RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Round 1 of mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-10, 06:14 AM
AirJames
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate your posts thus far especially the images which I'd like more of! I have some questions that I would very much like answered which I'm assuming you'll answer because you answered helpfully in my other posts.

Where did you get the paint work done and how much was the paint and the paint job? I'm thinking of doing my spoiler and want to know if I should just get the Balsarini spoiler instead and sell my spoiler. I'm also thinking of having my local body shop paint the rear bumper skirt as well. Maybe we can get a bulk deal going for the Balsarini spoiler! I'm in SoCal btw.

What tools do I need to take off the spoiler and rear bumper skirt?

Where'd you get the Job Designs body kit and for how much? Did they come painted already?

I really appreciate your help!

Last edited by AirJames; 02-13-10 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-13-10, 05:05 PM
iKon_RX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice color and choice on lip kit, those are good tires too. you really should invest in airrunner, i have it and have no regrets.
Old 02-15-10, 02:27 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AirJames
Appreciate your posts thus far especially the images which I'd like more of! I have some questions that I would very much like answered which I'm assuming you'll answer because you answered helpfully in my other posts.

Where did you get the paint work done and how much was the paint and the paint job? I'm thinking of doing my spoiler and want to know if I should just get the Balsarini spoiler instead and sell my spoiler. I'm also thinking of having my local body shop paint the rear bumper skirt as well. Maybe we can get a bulk deal going for the Balsarini spoiler! I'm in SoCal btw.

I like the Balsarini spoiler as well and would take that over the OEM. I'm in for a group buy but of course it will depend on final pricing.
You can paint the OEM spoiler for now until the Balsarini spoiler comes in. I'm sure it wouldn't cost must to get it painted, but it really depends on where you get the work done at. I got my parts painted at a friends shop so pricing was reasonable since he's done work for me in the past.

In regards to the lower rear bumper skirt, it's part of the rear bumper and cannot be removed. I too was thinking on the same lines as you (painted all lower black parts body color) but when the dealer told me it'll cost about $1000 I passed and picked up the Job kit.

What tools do I need to take off the spoiler and rear bumper skirt?

If I'm not mistaken the rear spoiler uses either 10mm or 12mm sockets. There is also a plastic locking tab in the top center area that'll need to be squeezed with a long nose pliers. Furthermore, there is also another plastic clip that holds the center area of the spoiler. I broke this plastic piece when I pulled the spoiler off and had to buy another at the dealer so be aware of it. I'm thinking the spoiler is supposed to be pushed up towards the sky when removing it (so you don't break that clip) but can't confirm this. I'm going on how it's attached and the design of the locking tabs.

See comment above about rear lower bumper skirt.

Where'd you get the Job Designs body kit and for how much? Did they come painted already?

The Job Design kit did not come pre-painted. I sourced it from a former vendor in the US

I really appreciate your help!

No problem, that's why we're all here to help each other out

Originally Posted by iKon_RX
nice color and choice on lip kit, those are good tires too. you really should invest in airrunner, i have it and have no regrets.
Thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not my ride quality did not degrade with the larger wheels/tires. I feel like it improved over stock.
I did consider airrunner but didn't know if anyone had it installed and didn't want to be the first. If you have some video showing how high and low it drops your car I'd appreciate it. Have you had any issues with it (blown hoses, tank slow to pressurize, tank too small, etc)? Any pictures showing installation of the components? Pros/cons to the system? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-10, 08:24 AM
1111art
Driver School Candidate

Thinking of getting one of these bolt over grills. Can anybody attach a photo of what it looks like from the side? Seems it might bulge a bit since it's being bolted over the existing grill.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Round 1 of mods-picture-3.jpg  
Old 02-22-10, 05:06 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

I think the ends of the billet grill tapers back towards the edging so it doesn't appear too bulky.
Old 02-22-10, 05:20 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking terrific bro !! Excellent execution !
Old 02-23-10, 04:33 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tromly
Looking terrific bro !! Excellent execution !
Thanks
Old 04-13-10, 05:03 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Sorry for the late post. For those that wanted to see pictures without the side skirts (just front lip and rear) I have the pictures. Let me know and I'll post them up.
Old 04-13-10, 07:05 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you post them up please without the side skirts
Old 04-14-10, 05:02 AM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nicely done Veleno! :thumb up:
Old 04-14-10, 05:06 AM
240harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by veleno
What I'm waiting for:

-JDM Harrier rear emblem (to replace the "L")
Veleno, to the best of my knowledge (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there are no JDM Harrier rear emblems. Front: yea, rear: no. Mine came with Toyota emblem on the rear...
Old 04-16-10, 06:12 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 240harrier
Veleno, to the best of my knowledge (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there are no JDM Harrier rear emblems. Front: yea, rear: no. Mine came with Toyota emblem on the rear...
You are correct. The JDM rear emblem is a Toyota emblem. I will be updating this thread soon when I get my new wheels and will show you what I've done
Old 04-16-10, 07:34 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Pictures of how a stock car would look with just the front/rear lips. I only took off one side of the skirt so you can compare both sides for yourself.

Sorry car is a little dirty

Old 04-16-10, 07:37 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 240harrier
Nicely done Veleno! :thumb up:
Thanks, your car is looking very good as well!
Old 04-16-10, 05:19 PM
iKon_RX
Pole Position

the kit looks good! ....
now this a pic of my airrunner equipped rx on lowest position on stock 18s/oe size tires. sadly its not low enough for me..but i will modify it eventually.
ill make a build thread with pics when i can find the camera i used..
What suspension are you getting? I forget

Quick Reply: Round 1 of mods