RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Wheels offsets, Spacer Hubs? 5mm, 10mm

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 05:18 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by veleno
lugs should not be hard to find at all. You'll need an open ended acorn style lug nut that is short and thin. I doubt you'll need to replace your studs with the longer units. As long as you can get a minimum of 6 full turns of the lug nut then you're good to go. 5mm spacer is not wide at all.
I bought a kit. Longer bolts included. Abt. 1/4 longer.

PS: it's just safer. The RX is kind of heavy and I wanna make sure the wheels stay on But I need to look at the kit.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-08-10 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-08-10, 05:21 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stunt66
21" is probably the most awkward size rim you can buy, thats why its hard to find tires. Staggered rims look cool for sure but only on some vehicles and wouldn't that totally screw up your tranny if its AWD? I can't wait to seee pics though and hopefully it works out in the end.
Yes Jdm wheels thus everything gets awkward. Done all my AWD/staggered homework already . Lots of AWD Searches and consulting. Even talked to a physicist that does it My tires are .02 diff. in size with the circumference front and rear. Time will only tell in any case.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-08-10 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-09-10, 10:20 AM
stunt66
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

They might be almost the same size but theres gotta be a weight difference. On my truck I had a blow out and had to use the spare tire which is the exact same tire but brand new and when I took it in to the dealer they called me and told me I need 3 new tires to match because it would mess with my 4x4 mode. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that but I could see how it might mess things up. I'm hoping they do work out and im really curious on the look so get some motherf#*$ing pics asap!!!!!!
Old 10-09-10, 12:11 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I did not want to get into a debate about it. Did my home work and am taking the risk. The wheels might end up not looking right and up for sale they go.

Just needed to get them on. So crazy what I go through for cars.
Old 10-10-10, 06:25 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

FOILED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo close!! man! Needs 10mm not 5mm to clear the shock I hope to have it on some time next week.

I swear it was like going to a movie your so exited to see. It starts and after the first opening scene the screen goes blank and you get kicked out of the movie haha. Sigh....
Old 10-20-10, 10:30 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

I must say I am very happy right now. Just an FYI, No photo I have taken gives justice to the wheel quality and look. Everyone that has seen it agree. If I had a choice there would be less poke and more tire.

Rear:10mm spacer + a 2mm. Fronts are 5mm.

What a different world between the two.

Such a great contrast change when outside. Mirrors everything. Overcast. Might remove the 5MM later from the front.

Over all man I am so relieved. It's such nicer drive than the stocks as well. Very smooth and comfortable. More tire on the road helps. Less rubbing than the stocks lol!! Love it.

Last edited by infinirx; 12-29-10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-21-10, 12:41 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great with the wheels and drop. Without the drop it'll be another story but good job man.

btw, our cars have some of the same stuff (visors, fusa, tsuna). I'm liking the white against the blue, nice contrast. Mine are gold but might want to try white just to see what it looks like. Where did you get them at?
Old 10-21-10, 01:50 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I am getting a body kit and Air system in Jan. It will complete the look. I also have black Kontruna and Fusa for when I get bored and want to switch.

Luxury bippu style.com Sean is the owner. Tell him I referred you He sells stuff no one knows about yet at well. I got stuff before anyone in the country a couple of times with JP stuff. LINK!!! http://luxury-bippu-style.com/

Last edited by infinirx; 10-21-10 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-21-10, 02:22 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info. I can't seem to get that website to work. Can you post a direct link or PM it to me? Thanks.

A body kit would make it more complete. I have the JOB kit with 22's and it really does make the car look so much better.
Old 10-21-10, 10:33 AM
stunt66
Pit Crew

Looks sweet infinirx! Its hard to see from the pics but do the rims have a really pronounced staggered look? There's no better feeling than having it all work out in the end after so much work!!!!! What side vents do you have on?

Got any pics of your beast Veleno?
Old 10-21-10, 05:17 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Looks sweet infinirx! Its hard to see from the pics but do the rims have a really pronounced staggered look? There's no better feeling than having it all work out in the end after so much work!!!!! What side vents do you have on?

Well cause it's such a mirror finish it;s hard to see anything else lol! But yes the staggered fitment is obvious. Not huge, but like I said the finish just makes allot of blending.

Side Vents? Oh here: http://www.myautofashion.com/sidevisor.html

Tell Her James Walker sent you. You can arrange pick up, save shipping.

Last edited by infinirx; 10-21-10 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-21-10, 11:42 PM
veleno
Lead Lap

Not to thread jack, but look here for the old pictures:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...1-of-mods.html

I'll post new pictures hopefully this weekend with the new mods
Old 10-22-10, 03:16 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

All that and you never got Air? It's a very nice build but looks off with the height. I mean especially because of the body kit. Love everything else though. Hehe this makes me even more ambitious to get the Digital Managed Air suspension. Where are you located?
Old 10-22-10, 04:42 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

I know what you mean about the height. I was also considering springs like you did but decided that I needed something that was adjustable so I didn't go that route. I'm waiting for another member to post some pictures of his install on the RX with Air Runners so I can see how his is set up. I'm pretty sure it's similar to every other air setup but I'm in no rush so waiting for the pictures isn't a problem.

If you beat me to it then post some pictures!

I'm in the pacific between Japan and Hawaii
Old 10-22-10, 03:25 PM
stunt66
Pit Crew

Thanks for the link infinrx. How's the ride on those?

You need to drop that beast ASAP veleno!!!! There's way too much gap for those rims and kit. those rims will look huge once you drop it. What's the job kit worth?

Quick Reply: Wheels offsets, Spacer Hubs? 5mm, 10mm