RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX 400H 2008 yr: WATCH TV@front

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-09, 11:02 AM
drdean
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RX 400H 2008 yr: WATCH TV@front

Don't you wish you could design a nav system? Help me stay positive now.
Here is what I wish. First normality...a rare thing these days. Second is good info.

I have a 2008 navi RX 400H but the legal programmers limited it as you know.

1. I wish to watch my on the roof in motion satellite service(Winegard) or AT&T cruisecast on the front screen....or for the passenger
(I have 7 hour straight stretch commutes in Canada..and some in USA
2. when I'm not using that locked out video input for TV ...I wish to use it for the moose camera(FLIR) so i dont hit another bear like last week...real fun.
3. When I'm driving I dont want restrictions like no phone dialing or destination inputting or not able to see the CD tracks.
We are mature adults..let us have choice or the passenger.
Most solutions are hoaky...I've seen half solutions from lockpic(at least some)cutting SSW's etc etc.
Who has some smarts to get into hidden screens add plug and play and prescribe a few switches.
I have never seen an area so poorly thought out and pushed to market.
So guys...pool our brains and let the knowledge flow

Cheers Dr Dean Saturday July 25th 2009 1PM ...and thanks
Old 07-25-09, 05:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drdean
Don't you wish you could design a nav system? Help me stay positive now.
Here is what I wish. First normality...a rare thing these days. Second is good info.

I have a 2008 navi RX 400H but the legal programmers limited it as you know.

1. I wish to watch my on the roof in motion satellite service(Winegard) or AT&T cruisecast on the front screen....or for the passenger
(I have 7 hour straight stretch commutes in Canada..and some in USA
2. when I'm not using that locked out video input for TV ...I wish to use it for the moose camera(FLIR) so i dont hit another bear like last week...real fun.
3. When I'm driving I dont want restrictions like no phone dialing or destination inputting or not able to see the CD tracks.
We are mature adults..let us have choice or the passenger.
Most solutions are hoaky...I've seen half solutions from lockpic(at least some)cutting SSW's etc etc.
Who has some smarts to get into hidden screens add plug and play and prescribe a few switches.
I have never seen an area so poorly thought out and pushed to market.
So guys...pool our brains and let the knowledge flow

Cheers Dr Dean Saturday July 25th 2009 1PM ...and thanks
you've posted in the wrong gen forum, but that's OK, it means i can answer your questions.

you can add a dvd/navi override kit (completely plug and play) from prestigious society. see this link here: http://www.prestigioussociety.com/le...-override.html

it doesn't list the RX400h , but i don't see why it wouldn't work. just contact prestigious society to confirm compatibility.

IF the override kit is not available, your only alternative would be to do the wire cut method. note though that this will void any warranty you may have, so i would not recommend this route unless you are absolutely certain of the consequences. good luck.

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-25-09 at 05:43 PM.