RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

A small but usable little JDM Mod I bought.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-10, 02:48 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A small but usable little JDM trash bin Mod I bought.

I had been meaning to get this JDM trash bin for so long with my last car. I have so much little garbage (gum wrappers, receipts, misc. papers) that my console cup holders and storage are a bit of a mess. So I knew I would actually use this. Yes it's JDM exclusive so it's a tad pricey but it's also OEM quality and easy to install. I use it allot now and it's so easy to use and emty out. I see so many technical questions come up here and we nitpick our cars allot. I think a post that has really nothing to do with much but enjoying your RX and keeping it clean might be fun.

With that said I thought I would share a couple of pics

This is from the site. No drilling! can also adjust the distance so it's closer and less distracting to use while driving. This is the light Tan for that interior but you can get the light Grey and Black as well. Just press the button and it pops open.

Seems silly but it's a great find I think. Every little thing to help me keep the car clean and neat Yes I know I need to wash my floor mats

Last edited by infinirx; 11-13-10 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-13-10, 06:48 AM
starrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so....what is it?? any photos of it open? is it a extra storage bin?
Old 11-13-10, 07:33 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wouldn't that installation interfere with your leg and the gas peddle?
Old 11-13-10, 08:57 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

How much and where did you pick it up?
Old 11-13-10, 01:03 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by starrock
so....what is it?? any photos of it open? is it a extra storage bin?
It's a little garbage bin. I did not realize I never actually said what it was directly. I will take a daytime pic today.

Last edited by infinirx; 11-13-10 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-13-10, 01:07 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rainbird
Wouldn't that installation interfere with your leg and the gas peddle?
Not unless your obese or a giant and your legs take up an unusual amount of space in that area. It's got a soft oem type leather padding on the exterior so you can actually lean your leg on it if needed.
Old 11-13-10, 01:07 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
How much and where did you pick it up?
From my contact: http://www.myautofashion.com/haclbox.html

Let her know James sent you I want her to start feeling more comfortable selling to people from this site so I can help people here get deals. She seems reluctant.
Old 11-13-10, 03:10 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
I had been meaning to get this JDM garbage bin for so long with my last car. I have so much little garbage (gum wrappers, receipts, misc. papers) that my console cup holders and storage are a bit of a mess. So I knew I would actually use this. Yes it's JDM exclusive so it's a tad pricey but it's also OEM quality and easy to install. I use it allot now and it's so easy to use and emty.

With that said I thought I would share a couple of pics

This is from the site. No drilling! can also adjust the distance so it's closer and less distracting to use while driving. This is the light Tan int. Just press the button and it pops open.

Seems silly but it's a great find I think. Every little thing to help me keep the car clean and neat Yes I know I need to wash my floor mats
"No drilling!" So, how is it attached? Velcro?
Old 11-13-10, 03:23 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Japanese ingenuity and there usual mindful design Haha no Velcro tape. Prob would last about a week at best with that. I thought it needed to be drilled and since there are metal plates and lots of screws I put off trying to install it. But when I really sat down and looked it was just metal plates using screws to apply pressure in all the right areas. Hard to explain and was hard to figure out at first even looking at the instructions but it's actually really simple and well thought out. Completely secure in place.
Old 11-13-10, 08:13 PM
wr332
Rookie

you all going to flame me and i don't care but the streets are my garbage bin. i am paying for street cleaning with my tax.

putting a garbage bin inside your car was a stupid idea. this guy should just waste his money on a mercedes
Old 11-13-10, 08:18 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wr332
you all going to flame me and i don't care but the streets are my garbage bin. i am paying for street cleaning with my tax.

putting a garbage bin inside your car was a stupid idea. this guy should just waste his money on a mercedes
Hahahahaaha Rookie your starting off great in this forum.

PS: Where do you live Newark? Jersey City? Patterson? Oh I can't forget the wonderfully clean Trenton. Some great clean cities there.
Old 11-13-10, 09:05 PM
khilgers
Driver School Candidate

I usually just throw my little garbage in the drivers side door handle thing thing. Then when I get home I empty it out and throw it in the garbage. BAM $80 saved to spend on hookers and blow. Nifty contraption though, I just don't see myself spending almost $100 to neatly contain my garbage.
Old 11-13-10, 10:25 PM
wr332
Rookie

Originally Posted by infinirx
Hahahahaaha Rookie your starting off great in this forum.

PS: Where do you live Newark? Jersey City? Patterson? Oh I can't forget the wonderfully clean Trenton. Some great clean cities there.
yeah those places are dirty, i know and no one cares about it.
but i live in a nice town with people driving lambos ferriers and lexus mercedes and a whole lot of bmws,, yep it's an Italian town , i just move in and i'm not rich
Old 11-13-10, 10:54 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by khilgers
I usually just throw my little garbage in the drivers side door handle thing thing. Then when I get home I empty it out and throw it in the garbage. BAM $80 saved to spend on hookers and blow. Nifty contraption though, I just don't see myself spending almost $100 to neatly contain my garbage.
If your spending $80 on hookers and and blow well.... Wait what Forum is this???
Old 11-13-10, 11:03 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wr332
yeah those places are dirty, i know and no one cares about it.
but i live in a nice town with people driving lambos ferriers and lexus mercedes and a whole lot of bmws,, yep it's an Italian town , i just move in and i'm not rich
Might wanna watch out in Jersey for highway patrol or local cop when throwing your garbage out the window. Some of them might actually stop you a mile down the road and make you walk all the way back, pick it up and throw it away proper.

Says you own a Gx350?? I can't seem to see that car around? Gx470 or RX350?

Last edited by infinirx; 11-13-10 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: A small but usable little JDM Mod I bought.