RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Volume and Tune Knobs Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-17, 01:58 PM
netdragon
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressing to left of ****

Pressing to the left of the left of the **** solved it for me with the 2008 Lexus RX350 AWD! Thanks!

Hopefully it also solves it sporadically spitting out all the cds when I press the power button or seek.
Old 08-21-17, 11:05 AM
HickoryMom
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by lander06
Removed battery cable. Volume and Tune function fixed!
I had this issue pop up too. After several months and two VERY LONG car rides with no sound, I finally stumbled on this thread. Disconnected the battery, and yahoo! The stereo has sound again!!! Curious why this would happen in the first place, but I'm happy! Thanks so much!!!
Old 08-25-17, 04:51 PM
Pepp
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also took the approach of replacing the whole head unit with an aftermarket. Ordered from Cruthfield and they included everything needed including harnesses and simple step by step directions. Very simple novice level install. 1 hour start to finish Cost me about $225 bucks total.
Old 01-07-18, 02:26 AM
Joziphstu
Driver School Candidate

Pls house, don’t know if I’m on the right section, I drive a Lexus is250, the problem here is when I accelerate or brake my radio volume automatically reduces by itself

i need help pls
Old 05-26-19, 09:35 AM
tomf
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sjzack
if I push on the panel to the left of volume button, functionality returns. Seems to happen more frequently on hot days. Definitely not what I expected in a lexus!
Worked for me, 2008 ES350.
Old 05-26-19, 07:02 PM
Audiqv8
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Did an internet search and came up with removing the 7.5a fuse for the"Tel". This didn't help. Decided to remove the following 15a Radio, 7.5a Tel and 30a Amp waited 30 minutes and plug all the fuse back in. Started the car and now my volume control on the steering wheel and radio are working again. Hope this helps anyone else who might run into this problem.

Last edited by Audiqv8; 05-26-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-22-21, 11:34 PM
numair
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
You may have to reprogram the sunroof and windows but disconnecting the battery for awhile may work.
For how long the battery should be disconnected? I have an 2013 RX450H and having nearly the same problem.

I start my car and turn on the audio, after few minutes OR upon turning up the volume, the audio cuts off and doesn't come back. When I turn off the car and start it again, the same thing happens! I have checked all the fuses related radio and amp and they all are good. I already tried removing the positive terminal of battery for like 20 seconds and it didn't work. I am quite worried as I just bought it couple of weeks ago.

And how can I reprogram windows and SR?

I would be thankful for any help.

Last edited by numair; 02-22-21 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-24-21, 11:38 AM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by numair
For how long the battery should be disconnected? I have an 2013 RX450H and having nearly the same problem.

Hours... ...
Old 02-24-21, 10:16 PM
Stefcia
5th Gear

There are so many posts and options on replacing the radio in these cars, it's really not that difficult or crazy expensive and the factory radio really isn't that good. the upgrade in functionality is huge like adding Android Auto to your old lexus.
Old 02-25-21, 06:40 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefcia
There are so many posts and options on replacing the radio in these cars, it's really not that difficult or crazy expensive and the factory radio really isn't that good. the upgrade in functionality is huge like adding Android Auto to your old lexus.
true this!!; once i get the money to do it at the very least i might consider upgrading my speakers and head unit but that wont be cheap to do. I have sirius xm in my rx currently and upgrades would do it wonders im sure.
Old 12-08-21, 02:48 AM
c4real87
Driver School Candidate

Default Volume not working

Recently I discovered that my volume and tune ***** no longer work. The volume **** does turn the radio off/on, but when I want to turn the volume up, it does not work. Usually I get numbers when I turn up or down but it does nothing. The volume also does not work via the steering wheel.

The tune **** scrolls the the EQ settings/Fade/Balance, but I cant make adjustments to increase or decrease.

I did look at the TEL fuse per research i saw the fuse intact

Any help?
Old 06-07-23, 06:05 PM
ShannonsRx
1st Gear

Pushing the panel to the left of the volume **** worked for me, as well, in my 2007 RX350. Like another user mentioned above, it started yesterday sitting parked in the hot Texas sun all afternoon. I'd definitely try this trick first, before resorting to disconnecting the battery. Thanks you guys!
Old 04-14-24, 02:12 PM
faysal1981
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2005 rx330 The volume **** does turn the radio off/on, but when I want to turn the volume up, it does not work. no sound, i can see all preset radio stations, FM am, and everything, but the volume up/ down stopped Usually, I get numbers when I turn up or down but it does nothing !!! i checked all connections, (lose or tight )( i did unplug the battery cable for a reason, and after a few days i found out this happened ) i did reprogram the windows and seat, sunroof, but i i have no idea is there anything i have to reprogram in the radio? please help me, can't invest for a sound system
Old 05-24-24, 09:32 PM
mimranbeig
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by faysal1981
2005 rx330 The volume **** does turn the radio off/on, but when I want to turn the volume up, it does not work. no sound, i can see all preset radio stations, FM am, and everything, but the volume up/ down stopped Usually, I get numbers when I turn up or down but it does nothing !!! i checked all connections, (lose or tight )( i did unplug the battery cable for a reason, and after a few days i found out this happened ) i did reprogram the windows and seat, sunroof, but i i have no idea is there anything i have to reprogram in the radio? please help me, can't invest for a sound system
I have the same issue with my 2007 RX350. I even changed the factory amp (two different ones from ebay) bt that didnt work either, Tried disconnecting the battery too and thats didnt help. I will let you know if I find out anything that works for me.

Hrere is what i did so far - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-location.html
Old 05-24-24, 09:46 PM
faysal1981
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my problem fixed ...... by plug a fuse under the hood , FUSE #26 30amps , labeled AMP , I just take it out and clean and put it back , its start sound on !!!!,
The following users liked this post:
Margate330 (05-24-24)

Quick Reply: Volume and Tune Knobs Not Working