RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Bloodbath for someone at end of my lease...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-09, 10:46 AM
jasonjm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloodbath for someone at end of my lease...

Hehe

Got a 2006 Rx 330 AWD with all the options, (I really think literally every option), lease ends Dec this year.

Gonna have 51 000 miles, dents in every corner of the bumpers, 9 million key and door scratches all over the car, bald tires, and tears in some of the carpeting and leather.

Residual? 24000 + tax

wow..... either me or US bank is going to be crying, or both of us....

what you guys reckon a car like that will be worth in Dec? $18 000k? (so 8k under the residual buyout - once tax comes into play?)

Last edited by jasonjm; 03-19-09 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-19-09, 11:35 AM
tfischer

Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

I think you need to read the lease regarding adjustments to be made at the end of the lease term due to condition of the vehicle.
It may be that "me . . is going to be crying."
Old 03-19-09, 11:41 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

usually the person is responsible to fix everything.. including tires.. i'd watch out
Old 03-19-09, 11:42 AM
jasonjm
Driver School Candidate

DOH!

I might have to become a lexus owner instead of lessee I guess.

Wonder if US bank will take lowball offers on buyout, they probably don't care as they can make more money off bogus repair costs (well in this case inflated repair costs).....

in fact probably best bet is for me to pay someone to fix the whole car 1 week before lease is up.

Any of you know if US bank are strict on tire wear?
Old 03-19-09, 09:41 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

You have a US Bank lease?

Prepare to bend over, with that much damage, they are going to rip you apart. They are extremely strict, and go over the car with a magnifying glass. That's how they subsidize their over-inflated residuals.

They will charge you full retail price for each and every thing they find that they can.
Old 03-20-09, 01:51 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

US bank will get you for everything. when i returned the Rx330, they charged for me for a lot.
Old 03-20-09, 06:34 AM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one get a less than three year old car in that condition? My 16 year old Acura sounds like it is far better than that - no tears in the carpet, seats still look new, one small dent on the LF fender.

Are you a bumper car salesman or something?
Old 03-20-09, 07:32 AM
JS5Owner
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hold your ground and ARGUE! Fix as much as you can. My prior Lexus was leased via US Bank. I had to replace the front windshield, fix scratches, and put 4 new tires. I found them all local and inexpensive. Keep all reciepts, take pictures of before and after, be persistant in your pleading... don't yell at them, fake some tears and gain sympathy. I'll ONLY do Lexus financial now that I've had the experience...
Old 03-20-09, 07:55 AM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

So you beat a brand new lexus like it was a rented mule. Sounds like you are not a good candidate to lease cars in the future. Try buying one.
Old 03-20-09, 07:58 AM
tfischer

Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

Few Lexus owners beat up their own cars the way this guy did, much less someone else's.
From his post, he clearly thought that, as a lessee, he could treat some else's car with disdain and abuse and not be responsible.
We can see from his posts that he can't write well in English, from which we can deduce that he does not read well either. He appears to have not even tried to read the lease.
So now we have some poor unfortunate who leases an expensive vehicle without knowing (or with a knowing disregard) of his obligations to take proper care of the property of another.
Then at the end of the lease he is laughing about the upcoming transfer when the car's owner will see what disgraceful condition the car is in, thinking that he is not going to be responsible for his own actions in devaluing the property of the lessor.
I am glad to hear that the lessor is strict about the condition of cars returned to it after the lease period. It should be.
Old 03-23-09, 08:09 AM
jayvis
Driver School Candidate

Unbelievable! No vehicle should be abused like that. Justice will be served.
Old 03-23-09, 10:27 AM
asdfhello
Driver School Candidate

Agreed, some people these days!
Old 03-23-09, 12:28 PM
meowmix52
Driver

Originally Posted by asdfhello
Agreed, some people these days!
Calm down guys, it's just a car. I know its a Lexus, but still. Seriously ...

Yeah, they really do Overcharge you for everything. I lost ONE manual out of the five that came with my GX and they charged me $100 Dollars... FOR A SLAB OF PAPER. Great. Good luck with that, don't be nasty, but don't get pushed around either!
Old 03-23-09, 03:14 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
Few Lexus owners beat up their own cars the way this guy did, much less someone else's.
From his post, he clearly thought that, as a lessee, he could treat some else's car with disdain and abuse and not be responsible.
We can see from his posts that he can't write well in English, from which we can deduce that he does not read well either. He appears to have not even tried to read the lease.
So now we have some poor unfortunate who leases an expensive vehicle without knowing (or with a knowing disregard) of his obligations to take proper care of the property of another.
Then at the end of the lease he is laughing about the upcoming transfer when the car's owner will see what disgraceful condition the car is in, thinking that he is not going to be responsible for his own actions in devaluing the property of the lessor.
I am glad to hear that the lessor is strict about the condition of cars returned to it after the lease period. It should be.
tfischer, I treat my cars better too, but why are you personally attacking this fellow? When that sort of thing is done with humor in mind it's okay, but you are being nasty. You make us all aware of your English skills but perhaps it's time to learn something about etiquette.
Whatever this fellow's English skills he seems to have more manners than you. No manners equals no class.
Old 03-23-09, 04:49 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by tfischer
few lexus owners beat up their own cars the way this guy did, much less someone else's.
We can see from his posts that he can't write well in english, from which we can deduce that he does not read well either. He appears to have not even tried to read the lease.
well said, i've puchased 3 off-lease lexus , 2 were rx's, all were cream puff teddy bears. This particular one i would not go near. If this guy gets lucky perhaps our government will bail him out, us bank will tear his head off with the nit-picking, hope he has a wad of cash on hand !!

Quick Reply: Bloodbath for someone at end of my lease...