RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

I regret buying this rx350

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 12:29 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Pebble Beach Edition looks better on here than on TV. The car in the posted photo is very handsome; much more handsome than our RX350.
Old 03-13-09, 01:13 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
The Pebble Beach Edition looks better on here than on TV. The car in the posted photo is very handsome; much more handsome than our RX350.
Why thank you sir
Old 03-13-09, 05:55 PM
Who_Me
Rookie

I bought my 2007 RX 350 2+ yrs ago and have never been "in love with it." It is an OK car. It rides comfortably and I have never had any mechanical problems. However, even though I have the top of the line model, with all the bells and whistles, I find it to be technologically behind other less expensive cars. The NAV system is a disgrace. I don't need "Big Brother" making me press "I Agree" before I can do anything. Why can't my pax operate the phone or NAV system while the vehicle is moving? Why do I have to pay almost $300 for a CD update to the NAV. I didn't do it. I bought a Garmin 760, for less and use it. I can update the Garmin for $60 over the Internet and I can take it with me when I travel and use rentals. Why doesn't my RX have the signals in the exterior mirrors? Even Hyundai has that. I think the RX is a nice ride but certainly not worth what I paid for it. I usually don't keep a car more than 3-4 years, so I will be getting a new one later in the year. I haven't looked at the 2010 RX yet, but I don't think it will be on my short list unless they have taken out the NAV restrictions. That is a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-13-09, 08:17 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Who_Me
I bought my 2007 RX 350 2+ yrs ago and have never been "in love with it." It is an OK car. It rides comfortably and I have never had any mechanical problems. However, even though I have the top of the line model, with all the bells and whistles, I find it to be technologically behind other less expensive cars. The NAV system is a disgrace. I don't need "Big Brother" making me press "I Agree" before I can do anything. Why can't my pax operate the phone or NAV system while the vehicle is moving? Why do I have to pay almost $300 for a CD update to the NAV. I didn't do it. I bought a Garmin 760, for less and use it. I can update the Garmin for $60 over the Internet and I can take it with me when I travel and use rentals. Why doesn't my RX have the signals in the exterior mirrors? Even Hyundai has that. I think the RX is a nice ride but certainly not worth what I paid for it. I usually don't keep a car more than 3-4 years, so I will be getting a new one later in the year. I haven't looked at the 2010 RX yet, but I don't think it will be on my short list unless they have taken out the NAV restrictions. That is a deal breaker for me.
Don't forget the front seats that are designed for children instead of adult size.
Old 03-13-09, 08:21 PM
tfischer

Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

I don't know about the NAV, but the front seats in the '10 have been redesigned and are much more comfortable than those in my '04 (which I believe are the same through the '09 models).
Old 03-13-09, 09:03 PM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by tfischer
I don't know about the NAV, but the front seats in the '10 have been redesigned and are much more comfortable than those in my '04 (which I believe are the same through the '09 models).
Yes, they are much better. My dealership tells me we will be able to order the driver's seat cushion extender as an option in about 3 months, that is if we stay with Lexus.
Old 03-14-09, 12:43 AM
asdfhello
Driver School Candidate

Why do you people complain, if you don't like it...

GO GET A NEW JOB AND BUY A CAR YOU CAN 'AFFORD' ( get approval for financing )

Gosh, if you don't like something. Don't complain, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Take initiative, do something. INSTEAD OF whining and complaining..

...And to complain about something you already own?...
Ignorance.. That is what you are full of, ignorance!
Old 03-14-09, 06:09 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by asdfhello
Why do you people complain, if you don't like it...

GO GET A NEW JOB AND BUY A CAR YOU CAN 'AFFORD' ( get approval for financing )

Take initiative, do something. INSTEAD OF whining and complaining..

...And to complain about something you already own?...
Ignorance.. That is what you are full of, ignorance!

easy there fella...remember without complaints products won't improve. It's healthy for the forums, balancing praises and complaints. You don't want to be in a forum where all they talk about is how good the vehicle is right? Let's let venters vent and praisers praise, yin and yang, universal balance
Old 03-14-09, 07:20 AM
tfischer

Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

Being able to afford a car is not getting "approval for financing," as recent history has shown. It is the state of having saved up enough money to buy the car by paying for it out of your own money, which remains the least expensive method of acquiring a new vehicle.
Old 03-14-09, 09:59 AM
DNC
Advanced

Originally Posted by tfischer
Being able to afford a car is not getting "approval for financing," as recent history has shown.
Best quote I have heard all week.
Old 03-14-09, 10:08 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on that, but to the original poster. Did you do any homework/preparation at all? I knew a guy once that moved to Phoenix then didn't like it because it was so hot. Maybe he bought the RX.
Old 03-14-09, 10:10 AM
DNC
Advanced

I am doing something about it. I am talking with three other dealerships; none of which are Lexus.
Now, go have another glass of Lexus Cool-Aid and forget about us bad people. You are a great cheerleader. Go Lexus!!
Old 03-14-09, 12:16 PM
asdfhello
Driver School Candidate

Well, the finance part of my post was sarcasm. I cashed mine.

My post regarding complaining is to see action, not just to hear whining. Be productive. Give us reasons, etc.

Well, if you are talking to three other dealerships; good for you go do something.
This isn't my only car, it is actually my wife's second car. Mine being a BMW which was also cashed.

Best wishes and I hope you actually use your brain before your next purchase.
Old 03-14-09, 01:06 PM
DNC
Advanced

Well, the finance part of my post was sarcasm. I cashed mine.

My post regarding complaining is to see action, not just to hear whining. Be productive. Give us reasons, etc.

Well, if you are talking to three other dealerships; good for you go do something.
This isn't my only car, it is actually my wife's second car. Mine being a BMW which was also cashed.

Best wishes and I hope you actually use your brain before your next purchase.
AS, I can see you are new to the group. Welcome! You sound very impressive. We have never had anyone in the group of such means. I will take this as an opportunity to learn.
When you first sign on to Club Lexus and reach the Lexus Model Forums page, scroll down near the bottom of the page. There you will find Lexus Special Interest Forums. Near the bottom of that section you will find Special Interest Groups, one of which is entitled "Drifting". You should check that out. I think you would enjoy that forum a lot more than this one.
Old 03-14-09, 09:30 PM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DNC
Don't forget the front seats that are designed for children instead of adult size.
The front seats are designed for normal size adults. A considerable number of American's are "larger" than "normal" (let's just leave it at that) and you cannot expect manufacturers to cater for that.

I'm 6 foot and 240lbs (in terms that you would understand) and have absolutely no issues with the seats or anything else with my RX. This is my 2nd RX and my 3rd Lexus overall.

Quick Reply: I regret buying this rx350