RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Brake Fluid Cup Recall and the Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-11, 07:12 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by VAttorney
UPDATE: the folks at Lexus.com called me back after I called them and told them of my experience and how it failed to measure up to what I'd expected based on everything I'd read here (and elsewhere) about Lexus and their service. The woman that called me was the contact for the dealership that I'd had the less than successful interaction with. She told me she'd talked to the Service Manager and he was left thunderstruck, stunned and silent (but that would be the line regardless). She apologized profusely and said it was all a bit inexplicable since the services that seemed to be in issue (gas top off, car wash and loaner) were provided BY LEXUS for the recall so they wouldn't have cost the dealer a thing. She said that if a loaner wasn't available that there was a fund for a loaner for up to one day and $45 to pay for it if necessary. I told her I would be working with another dealership (she really worked to try to get me to give this dealer another chance.. I guess she realized it was a bit hopeless after I laughed so hard at the idea that I was nearly crying). I told her that I intended to use this opportunity to shop another dealership that I might consider using for the next Lexus I'd have... and that while it may seem a bit quick to judge on the basis of one or two phone calls... that I wasn't interested in dealing with a dealership whose idea of frugality was so short sighted... not to mention, if everything she said was true, I added, what would stop the dealer from failing to provide the loaner, car wash and/or top off but claim to Lexus that they had? I don't know how such things work...but based on what she said, I can't see why the dealership would work to avoid providing those amenities if they were going to be reimbursed by the manufacturer. In any case, I realize that there are other dealers that are much better out there and I think they are probably worth the drive. My biggest concern is how far away they would be when/if I was at the point that I had a Lexus with warranty!
Good deal. We need more people like you to stand for what we believe in. To be treated as consumers. We are the customer. We do the buying.
Old 02-13-11, 07:28 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

VA, you go girl! You put them in their place and now they know it

I wouldn't worry too much about warranty work. In 12 years and 3 RXs, I've had maybe three things fall into that category, not including this recall since I don't have my 330 anymore. You can stick with your independent repair place. Even if you have to drive a few extra miles, make a day out of it. I do. Closest Lexus dealer to me is 10-15 minutes away but they lost me as a customer back in '98. I admit I have gone there a few times to have burnt out bulbs replaced. The looks I get after they pull up my information, wow! But they've never asked me why I went with another dealer. Good thing because I'd give them an earful!!
Old 02-13-11, 01:32 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't know about the dealer washing the car, but I personally usually get hosed pretty good by the dealer when getting any service done!
Old 02-13-11, 04:38 PM
js0l0
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infinirx
I still have NOT received my letter yet
I had not received my letter either. I called the dealership, and they made me an apt after verifying the VIN. In order to get a loaner, I could not get an apt for 3 weeks (Wilkie Lexus)
Old 02-18-11, 02:36 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the letter and dropped the car off this morning. I got a call in about 45min saying that there was a leak it they needed to replace some "booster" part and had to order the part. I got a loaner car 2010 lexus RX 350 fully equipped for the duration. They also told me I would get a full tank of gas on delivery

So far I am pretty happy

Update: Yup full tank. All is well.

Last edited by infinirx; 02-20-11 at 01:52 AM.