RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Brake Fluid Cup Recall and the Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 04:49 PM
kiwi
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

make sure you call the owner of the dealership, or at least send him/her an email. they need to know how there staff are acting (especially when it results in them telling alot of others, and losing business to further away dealers)

most owners have no idea how there staff treat customers. (they want to know)
Old 02-05-11, 04:35 PM
cdnewton
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

We just got the recall performed on Friday. I had to make an appt a week out to get it fixed, and they also did a 150 point inspection, provided a loaner, the gas tank was filled and they washed the car ... overall, excellent experience.
Old 02-05-11, 05:31 PM
VAttorney
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I could but I'm not even inclined to let them touch the car now... and I find it a good excuse (since like you the dealer will likely only see me for recalls at this point since there isn't any warranty left and I know a great indy mechanic) to go to another dealer so that I can start shopping for the dealer I will use when the time comes to get me my next Lexus, mostly likely a CPO.
Old 02-05-11, 11:02 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have NOT received my letter yet
Old 02-06-11, 05:20 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
I still have NOT received my letter yet
You do not need to wait. Just call or visit the dealership with your VIN in hand so they can check to see if your vehicle is part of the recall or not. They will let you know either way and when they can perform the work.

FWIW, I have not received my notice either and have owned since new. I am waiting for a time that better fits into my schedule before making the drive to the dealer to drop it off.
Old 02-06-11, 05:47 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

You do not need to wait. Just call or visit the dealership with your VIN in hand so they can check to see if your vehicle is part of the recall or not. They will let you know either way and when they can perform the work.
+1 on what he said. I called the dealer, he looked up my VIN and said the recall was applicable and scheduled the service while I was on the phone. The letter came a couple of weeks later.
Old 02-06-11, 06:48 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

VAttorney, I'm glad you're not going to let the dealer touch your RX. You might want to talk to the general manager since the service manager is worthless. IMO the owner may not care especially if the dealer one of many. It's sad to see this crap still happens. And if you want to head up to NJ for the recall, let me know. I'll set you up with my SA
Old 02-06-11, 09:51 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys I will call. By luck my RX was purchased originally at that dealership near my place
Old 02-07-11, 06:39 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
Thanks guys I will call. By luck my RX was purchased originally at that dealership near my place
they like to service a vehicle they originally sold. Even if it wasnt you that purchased it new. that`s my situation with my dealer. the woman that bought it new traded mine for a Volvo.....
Old 02-08-11, 08:06 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus114
the woman that bought it new traded mine for a Volvo.....
Wonder how that worked out for her?
Old 02-08-11, 08:17 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Well Volvo`s are good cars. I like the new S60. But I`d take the IS 250/350 over it. Then again,I`d have to drive both to make that determination. (to be fair) But...I would not trade an RX for the XC90. I have driven the XC90,and didnt care for it. (My neighbor`s)

Last edited by lexus114; 02-08-11 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 11:43 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

take it to another dealer would be your best bet....

CPO - cost a little more than others but it's worth it IMO
Old 02-12-11, 12:22 PM
VAttorney
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: the folks at Lexus.com called me back after I called them and told them of my experience and how it failed to measure up to what I'd expected based on everything I'd read here (and elsewhere) about Lexus and their service. The woman that called me was the contact for the dealership that I'd had the less than successful interaction with. She told me she'd talked to the Service Manager and he was left thunderstruck, stunned and silent (but that would be the line regardless). She apologized profusely and said it was all a bit inexplicable since the services that seemed to be in issue (gas top off, car wash and loaner) were provided BY LEXUS for the recall so they wouldn't have cost the dealer a thing. She said that if a loaner wasn't available that there was a fund for a loaner for up to one day and $45 to pay for it if necessary. I told her I would be working with another dealership (she really worked to try to get me to give this dealer another chance.. I guess she realized it was a bit hopeless after I laughed so hard at the idea that I was nearly crying). I told her that I intended to use this opportunity to shop another dealership that I might consider using for the next Lexus I'd have... and that while it may seem a bit quick to judge on the basis of one or two phone calls... that I wasn't interested in dealing with a dealership whose idea of frugality was so short sighted... not to mention, if everything she said was true, I added, what would stop the dealer from failing to provide the loaner, car wash and/or top off but claim to Lexus that they had? I don't know how such things work...but based on what she said, I can't see why the dealership would work to avoid providing those amenities if they were going to be reimbursed by the manufacturer. In any case, I realize that there are other dealers that are much better out there and I think they are probably worth the drive. My biggest concern is how far away they would be when/if I was at the point that I had a Lexus with warranty!
Old 02-12-11, 04:35 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Wow interesting experience!

Well I hope mine is different Heh I hope I get a loaner car hehe

I got my letter. Gonna call Monday. I hope there is no issue with my having Air suspension in the car. recent install. I know how some dealerships get. If there is anything aftermarket they don;t touch it.

But just on being specific look at the middle of the page on "what is Lexus going to do"
Old 02-12-11, 08:39 PM
salimshah

Received 1,081 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by VAttorney
UPDATE: the folks at Lexus.com called me back after I called them and told them of my experience and how it failed to measure up to what I'd expected based on everything I'd read here (and elsewhere) about Lexus and their service. The woman that called me was the contact for the dealership that I'd had the less than successful interaction with. She told me she'd talked to the Service Manager and he was left thunderstruck, stunned and silent (but that would be the line regardless). She apologized profusely and said it was all a bit inexplicable since the services that seemed to be in issue (gas top off, car wash and loaner) were provided BY LEXUS for the recall so they wouldn't have cost the dealer a thing. She said that if a loaner wasn't available that there was a fund for a loaner for up to one day and $45 to pay for it if necessary. I told her I would be working with another dealership (she really worked to try to get me to give this dealer another chance.. I guess she realized it was a bit hopeless after I laughed so hard at the idea that I was nearly crying). I told her that I intended to use this opportunity to shop another dealership that I might consider using for the next Lexus I'd have... and that while it may seem a bit quick to judge on the basis of one or two phone calls... that I wasn't interested in dealing with a dealership whose idea of frugality was so short sighted... not to mention, if everything she said was true, I added, what would stop the dealer from failing to provide the loaner, car wash and/or top off but claim to Lexus that they had? I don't know how such things work...but based on what she said, I can't see why the dealership would work to avoid providing those amenities if they were going to be reimbursed by the manufacturer. In any case, I realize that there are other dealers that are much better out there and I think they are probably worth the drive. My biggest concern is how far away they would be when/if I was at the point that I had a Lexus with warranty!
Glad some one listened to you.

Salim

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid Cup Recall and the Local Dealer