RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Just found a hidden service menu in my 09 Pebble Beach Edition

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 07:24 PM
anthonyerc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you. I am going to try this on my 2009 rx ASAP... I have been searching high and low for this. Now all I need to dois find the hack for the nav
Old 04-01-09, 08:36 PM
ongtroi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by boxcarfan
lol you really think the GPS is more accurate than the spedo?! ahahahahahahahaha wow. GPS is wrong. its off by 5-15 meters thats just how it is. unless you have a military unit then you will always be off by 5-15 meters.
I doesn't matter if it's off by 5 or 100 meters. The speed measure is all relative. It measure the distance from point A to point B and the time it takes. I measure my car with 4 other cars and they all are a lot closer to the GPS than my PBE.
Old 04-01-09, 08:58 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by larry09
Of course, but when I followed the procedure and it did not work, I wondered if the light was something else. Does not work on my Pebble Beach. Tried repeatedly, even "commonsense" variations of the hack.

Hacktoey to you to.

you are doing it wrong....this works on almost all Lexus models back for the last 6-8 years.....works on my gx and gs....
with car running
press and hold info button, turn on headlamps (or even parking lamps) and off all the way, repeat 3 more times ALL THE WHILE holding info button down continously....
Old 04-02-09, 09:22 AM
larry09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
you are doing it wrong....this works on almost all Lexus models back for the last 6-8 years.....works on my gx and gs....
with car running
press and hold info button, turn on headlamps (or even parking lamps) and off all the way, repeat 3 more times ALL THE WHILE holding info button down continously....
OK, I'll try it again. Maybe I am non-commonsensical after all. Who knew?
Old 04-06-09, 05:31 AM
childsucce
Driver School Candidate

I found the menu, but having no experience with these things, what do you do with it. It listed 4 items, with 3 it said ok and the audio it read chek, which I did and it seemed to give some service dates. Did not want to mess with it for fear of screwing something up. Any instruction on what to do when you get to the menu.
Thanks
Larry
Old 04-07-09, 12:13 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't you all have HID on your RX ? turning it on and off 4 times in a roll really shorten the life span on the HID...is it really worthfit ?
Old 04-08-09, 11:07 PM
anthonyerc
Driver School Candidate

Worked on my 09 rx.. how do you change the volume on the bluetooth? what option do I select on the hidden menu?
Old 04-08-09, 11:26 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by anthonyerc
Worked on my 09 rx.. how do you change the volume on the bluetooth? what option do I select on the hidden menu?

I don't know about the RX, but on my GS you can adjust the volume during the phone call, right on the screen, without any hidden menu.
Old 04-09-09, 09:48 AM
ongtroi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arnieosp
I don't know about the RX, but on my GS you can adjust the volume during the phone call, right on the screen, without any hidden menu.
It's not the volume of the bluetooth that you hear. It's the MIC volume that it sends your voice to the other end. My caller can't hear me very well so I went in and changed the default of 0 to 3. Now my caller on the other end can hear me better. It's in one of the bluetooth menu with the key pad.
Old 04-15-09, 03:28 PM
Who_Me
Rookie

Default Whyizzit

Why does Lexus have to hide all the settings on everything, with all these silly ways to access them? I shouldn't have to press Info, turn my headlights on/off 4 times, dance a Scottish jig and say a magic word, just to adjust the Bluetooth microphone. My computer has thousands of settings and I can access them all pretty easily. If I screw something up, I can reset to Default. I have really been disappointed with my Lexus. The car is OK but I don't like Lexus playing Big Brother on everything.
Old 05-08-09, 08:15 AM
Sunapollo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Who_Me
Why does Lexus have to hide all the settings on everything, with all these silly ways to access them? I shouldn't have to press Info, turn my headlights on/off 4 times, dance a Scottish jig and say a magic word, just to adjust the Bluetooth microphone. My computer has thousands of settings and I can access them all pretty easily. If I screw something up, I can reset to Default. I have really been disappointed with my Lexus. The car is OK but I don't like Lexus playing Big Brother on everything.
So then the dealer can charge you $$ for setting things or do you a "favor" to make you feel good.
Old 05-08-09, 07:26 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right. They don't make it so you have to hold info, turn the lights on/off 4 times and blink your eyes in unison to change the setting to annoy you. They do it so you won't be able to do it yourself. THey have been defeated!
Old 05-09-09, 06:09 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ongtroi
It's not the volume of the bluetooth that you hear. It's the MIC volume that it sends your voice to the other end. My caller can't hear me very well so I went in and changed the default of 0 to 3. Now my caller on the other end can hear me better. It's in one of the bluetooth menu with the key pad.
I even took it in to the dealer & they said nothing could be done. Then I read this post & did it myself. Now everyone can hear me.
Is this strange or what?
Old 09-28-09, 09:06 PM
PINGGOLF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by boxcarfan
lol you really think the GPS is more accurate than the spedo?! ahahahahahahahaha wow. GPS is wrong. its off by 5-15 meters thats just how it is. unless you have a military unit then you will always be off by 5-15 meters.
Ummmm...I disagree.

Not to "toot" my own horn here...but I put GPS satellites into orbit for a living. You would be amazed at exactly how accurate they are and how little people really know about them. Of course...thats how we like it!

Dont believe me?

http://www.ulalaunch.com

Here is our latest video of NROL-26 (NRO) on my youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkXwziPSlkk

With that said....

I gotta go see if this will work on my 07 400h

Last edited by PINGGOLF; 09-28-09 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 12:59 PM
blackrx330
Driver School Candidate

if GPS is so accurate, esp. in our cars and portable nav units, ie. garmins, why is that whenever i cross the red light, the arrow on my nav screen is still 15 feet behind everytime? GPS is pin point accurate in governmental equipments, but in the consumer end of it, it's off for a reason. care to explain why?

Originally Posted by PINGGOLF
Ummmm...I disagree.

Not to "toot" my own horn here...but I put GPS satellites into orbit for a living. You would be amazed at exactly how accurate they are and how little people really know about them. Of course...thats how we like it!

Dont believe me?

http://www.ulalaunch.com

Here is our latest video of NROL-26 (NRO) on my youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkXwziPSlkk

With that said....

I gotta go see if this will work on my 07 400h

Quick Reply: Just found a hidden service menu in my 09 Pebble Beach Edition