RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Navigation system wrong setting, need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-13, 11:37 PM
Midnitesky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stanltod, I took my old ECU apart because it was inside and already not working so I would imagine I couldn't do too much more damage to that one. It is, however, the same exact ECU that the one I ordered to replace it with, which is a Toyota 86841-33060/462100-0433 12V Denso. After taking it apart I couldn't find that magic black button. I'm going to post a couple of pictures of my circuit boards, would you take a moment to see if they look anything like yours and I'm just too blind to see this button?? Thank you sooo much.

Old 08-10-14, 06:07 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

So if anyone does this...I don't recommend they actually change any of the settings as it can totally screw everything up for you. But I am curious.....When you go into the second hidden menu of the navigation and go to model. Does anyone have anything other than 900N4WD listed? Specifically people with 2007-2009 models?
Old 09-07-14, 11:46 AM
Reposado
Driver School Candidate

Mine's only an '05, but when I go to that menu my model number is blank...
Old 12-15-15, 05:33 PM
pdsm
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

It has been a several years... Still have not resolved the problem. I use voice control to change the temperature and the good thing is that the navigation button and map button still work, although they are mapped to the passenger side temperature buttons Here is what I found so far:

Although I don't have the Info button mapped to anything any more, I could still access the first and second level service menu:

first level: on screen setting menu, push upper left lower left upper left lower left upper left lower left corner of the inner section of the screen setting menu

second level: once you have entered the first level, push upper left and then lower right corner of the screen.

The proper car code for my RX400H should be 900n4wd.

So close to get to the third level where I can actually set the car model! But I haven't been able to find a touch screen solution that doesn't require an "Info" button...
Old 09-16-17, 10:16 AM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buttons set for wrong vehicle

Originally Posted by pdsm
Nope, as of today I am still driving my car with button mapping all wrong
PDSM: Were you ever able to reprogram the vehicle code so the buttons were in the correct place? Same problem.
Old 09-16-17, 11:30 AM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

Default Vehicle code?

Originally Posted by advakatvmx
I have the same problem as described in the first message. Changed all the buttons in the navigation block and climate control.

Did anyone solve this problem? How can I install the correct code to the car?
Thanks for any reply!
Were you ever able to figure out how to install the correct vehicle code?
Old 09-20-17, 05:08 PM
mgreenberg
10th Gear

SOLVED: We swapped out the display unit, the one above the radio/DVD and the 'scrambled' buttons and display problem was resolved. I was surprised, but it did solve the problem. The button info and screen stuff is NOT stored in the map nav DVD unit or the computer but in the display unit. Go figure.
Old 12-26-17, 02:39 PM
GerryK
Driver School Candidate

PDSM: Have you solved your vehicle code problem yet?
Old 12-26-17, 03:32 PM
GerryK
Driver School Candidate

For everyone who still has this problem I have found the solution:

1, Press the Display Button and from within the Frame created press the upper left corner then lower left corner repeat until screen changes.
2. The screen will change to a check screen wait for this to finish and then press the menu button.
3. On the screen now displayed select Display Check from the menu.
4. With this screen open go to the top left hand corner where the letter D is of the word Display and press and hold it...this could take up to 10 - 15 secs. A new screen should now appear, please I would advise you do not play about with any of the options within this screen other than the one you need. If this doesn't work first time don't worry just release and press again and hold.
5. On this new screen press and hold the first button on the list should be font, again varies on how long but keep holding and Voila the screen you desperately require.
6. Change to the required type and press set and when you press okay your system should reboot.

I am unable to inform any of you guys what the correct type your car should be, however my UK RX300 second gen is type 620N. If you don't know what type your car should be then go through them one at a time using this method if your Info button is not available....It is quicker once your info button is back (albeit configured to a different button on your dashboard) to hold this button down and switch your lights from off to park and off again up to 12 times and you will get straight to the vehicle type screen.

Hope this helps someone out.

Gerry.
Old 10-29-21, 07:02 PM
pdsm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GerryK
For everyone who still has this problem I have found the solution:

1, Press the Display Button and from within the Frame created press the upper left corner then lower left corner repeat until screen changes.
2. The screen will change to a check screen wait for this to finish and then press the menu button.
3. On the screen now displayed select Display Check from the menu.
4. With this screen open go to the top left hand corner where the letter D is of the word Display and press and hold it...this could take up to 10 - 15 secs. A new screen should now appear, please I would advise you do not play about with any of the options within this screen other than the one you need. If this doesn't work first time don't worry just release and press again and hold.
5. On this new screen press and hold the first button on the list should be font, again varies on how long but keep holding and Voila the screen you desperately require.
6. Change to the required type and press set and when you press okay your system should reboot.

I am unable to inform any of you guys what the correct type your car should be, however my UK RX300 second gen is type 620N. If you don't know what type your car should be then go through them one at a time using this method if your Info button is not available....It is quicker once your info button is back (albeit configured to a different button on your dashboard) to hold this button down and switch your lights from off to park and off again up to 12 times and you will get straight to the vehicle type screen.

Hope this helps someone out.

Gerry.
WOW! this fixed my problem! I have not followed this thread for a few year and just happened to saw this today because I was searching for something else. Thanks a lot!