RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11, 08:12 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Use a Battery Tender and plug it in to keep your battery charged. If there is no power in the storage unit, take the battery out and plug it into a Battery Tender in your home. If you remove your battery remember you will need to re-initialize some settings when power is restored. Make a note of what needs to be reinitialized and the procedures required.

Add a few extra pounds of air to the tires to prevent flat spotting but I'd not air them to their rated maximum. Remember that the temperature in the storage unit could rise during the hot summer months and the tire pressure could build up and exceed the maximum.

Fill the gas tank and add Stabil. I prefer using Stabil Ethanol or Stabil Marine over the normal Stabil. Run the engine for a while to be sure to get the stabilized fuel into the engine. Might not hurt to do an oil change as well.

Buy several boxes of dCON and put them in and around the car. Mice or other rodents can make a mess of your car if they set up home in it. I'd also plug your air intake with a wad of steel wool and also your exhaust. Leave a note on your dash reminding you to remove them before starting the car.

I'd also lay down a couple layers if visqueen on the floor to keep moisture from wicking up and causing exposed metal like your brake rotors from rusting.

QD the car and maybe Quik Wax it and then cover it for the duration.

Best wishes on your military training.
Old 06-02-11, 08:46 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sage advice there buddy.
Old 06-05-11, 09:52 AM
Leoc2004
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Use a Battery Tender and plug it in to keep your battery charged. If there is no power in the storage unit, take the battery out and plug it into a Battery Tender in your home. If you remove your battery remember you will need to re-initialize some settings when power is restored. Make a note of what needs to be reinitialized and the procedures required.

Add a few extra pounds of air to the tires to prevent flat spotting but I'd not air them to their rated maximum. Remember that the temperature in the storage unit could rise during the hot summer months and the tire pressure could build up and exceed the maximum.

Fill the gas tank and add Stabil. I prefer using Stabil Ethanol or Stabil Marine over the normal Stabil. Run the engine for a while to be sure to get the stabilized fuel into the engine. Might not hurt to do an oil change as well.

Buy several boxes of dCON and put them in and around the car. Mice or other rodents can make a mess of your car if they set up home in it. I'd also plug your air intake with a wad of steel wool and also your exhaust. Leave a note on your dash reminding you to remove them before starting the car.

I'd also lay down a couple layers if visqueen on the floor to keep moisture from wicking up and causing exposed metal like your brake rotors from rusting.

QD the car and maybe Quik Wax it and then cover it for the duration.

Best wishes on your military training.

Thank you for the tips.
Old 06-05-11, 11:08 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

FWIW, I just noticed this deal.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/5277...attery-charger
Old 06-05-11, 04:25 PM
Leoc2004
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
Great deal but im leaving in a day and a half...