RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

08 RX350 - Good deals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 04:56 AM
lexusn00b
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 RX350 - Good deals?

I'm currently looking at a few 2008 RX350's and trying to figure out if what I'm being quoted on are good deals, just ok deals or if the dealer will be laughing when I leave. This will be my first Lexus and is my first post here. Hopefully I'll be in the official Lexus club by the end of the weekend.

Right now I'm looking at three different RX350's that are CPO with mid-20's on the clock and pretty much fully loaded other than the ML and I am down to between $28k-$29.5k with the dealers for around $31k-$32k OTD. All are lease returns. One was already priced in the high $28k and the other was almost $34k

According to Edmunds TMV this looks like a good deal, but I'm not sure I'm really convinced. I know it's really hard to tell what a dealer has in a used car. When it is a lease return, do they have to buy it back from Lexus? How much do they have to pay Lexus for the CPO? Do they have to tell me what they repaired/replaced to bring it up to CPO standards?

Thoughts anyone? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-09-10, 07:30 AM
cmichael
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the $28K and the $34K are comparable in terms of mileage, equipment, etc. then they must have a reason for the $6K difference in asking price and I would inquire as to why.

I think the price sounds reasonable for an 08 with mid 20s. Your warranty is good until some time in 2011 or 48K.

You can get the VIN off of each and do a service search (Lexus.com I believe).

I can't answer your question about the dealership buying the off leased vehicles. Perhaps another member will know.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-10, 07:52 AM
lexusn00b
Driver School Candidate

Thanks cmichael. There is about a 8k mileage difference in the lower priced one compared to the other. From what I negotiated down to so far they are both within about $1k of each other now. They also have the CPO 3yr-100k mile warranty too. My plan is to keep this one for 3-4 years and then upgrade to another 1-2 yr old RX so the warranty should last for nearly the life that I plan to keep it. I did notice that both of these have the Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires which seem to have a horrible tread-life rating and horrible reviews from everyone. So I can expect to shell out another $900 to put a nice set of Michelin's on it too.
Old 07-09-10, 08:23 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusn00b
I'm currently looking at a few 2008 RX350's and trying to figure out if what I'm being quoted on are good deals, just ok deals or if the dealer will be laughing when I leave. This will be my first Lexus and is my first post here. Hopefully I'll be in the official Lexus club by the end of the weekend.

Right now I'm looking at three different RX350's that are CPO with mid-20's on the clock and pretty much fully loaded other than the ML and I am down to between $28k-$29.5k with the dealers for around $31k-$32k OTD. All are lease returns. One was already priced in the high $28k and the other was almost $34k

According to Edmunds TMV this looks like a good deal, but I'm not sure I'm really convinced. I know it's really hard to tell what a dealer has in a used car. When it is a lease return, do they have to buy it back from Lexus? How much do they have to pay Lexus for the CPO? Do they have to tell me what they repaired/replaced to bring it up to CPO standards?

Thoughts anyone? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
For a leased car return, for it to have the LEXUS CPO, they spend ~ $2k. Which they have to recover.

There is a Lexus dealer CPO, which is unique to the dealer only.

A Lexus CPO, you can take into any dealer and the CPO warranty is valid.

A Dealer CPO can only be brought in for CPO warranty where you bought it.
Old 07-09-10, 08:28 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can, I would drive each one that you are considering. One may drive a little differently than the other or light may reflect differently or one just may "feel" more right than the other. Those prices sound pretty good. Maybe get them to do the tires you want now to save some time later and negotiate further. Also, if you like xm satellite radio, check to see if the one you want has it or not. This did not come standard for whatever reason. You could get them to add this also for a reduced price. If you press the SAT button and nothing happens then you don't have it.

Good luck!!
Old 07-09-10, 09:16 AM
lexusn00b
Driver School Candidate

To my knowledge, they are both Lexus CPO. They are both from actual Lexus dealerships and both listings on their website have the Lexus CPO badge. They both seem unwilling to come down any lower than what I have got them to over email/phone. So maybe one of the two of them will sweeten the deal with the tires and maybe an updated nav DVD and I'll sign the dotted line.
Old 07-09-10, 12:04 PM
metal
Driver School Candidate

I purchased an 08 CPO about a year ago and have been very happy (as I am sure you will be). There seems to be a great deal of differance is Lexus dealer service as expressed on the forum from time to time. I would try to contact a few of their customers and see if they have any dealer service input
The prices you are considering look very good for the added CPO.
Pick the color your wife wants!
Old 07-09-10, 12:06 PM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price seems a bit high to me. In a month or two the new 2011 should be coming out and the value of the RX should drop (not much but still).