RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

A Fond Farewell

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 01:08 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Fond Farewell

It's been fun, educational, and at times frustrating, but this Forum has been great!

We traded off our beloved Thundercloud last Saturday , switching brands (the horrors!) . After over 30 years with Toyota/Lexus (bought our first in 71) we've gone over to the dark side and have a nice shiny 09 Nissan Murano LE sitting in the driveway. I just couldn't get past the new RX looks, the pricing, and the heavy duty maintenance costs, which seemed to be going out of control. The Murano has all the bells and whistles that I could ever want, including a rather marvelous GPS, an internal hard drive for music storage, iPod connection that works, and superb Voice Recognition, along with a host of other systems that will take me months to learn.

So, a fond farewell to one and all, although We will maintain our presence on the GS part of the forum since my wife loves her "hot rod" GS!

BTW, if you are a TC owner, I posted a TC unique sale item in the sales forum.

Best wishes to one and all - enjoy your RX's - we sure loved our two.
Old 06-15-09, 01:57 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Orzel
It's been fun, educational, and at times frustrating, but this Forum has been great!

We traded off our beloved Thundercloud last Saturday , switching brands (the horrors!) . After over 30 years with Toyota/Lexus (bought our first in 71) we've gone over to the dark side and have a nice shiny 09 Nissan Murano LE sitting in the driveway. I just couldn't get past the new RX looks, the pricing, and the heavy duty maintenance costs, which seemed to be going out of control. The Murano has all the bells and whistles that I could ever want, including a rather marvelous GPS, an internal hard drive for music storage, iPod connection that works, and superb Voice Recognition, along with a host of other systems that will take me months to learn.

So, a fond farewell to one and all, although We will maintain our presence on the GS part of the forum since my wife loves her "hot rod" GS!

BTW, if you are a TC owner, I posted a TC unique sale item in the sales forum.

Best wishes to one and all - enjoy your RX's - we sure loved our two.
Good luck with your new Nissan Marano, I've heard they are wonderful cars, you've certainly shared alot of great info over the years on the RX forum.
Old 06-16-09, 02:53 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

We are going to miss you!
Old 06-16-09, 03:52 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Traitor, how dare you to turn to the dark side of the force.

Just kidding, I wish the best of luck to you with your new ride, it's been a pleasure having you all these wonderful years.
Old 06-16-09, 04:25 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck with the Murano. They have an option to get heated leather rear seats. Nice option, does the new RX option heated rear seats?
Old 06-17-09, 12:15 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Traitor, how dare you to turn to the dark side of the force.

Just kidding, I wish the best of luck to you with your new ride, it's been a pleasure having you all these wonderful years.
Many Thanks! Hey, we still have our GS so we are at least partially in the family!!!

So far the Murano has been great. The 09 is a rather different animal than all the previous generations, with a much more luxurious interior, it's substantially quieter then previous, and actually quieter than our RX was, but not by much. And oh yeah, has those neat heated seats for the rear passengers! We got the LE which is the top of the line, and then we loaded it up with what few options it didn’t have. The Tech package is a hoot!

The electronics are impressive, with iPod hook up that is controlled by switches on the steering wheel, Navigation map views, routes, way points, split screen, range etc. that can be changed by voice recognition - that really does work, and a plethora of other goodies that I'm going to learning about for months! See, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

We're hoping that some really deserving couple get our TC, it was a great car, and served us very well. No complaints ever!
Old 06-17-09, 12:39 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Many Thanks! Hey, we still have our GS so we are at least partially in the family!!!

So far the Murano has been great. The 09 is a rather different animal than all the previous generations, with a much more luxurious interior, it's substantially quieter then previous, and actually quieter than our RX was, but not by much. And oh yeah, has those neat heated seats for the rear passengers! We got the LE which is the top of the line, and then we loaded it up with what few options it didn’t have. The Tech package is a hoot!

The electronics are impressive, with iPod hook up that is controlled by switches on the steering wheel, Navigation map views, routes, way points, split screen, range etc. that can be changed by voice recognition - that really does work, and a plethora of other goodies that I'm going to learning about for months! See, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

We're hoping that some really deserving couple get our TC, it was a great car, and served us very well. No complaints ever!
The new Murano is not a bad vehicle at all, but I did have some issues with the previous generation, so hopefully that prepared Nissan well.
Old 06-18-09, 08:29 AM
howdybob22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, one of the few NW folks here leaving our group. The Murano probably fit your spirited driving style a little more than the RX. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 06-18-09, 12:05 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by howdybob22
Oh man, one of the few NW folks here leaving our group. The Murano probably fit your spirited driving style a little more than the RX. Enjoy your new ride.
Well, it's sure a different critter! The reviewers in the car mags and on-line seem to really like it, so we shall see. Gassed it up for the first time today, OUCH! Our gas prices have been climbing and we're at $2.99 for premium right now (with a $0.10/gal discount form our local Fred Meyer station).

Still have the brand new TC floor mats if anyone is interested.
Old 06-18-09, 02:26 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, it's sure a different critter! The reviewers in the car mags and on-line seem to really like it, so we shall see. Gassed it up for the first time today, OUCH! Our gas prices have been climbing and we're at $2.99 for premium right now (with a $0.10/gal discount form our local Fred Meyer station).

What color are the TC floor mats? You have the Thundecloud Gray exterior, so are the like cream color?
Old 06-18-09, 02:52 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redrocks
What color are the TC floor mats? You have the Thundecloud Gray exterior, so are the like cream color?
As far as I know, and I have never seen one different, all TC's whether Thundercloud Metallic or Flint Mica have the dove grey interior, with the black birdseye maple wood. The mats are the TC (interior) grey with the TC logo on the front set.
Old 06-18-09, 04:22 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

What the heck, why don't you post a pic of the alien!