RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Doesn't this look nice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 05:03 PM
alitech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesn't this look nice?

Came accross an aerial on ebay and thought, I just have got to have one.. you know impulse etc. Its called the Richbook sabre aerial and looks like one of wolverine's claws. It looks quite good on the car I think.. I got the chrome option. It can be viewed here
http://www.richbrook-styling.co.uk/a...theft-aerial/9

I think it looks quite nice, only when I took out the original rubber one and fit this one on there, there is a gap between the aerial and the base.. it didnt come with any gap fillers of fittings to make up the gap. I am assuming that others cars dont need any gap fillers which is why they dont supply it with the aerials.

This is what it looks like right now. I would like to keep it. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fill this gap up... any fitting options I can explore? Just want to get something in there so it doesnt look bad. got a couple of pictures I took from my mobile

Last edited by alitech; 11-28-10 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-26-10, 06:06 PM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy BIG picture Batman!!!!
Old 11-26-10, 06:59 PM
khilgers
Driver School Candidate

size down your pics please

Last edited by Lil4X; 11-28-10 at 04:20 PM. Reason: removing obnoxious word
Old 11-26-10, 08:23 PM
Bluesjam
Rookie

That's killing my iPad.
Old 11-27-10, 01:37 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol! Does look like an interesting find product wise. Maybe fitment needs to be better. But over all good find.
Old 11-28-10, 04:05 AM
ManXP
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you post a bigger picture, please? It's so tiny that nobody can see it Didn't you get a camera with a bigger resolution?
Old 11-28-10, 05:57 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by khilgers
size down your pics please
Alitech are you able to downsize your pictures at all? Very hard to see pictures on small laptop screens, so kinda miss the detail (scrolling way to much). Cheers.

Last edited by Lil4X; 11-28-10 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Edited for content
Old 11-28-10, 09:44 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If any of you are rocking Fire Fox there's a handy app called Zoom Image that takes care of situations like this. I had to reduce these pics by 75%! OP, a nice coat of wax wouldn't go amiss.
Old 11-28-10, 03:55 PM
alitech
Driver School Candidate

Hope this is better guys.. sorry, it seems like its an old version of VBulletin installed on this forum. The newer version resizes automatically to the individual screen sizes for all visitors.

These were taken with a mobile phone btw and not a camera as someone suggested above.
Old 11-28-10, 03:57 PM
alitech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carver
If any of you are rocking Fire Fox there's a handy app called Zoom Image that takes care of situations like this. I had to reduce these pics by 75%! OP, a nice coat of wax wouldn't go amiss.
You know what, I have been reading into poslishing, waxing and the lot. Everyone seems to recommend the products they have used the most and have a liking to. I have just recently bought this car and want to keep it tip top so will look into putting some time into waxing etc. Will start with claying.

Came accross a cool website in the UK with walkthroughs.

www.polishyourcar.co.uk
Old 11-28-10, 04:38 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gentlemen: we appreciate your concern with oversize pictures posted on the forum, but let's handle it in a civil manner.

Ordinarily, we prefer that you restrict posted pictures to not much wider than 700 pixels because larger photos will widen the entire page, forcing viewers to scroll back and forth to read every message on the page. If you post images from your phone or camera, you can be a big help by rescanning them to a standard 760X480 before posting. We are looking into installing the newer version of VBulletin in the near future to help control this problem, but on a forum the size of CL, that's going to be a fair-sized undertaking. For now it's up to each of us to help keep the margins of our pages within the bounds of at least a 3:4 monitor.

If you need to re-size images, there is a user-friendly shareware app called Irfanview that quickly and easily performs many of the editing functions of Photoshop LE, particularly cropping and re-sizing. Find it at http://www.irfanview.com/

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Lil4X; 11-28-10 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 07:09 PM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Whatever floats your boat! I don't care for the look plus I am concerned that the added weight would put undue stress on the antenna and mount. Besides, I would never see it, it sits on top of the body and I suspect it is cosmetic only.
Old 11-29-10, 07:45 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I see this is promoted as an anti-theft antenna. Is that actually a problem in the UK?
Old 11-30-10, 04:16 AM
alitech
Driver School Candidate

Grumpa72: Undue stress on the antenna? It weighs the same as the OEM one. You make me smile.. why did you even make the effort of contributing absolutely nothing to the thread?

Its completely cosmetic I agree and I am not seeking recognition of how it looks, I am merely trying to fill in the gap left between the aerial and the base.

Rainbird: Anti theft is a marketing gimmick I am sure. I dont particularly care much about that. All sorts of thefts happen all accross the world so I wouldnt assert anything as a UK specific problem.
Old 11-30-10, 05:57 PM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by alitech
Grumpa72: Undue stress on the antenna? It weighs the same as the OEM one. You make me smile.. why did you even make the effort of contributing absolutely nothing to the thread?

Let's see. Your title says "doesn't this look nice" (the title implies that you are looking for responses) and then you chastise me because I replied that I didn't like it and questioned whether or not there was added weight. You make me smile

not!

Last edited by Grumpa72; 12-01-10 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Doesn't this look nice?