to the Manage Vehicles area an find a pale blue box "Order your Pebble Beach... Amenity" and a "Click Here" button. Click it. The rest is self-explanatory.
Hmm that might be a faster way then, they told me they already registered me and I should receive something in the mail that I mail back with my choice. I guess that's the non-electronic way on how to order. I'm already a member through my SC but haven't put in the VIN for the RX. Thanks.
Old 02-17-09, 07:30 PM
JS5Owner
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We ordered the Viking pots - AWESOME! Talk about heavy duty. We'll have these pots long after our Lexie is gone...
Old 03-04-09, 09:09 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by JS5Owner
We ordered the Viking pots - AWESOME! Talk about heavy duty. We'll have these pots long after our Lexie is gone...
We finally decided on the Viking cookware, as well. Man, you are so right: These ARE really AWESOME pots and pans. Since we're in the "sticks" (VA, 17 miles from the White House) and there isn't a cooking school anywhere near, we're going to spring for another pan. Maybe two.
Old 03-05-09, 02:56 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Still waiting on my bag set...
Old 03-06-09, 09:10 AM
larry09
Driver School Candidate

We ordered the Viking knives. Have Cuisinart pots. No need for even more luggage. Knives came in about 10 days. Really nice. Have a few Global knives. Like the Viking even more. Will probably also use the gift certificate for more knives. I suppose you can do that, right?
Old 03-06-09, 10:22 AM
jbbreeden
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by larry09
We ordered the Viking knives. Have Cuisinart pots. No need for even more luggage. Knives came in about 10 days. Really nice. Have a few Global knives. Like the Viking even more. Will probably also use the gift certificate for more knives. I suppose you can do that, right?
You can, indeed. We used the certificate to get a 1.5 qt reduction sauce pan which was on sale (regularly $165) and the hand blender for $132 with which they were including the $33 chopper attachment as a special offer. I figured the total, if bought at the on-line store with no specials or discounts would be $819.50. No tax, no shipping.
Old 03-06-09, 12:17 PM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 237 Likes on 164 Posts

We Canadians only get a leather overnight bag and wallet. Nice, but compared to the stuff you US folks get, rather sucks!
Old 03-18-09, 12:12 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Callaway driver. I haven't even opened it yet.

-Scott