RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New Nav v9.1. I'm assuming still motion locked? & Sat Radio ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 03:09 PM
sacko999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nav v9.1. I'm assuming still motion locked? & Sat Radio ?

I'm a new proud 2007 RX350 owner w/NAV. Of course, as many of you have mentioned, the inability to set addresses in the NAV is very annoying. (and I agree) I'm also lacking Sirius satellite radio on my RX350.

Anyway, I've been holding out hope that the new 9.1 version removes the lock. Because I have not seen any posts mentioning that it does, I'm assuming that it is still locked. If it is still locked, I'm going to buy a pick to remove this "feature". Along with this, I'm going to add satellite radio. I would prefer to only take my console apart once.

So....my questions are...

1. Does v9.1 remove the lock?
2. Assuming it is locked, does anyone have a satellite radio/vaistech combo along with a pick to remove the navi lock? I haven't dug deep to see if there are any compatibility issues.

Thanks for all the help. This forum is great!
Old 09-09-09, 08:12 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the navi reader in your 07 is under the cargo floor and that is where the pick would be installed. that's where it is in the 08 and 09 anyway. If that's the case in your car, I don't think there would be any compatibility issues as vais and sat connect to the back of the head unit on different plugs than is used by the pick. I have sat radio and the pick on our 09 so I know that works together.

I haven't heard of anybody rejoicing that dvd 9 removes the lockout. I wish it would too but Toyota considers that safety feature. I don't see how having to pull off the side of a busy road to enter an address and then remerge is safe but that's the way they see it. Hope I'm wrong about dvd 9. Will leave that to others. Good luck.
Old 09-27-09, 05:43 PM
Claude7629
Rookie

Originally Posted by ecount00
I believe the navi reader in your 07 is under the cargo floor and that is where the pick would be installed. that's where it is in the 08 and 09 anyway. If that's the case in your car, I don't think there would be any compatibility issues as vais and sat connect to the back of the head unit on different plugs than is used by the pick. I have sat radio and the pick on our 09 so I know that works together.

I haven't heard of anybody rejoicing that dvd 9 removes the lockout. I wish it would too but Toyota considers that safety feature. I don't see how having to pull off the side of a busy road to enter an address and then remerge is safe but that's the way they see it. Hope I'm wrong about dvd 9. Will leave that to others. Good luck.

I installed the 9.1 recently and it is still has the lock out feature. Please someone enlighten me about these "Picks". I want one. I know nothing about them.
Old 09-28-09, 04:10 AM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

I have the 8.1 disk and the Lockpick 3 Basic and the Vaistech Sirius in my 2007 RX350. Everything works fine together.

The 9.1 disk only has updated maps and POI's - it doesn't unlock the nav while driving. But, the Lockpick works fine for that.

BTW, the Lockpick plugs into the dvd reader in the back of the car. You will need to remove the radio to put in the Sirius module. My suggestion when doing that is to be careful when removing/installing the 4 bolts that hold it in. They are easy to drop. I used a piece of tape around the socket and didn't have any problems.

Last edited by RxInAtl; 09-28-09 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-28-09, 05:46 PM
Claude7629
Rookie

Originally Posted by RxInAtl
I have the 8.1 disk and the Lockpick 3 Basic and the Vaistech Sirius in my 2007 RX350. Everything works fine together.

The 9.1 disk only has updated maps and POI's - it doesn't unlock the nav while driving. But, the Lockpick works fine for that.

BTW, the Lockpick plugs into the dvd reader in the back of the car. You will need to remove the radio to put in the Sirius module. My suggestion when doing that is to be careful when removing/installing the 4 bolts that hold it in. They are easy to drop. I used a piece of tape around the socket and didn't have any problems.
I already have factory installed Sirius, but where do you get the lockpick and where exactly does it plug in. I am familiar with the location of the unit as I just upgraded with 9.1.
Old 09-29-09, 04:06 AM
RxInAtl
Driver School Candidate

The Lockpick 3 Basic plugs into the back of the dvd player in the back of the rx - you do NOT have to remove the radio. You'll find everything here:

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm

the Lockpick 3 Basic just provides the nav while driving. They have other options that allow more, like video on the nav screen, etc...but, for those the radio and nav do have to be removed.
Old 09-29-09, 04:36 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RxInAtl
The Lockpick 3 Basic plugs into the back of the dvd player in the back of the rx - you do NOT have to remove the radio. You'll find everything here:

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm

the Lockpick 3 Basic just provides the nav while driving. They have other options that allow more, like video on the nav screen, etc...but, for those the radio and nav do have to be removed.
+1, great answer