RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 09:35 AM
Dan L
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I'm not sure who they're made by, as they were on the car when we bought it last year. I'm out of town for about a week, but I'll see if I can find any markings on them when I get home next weekend. The wheels are 18x8 TSW Estorils.
Old 08-20-09, 02:41 AM
Senin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love running boards on SUVs. Though..... I think they look pretentious on the RX. I had a Pathfinder that looked great with running boards. Putting them on a RX would be like "Asianing up a car". Sorta like in the old days when Latinos would make their cars bounce. It just isnt' right.
Old 08-20-09, 03:47 PM
secoweco
Driver School Candidate

KeysRx300 and Dan L, thanks for posting the pictures. It's funny because I was debating whether or not to go with the ATS Custom boards or the chrome steps as I think the chrome would accent the flint mica. Dan L- did they take off the black plastic step area or did they leave it on? I'm thinking you would just leave it on for those kind of steps but its hard to tell in the picture. KeysRx300 - did you just buy the ATS Custom steps from ATS directly? Your local Toyota dealer was okay with installing stuff not purchased from them directly?
Old 08-20-09, 06:45 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Running Boards

I did not get my boards straight from ATS. I screwed up and used Sewell Lexus out of Dallas.

Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever recieved in my life. Is from the boys at Sewell. Both times I used them for parts for my old RX300 and my 250. I have had to go the manager of the dealership to get my stuff sent to me.

They are quick to charge your credit card. But slow to ship. You can beg for them to send you your stuff. And that doesnt work. The last time phone calls didnt work. To get a reply from any one. I had to write a letter to the manager. He didnt return my calls.
Old 08-21-09, 11:41 AM
secoweco
Driver School Candidate

Good to know. I actually live relatively close to ATS so I'm thinking about buying directly from them. Did Toyota give you any hassle for asking them to install an aftermarket item like the running boards? The running boards look great on your car and since I have the same color, your picture really helped out a lot. Have a good weekend!
Old 08-30-09, 10:02 PM
Dan L
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry it took so long to get back... I climbed underneath today and couldn't find any markings or stickers to get any name or part numbers from. The brackets seem to be very well made and mount nicely to existing bolts, so I find it hard to believe they're a generic ebay type step, but its strange that they have no manufacturer markings....

As for the black rocker panels, they're still there.
Old 08-31-09, 03:03 PM
secoweco
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dan L for checking.