RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

A small but usable little JDM Mod I bought.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-10, 11:10 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me explain a bit on my post as it seems I have to do this allot when it's a post other than "what break pads should I get" or "I can't open my hatch". I you don't care don't post. Makes for negativity that should stay in the less educated car threads that are filled with teenagers driving multicolored Honda's cause they can't afford to paint the replaced fender on there "salvaged" vehicle and have wings the size of an F/16. But think they are driving Lambo.

I think maybe some people don't get the Japanese domestic market or know just how gadget crazed they are. It's all good. I don't understand owning a Rolex cause they are kind of middle class (every construction worker in HK has one) but understand the value of a Piaget ALLOT more. It's a culture thing. But for people that love the JDM market thing appreciate these things. Japanese domestic market means they are not sold here in the USA (USDM). You have to look for shops or dealers are actually sell "real" JDM and not the cheap crap like XXR wheels made in China. They are made for Japanese customers and are always special orders for us if we can find sellers that are legit. Why we pay so much for them. This particular thing is probably about $25 in Japan.

This is a HUGE business and getting bigger as people get exposure to quality products or just love the culture. Anyway I knew I was taking a risk posting that some would not understand or care. But this stuff is top quality and worth every penny. $40K car $80 product OEM JDM is not THAT expensive.
Old 11-14-10, 04:14 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, if the man wants to spend $80 on his vehicle, let him spend it anyway he chooses. Yes, JDM products are very, very nice and a quality product. In this world, consumers are given choices. You can spend $300 for JDM window deflectors vs $150 competitor's, the choice is yours.
Old 11-14-10, 06:14 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

infinirx, I can't understand how the trash container works, maybe you can explain it, but it's pretty neat looking. Obviously it takes a certain person to appreciate JDM accessories and you are definitely one of them. I have the visors on my 450h. Sure I could have gone with Weathertechs for much less but IMO the JDMs are the best and worth the extra money. Thank you for sharing your friend's website. Does she have any fun stuff for 3rd gen
Old 11-14-10, 06:18 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by wr332
you all going to flame me and i don't care but the streets are my garbage bin. i am paying for street cleaning with my tax.
wr332, are you really that lazy to dispose of trash properly? One of these days a cop is going to catch you. Your punishment should be to spend a few days picking up trash on the the roads in Newark or Paterson. Maybe that would change your mind. Please be considerate to your neighbors.
Old 11-14-10, 08:16 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wr332
you all going to flame me and i don't care but the streets are my garbage bin. i am paying for street cleaning with my tax.

putting a garbage bin inside your car was a stupid idea. this guy should just waste his money on a mercedes
I guess that's the attitude in New Jersey. Do that in California, the minimum fine is $1000.
Old 11-14-10, 08:53 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's refrain from State bashing here. We're here to talk about cars.
Old 11-14-10, 11:11 AM
wr332
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not proud of it. it's something what i do but you guys brought this up and i just don't lie , i'm 100% sure everyone has thrown out trash on streets on or off car, maybe when your a kid and your parents thrown it out before.. i just admit what i have done it. stop acting like you never ever thrown trash, maybe in high school you miss the trash can and you would go over and pick it up ?

ps. people who smoke(Ashes) or breath(old air) already thrown trash out

Last edited by wr332; 11-14-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-15-10, 09:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
Let me explain a bit on my post as it seems I have to do this allot when it's a post other than "what break pads should I get" or "I can't open my hatch". I you don't care don't post. Makes for negativity that should stay in the less educated car threads that are filled with teenagers driving multicolored Honda's cause they can't afford to paint the replaced fender on there "salvaged" vehicle and have wings the size of an F/16. But think they are driving Lambo.

I think maybe some people don't get the Japanese domestic market or know just how gadget crazed they are. It's all good. I don't understand owning a Rolex cause they are kind of middle class (every construction worker in HK has one) but understand the value of a Piaget ALLOT more. It's a culture thing. But for people that love the JDM market thing appreciate these things. Japanese domestic market means they are not sold here in the USA (USDM). You have to look for shops or dealers are actually sell "real" JDM and not the cheap crap like XXR wheels made in China. They are made for Japanese customers and are always special orders for us if we can find sellers that are legit. Why we pay so much for them. This particular thing is probably about $25 in Japan.

This is a HUGE business and getting bigger as people get exposure to quality products or just love the culture. Anyway I knew I was taking a risk posting that some would not understand or care. But this stuff is top quality and worth every penny. $40K car $80 product OEM JDM is not THAT expensive.
With you bro. All about personalizing your RX.
Old 11-21-10, 07:20 AM
vg1134
Driver

that is actually a nice piece. I guess I might opt for the passenger foot well as the location to place it.
Old 11-21-10, 10:04 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Says you own a Gx350?? I can't seem to see that car around? Gx470 or RX350?
Or a GS350?

Back on topic, I've seen this at another vendor's site and considered it. Like vg1134 said, I too, might opt for the passenger side. But might be a little hard to reach from the driver's side. Looks good either way.

Last edited by TrendyTodd; 11-21-10 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-21-10, 10:06 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
infinirx, I can't understand how the trash container works, maybe you can explain it, but it's pretty neat looking. Obviously it takes a certain person to appreciate JDM accessories and you are definitely one of them. I have the visors on my 450h. Sure I could have gone with Weathertechs for much less but IMO the JDMs are the best and worth the extra money. Thank you for sharing your friend's website. Does she have any fun stuff for 3rd gen
I will post some photos to better show. Been very busy with other mods that are more important to me but less of a thing this site would care about seeing. Mostly interior show stuff. This particular thing here is actually functional.
Old 11-21-10, 10:08 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vg1134
that is actually a nice piece. I guess I might opt for the passenger foot well as the location to place it.
You could do that easy. It's universal unless there is a part on our passenger side that inhibits the installation inside the wall.
Old 11-22-10, 10:31 PM
RX330Betsy
Driver School Candidate

Question

I had been meaning to get this JDM trash bin for so long with my last car. I have so much little garbage (gum wrappers, receipts, misc. papers) that my console cup holders and storage are a bit of a mess. So I knew I would actually use this. Yes it's JDM exclusive so it's a tad pricey but it's also OEM quality and easy to install. I use it allot now and it's so easy to use and emty out. I see so many technical questions come up here and we nitpick our cars allot. I think a post that has really nothing to do with much but enjoying your RX and keeping it clean might be fun.

With that said I thought I would share a couple of pics

This is from the site. No drilling! can also adjust the distance so it's closer and less distracting to use while driving. This is the light Tan for that interior but you can get the light Grey and Black as well. Just press the button and it pops open.

Seems silly but it's a great find I think. Every little thing to help me keep the car clean and neat Yes I know I need to wash my floor mats
What is the website for this product??
Old 11-22-10, 11:33 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vg1134
Hey I just wanted to say that I had a revelation. Silly me it WAS meant for the Passengers side! It's JDM so that OEM photo was taken of a right hand drive Toyota Harrier. So funny. You can even see the the separate plastic wall to have access inside the dash. It's only on the passengers side. If you see my photo the drivers side is one full wall. I think I am gonna get another one

This is the site Betsy! http://www.myautofashion.com/haclbox.html
Old 11-23-10, 09:58 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

K so here are some pics. It looks like it impedes your leg but it really doesn't at least for me. My foot is at an angle for the break and gas therefore my leg is too. My leg hardly ever touches the box and I forget it's there. However I do seem to bend to reach the box a bit. Better left for when at a red light if on the driver side.

Give an extra pull and it's comes out easy so you can empty the can.

Quick Reply: A small but usable little JDM Mod I bought.