RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

08 RX 350 Front Wipers ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 04:37 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wipers

Ive had my RX for almost 3 years. Didnt need to change the blades till I tore one by accident. If you clean the blades with Isopropyl alcohol every couple of weeks. They will last years. The dirt buildup is why they streak. Clean the dirt off and your good to go.
Old 12-05-09, 07:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

I do wash the wipers when I wash the car but I prefer to put new ones every few months. I like them fresh. Rain-X too. The rain rolls off the windshield.
Old 12-05-09, 10:52 PM
salimshah

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

When I wax the RX, I do not apply the wax directly to the windshield, but use the cloth used to buff and buff the glass. Try it and you will nt need products like RainX.

Salim
Old 12-06-09, 05:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

The rubber will eventually degrade because of UV. The alcohol will take the dirt out, after some time, if you use the cheapo wipers, the rubber is not as good, hence they need to be replaced.

I used a windshield rain film, not rain-x and got burned. It left a film that created a smudge. Had to clean it several times to remove the film and took months before I got rid of it!

The brand is RAIN CLEAR, what a piece of junk!
Old 12-06-09, 05:59 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I am just afraid of putting something on the glass. I just use the wipers to take care of the water.
Old 12-06-09, 08:38 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Rain-X works great for me. I've been using it for years. The dirt doesn't stay on the windshield. It rolls off with the water. So on a day like yesterday when it was snowing, the windshield stayed pretty clean with minimal wiper action. And dirt doesn't build up on the wipers.
Old 12-06-09, 04:20 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Whatever you do, do not throw away the OEM factory wipers. If you ever want to go back to Lexus rubber parts, you will need the metal frames. Really expensive to buy the metal parts!
Old 12-07-09, 07:31 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by KeysRx300
I clean my blades with Isopropyl alcohol. So I don't have to change them. But when I tore one the other day. I went ahead and replaced all 3.

First rain the fronts ones came loose. Pulled over and found I had put them in upside down. Or backwards. And they didn't lock. Swapped them around. Good as new.

If I remember right. The lock has to be on the top with they are moving. If not the fall down when they are in motion.
Doesnt that dry them out? I clean mine with Silicon,and then re-do with 303.
Old 12-07-09, 09:42 AM
mmlex1987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
When I wax the RX, I do not apply the wax directly to the windshield, but use the cloth used to buff and buff the glass. Try it and you will nt need products like RainX.

Salim
Salim,
years ago a friend taught me the same idea of "waxing the windshield" and I must say it does work very well, not sure how long it lasts with the wipers rubbing on the wax, but when it is first applied it really does the job.
Old 12-07-09, 04:50 PM
Wipers123
Driver School Candidate

As far as the original post - I always recommend making sure you reference the wiper blade application guide. If you just measure length, you risk getting the wrong adapter. The MFG's and the aftermarket blade companies work closely to make sure the parts fit your vehicle. So, use the books/computer boxes at the store or now-a-days you can do it online too - search "lookup wiper size".

Also, rainx works - if you're lazy like me, you may want to go with aquapel glass treatment - does the same thing better than rain-x but lasts 4-6 months rather than a couple of weeks.

As far as wiper wear - you'll notice your wipers will wear faster as your vehicle gets older. As your glass gets pitted from debris, it slowly becomes sand paper that wears your wipers out. There's also a ton of other factors like storing the vehicle indoors vs. outdoors, ultraviolet rays, heat, cold...and the biggest factor - ice and snow. If you tend to use your wipers to scrape the ice off, obviously your wipers will wear faster.

Lastly, you can get premium beam blades (frameless) for less than $13 a piece now-a-days. Poor, poor dealers...the money machine is drying up!

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Old 12-07-09, 09:01 PM
mmlex1987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wipers123
As far as the original post - I always recommend making sure you reference the wiper blade application guide. If you just measure length, you risk getting the wrong adapter. The MFG's and the aftermarket blade companies work closely to make sure the parts fit your vehicle. So, use the books/computer boxes at the store or now-a-days you can do it online too - search "lookup wiper size".

Also, rainx works - if you're lazy like me, you may want to go with aquapel glass treatment - does the same thing better than rain-x but lasts 4-6 months rather than a couple of weeks.

As far as wiper wear - you'll notice your wipers will wear faster as your vehicle gets older. As your glass gets pitted from debris, it slowly becomes sand paper that wears your wipers out. There's also a ton of other factors like storing the vehicle indoors vs. outdoors, ultraviolet rays, heat, cold...and the biggest factor - ice and snow. If you tend to use your wipers to scrape the ice off, obviously your wipers will wear faster.

Lastly, you can get premium beam blades (frameless) for less than $13 a piece now-a-days. Poor, poor dealers...the money machine is drying up!

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Jeff,
where do you purchase this Aquapel glass treatment? It sounds like something I want/need to try if it truely lasts 4-6 months. Thats a long time in normal driving conditions.
Thanks, Mike
Old 12-08-09, 12:45 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wiper Blades

I have been cleaning my RX350 blades with alcohol for almost 3 years. Never changed them till I grabbed the edge of one and it tore a little. Then I went and changed all 3.
Old 12-09-09, 06:04 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Use Stoners Invisible Glass on your windshield and use a newspaper to wipe the glass and use it on your wipers blade too. As good as rain x but it does not smear like rain x.

Cat
Old 12-09-09, 06:47 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddylo
Use Stoners Invisible Glass on your windshield and use a newspaper to wipe the glass and use it on your wipers blade too. As good as rain x but it does not smear like rain x.

Cat
+1 for Stoners Invisible Glass
Old 04-02-22, 05:10 PM
PortAh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to get OEM wiper inserts for the 2007 RX350.
But the part counter guys said the Toyota/Lexus OEM wiper refills only fit original blades.
The blades I have says NWB(or NIVB) indented character in the middle of the blade.

it says NWB in the middle

Does it fit OEM wiper inserts?

NWB seems to stand for Nippon Wiper Blade, parent co is Denso.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 08 RX 350 Front Wipers ?