RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

*MERGED THREADS*: Headlight Condensation includes DIY instructions (See Post #19)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-16, 06:03 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

After taking both out to seal the snot out of them, the driver's side is developing condensation again... I'm really kicking myself for not sealing the ballast compartments while I had them out... could there be any other area water is getting in? I did take it to a carwash (manual, not automatic), but I didn't use an excessive amount on the headlights. I noticed the condensation the next day. The lights were dry following the carwash. Not looking forward to pulling it apart again. Since mine has AFS, I'm not in a hurry to buy replacements, either. Of course, it's outside of the replacement program period.
Old 12-22-17, 07:29 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I know this is a old thread; but; I now am getting moisture on the inside of my drivers side headlight assembly(xenon hid unit self adapting and self leveling(afs) and wonder what i can do. I picked up my 07 rx350 used a little over a year ago; and a few days ago after running it through the wash; now i am getting moisture on the inside of the drivers side assembly. I know there is no way I can get lexus to replace it unless there was a recall or something on it? please help here as i dont want my light to short out at which point im really screwed. thanks matt.
Old 02-18-18, 02:04 PM
Kishanptl1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Headlight condensation

So today I was filling fuel in my RX, I noticed that the front passenger headlight had water in them. I am going to call the Lexus dealership tomorrow, but was searching this problem and it seems like a very common problem. By chance should I try to get Lexus to fix my issue for free, or has anyone tried and get the problem done for free? You think a headlight assembly (especially from Lexus) would have zero issues and last as long as the car lasts. Also should I be worried about any potential electrical damage from the water?
Old 02-19-18, 02:32 PM
Kishanptl1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update*

Originally Posted by Kishanptl1
So today I was filling fuel in my RX, I noticed that the front passenger headlight had water in them. I am going to call the Lexus dealership tomorrow, but was searching this problem and it seems like a very common problem. By chance should I try to get Lexus to fix my issue for free, or has anyone tried and get the problem done for free? You think a headlight assembly (especially from Lexus) would have zero issues and last as long as the car lasts. Also should I be worried about any potential electrical damage from the water?
Update, I called 1-800 Lexus, and they basically do not want to help anyone due to the warranty ending. This sucks because my Lexus dealer wants $700+ for labor and AFS headlight assembly. In my opinion Lexus should really have called a recall on this. If you think about it, a headlight assembly should last the life of the car. The only parts inside of them that won't is the bulbs. Unfortunately corporate does not want to work on a sensible resolution... My pocket are going to be dry after this fix.
Old 02-25-20, 05:28 PM
PaulaB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mandyfig, I really think these photos would help me in my quest to repair my own headlight condensation problem, but for some reason they are all blurry. Is there any way you could repost??
Old 02-28-20, 08:31 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I am sorry my photobucket account is no longer active. I have the original pictures saved somewhere. I will try to look for them and if I find them, I will email to you.
Old 10-08-20, 05:33 PM
tjiang188
Driver School Candidate

Default Condensation in Headlight

Hi,
I just noticed there is condensation in my 2008 RX 350 during state inspection. Im wondering if Lexus will fix it for free?
Old 01-17-22, 10:58 AM
brybell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by snmpgh
I want to give a big thanks to mandyfig for his DIY.

The ballast in my wife's 2004 RX so I needed to finally tackle removing the light and replacing the ballast and sealing the darn thing up.

The DIY gave me the hints and visuals I needed to man up and do it myself.

Couple tips. The bolts on the lower bumper and the headlight bolts are 10mm. Buy replacement plastic bumper clips ahead of time, age and engine heat make them very brittle. Also, the machine screws that hold the ballast in its case will be totally corroded so get yourself four #8 3/4in machine screws.

Mike
Do you know the part numbers for the bumper clips?