RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New 2009 Rx 350 Owner Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 12:01 PM
Santa29
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2009 Rx 350 Owner Here

Hi,

Just picked up a Black 2009 Lexus Rx350 and am going to be spending a lot more time here from now on. Wondering if anyone has any tips and advice for me, especially anything I should be looking out for and if there are any notable and common car problems I should be looking out for? Hoping to get some more information here.

Additionally one thing I am very interested in is the metal gate looking item that usually protects the front/back and sometimes the back lights as well? Any idea on how much those are and if I need to get them professionally installed? Does it have to be a dealer, or can any mechanic do it? Thanks, looking forward to reading from everyone and exploring all the knowledge in the forums.
Old 07-08-11, 01:32 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome, Santa. Post pics of your ride, if you can.
Old 07-09-11, 07:48 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus. Be sure to take advantage of the "search forum" feature. Almost any question you have would have been previously discussed. Also, you should register at the Lexus Owner's website. The complete Lexus service history of your vehicle will be there as well as any warranty work or recalls.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home
Old 07-09-11, 10:42 AM
stunt66
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You've come to the right place and make sure you spend some time looking at the threads on here. I'm on here daily and i don't even drive the RX(wifes ride), I've learned so much about the RX from this place. The only problems that we ran into on our 08 RX was moisture in the headlight(very common, covered under warranty), Excessive white dust on dash(common also, should be covered under warranty hopefully) and the passenger mirror doesnt tilt down when in reverse(not common but covered under warranty). You'll love the RX Santa29, the few times that ive driven the RX I couldnt believe how smooth and powerful it was.
Old 07-09-11, 07:37 PM
BurntRubbr
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Blue-Tooth Set-Up

I have one small suggestion and it may save you hours of time. If you are not the only owner of your RX350, then someone else may have set up a blue tooth phone on there before you have had yours entered into the system. After spending approx ..well, too much danged time, trying to set mine into my Blackberry Storm, I finally figured out that you need to ERASE (delete button) the other phones entered into the system. If you need any help, let me know. I also know how to disable the GPS lock-out while driving, so that a passenger can enter an address WHILE you are driving!
Old 07-09-11, 08:10 PM
Santa29
Driver School Candidate

Please let me knopw all that iformation BurntRubbr, that would be great, the GPS lock out. Also anyone know how I can check if my lights are bi-xenon or not?
Old 07-10-11, 08:32 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BurntRubbr
I also know how to disable the GPS lock-out while driving, so that a passenger can enter an address WHILE you are driving!
I just got a 2009 RX 350 and would like to know how to disable the lock out.

I also have an issue with the GPS, the previous owner left their address in the NAV system. So to all existing owners ready to sell their car, erase your information.
Old 07-10-11, 09:23 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
I just got a 2009 RX 350 and would like to know how to disable the lock out.

I also have an issue with the GPS, the previous owner left their address in the NAV system. So to all existing owners ready to sell their car, erase your information.
I blame the dealer as much as the previous owner. Sloppy work on their end.
Old 07-11-11, 03:28 PM
BurntRubbr
Driver School Candidate

Default Disable the lock-out on GPS..simple as pie.

Okay Lexus drivers, hang on to your seats!
After much fishing around in thew driveway while husband was taking a nap..got it all figured.

Turn on the ignition first.
First press your MENU button.
Should bring up a box called "Volume."
If not, then press your INFO button and it will..
Depends on your car model. I think the Lexus RX 330 is "Menu."

When you see that illustrious VOLUME button, press it.
Up at the top of the screen on the left hand is a thangy that looks like a speaker with illustrated 'sounds' coming out if it. (You must do this step TWICE. I repeat, TWICE!)

Press the speaker-thingy on the left top on your screen, THEN press the bottom left of your screen (That's right, there's nothing there--DO IT ANYWAY!) I'm a woman, do it anyway!!!!
You must press the speaker and the bottom left on the screen twice to see OVERRIDE button. There will be a list of buttons. PRESS AND HOLD the override button until you hear a "beep." You may now drive, enter locations and not be bullied into NOT using your GPS.
CAUTION: Dude was killed using his GPS while driving, so let your passenger do this for you if at all possible.
Here's the crapola part---you must do this everytime you start your engines!
Oh well, becomes second nature after awhile. Kinda like sleeping, eating and having...umm..nevermind.
Old 07-17-11, 08:03 PM
BurntRubbr
Driver School Candidate

A small trick. With your remote access key, press your "open door" key two times which will open all doors, then HOLD....watch what happens! LOVE this feature...espeially on a hot day!
Old 07-17-11, 09:03 PM
rx400h1976
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BurntRubbr
Okay Lexus drivers, hang on to your seats!
After much fishing around in thew driveway while husband was taking a nap..got it all figured.

Turn on the ignition first.
First press your MENU button.
Should bring up a box called "Volume."
If not, then press your INFO button and it will..
Depends on your car model. I think the Lexus RX 330 is "Menu."

When you see that illustrious VOLUME button, press it.
Up at the top of the screen on the left hand is a thangy that looks like a speaker with illustrated 'sounds' coming out if it. (You must do this step TWICE. I repeat, TWICE!)

Press the speaker-thingy on the left top on your screen, THEN press the bottom left of your screen (That's right, there's nothing there--DO IT ANYWAY!) I'm a woman, do it anyway!!!!
You must press the speaker and the bottom left on the screen twice to see OVERRIDE button. There will be a list of buttons. PRESS AND HOLD the override button until you hear a "beep." You may now drive, enter locations and not be bullied into NOT using your GPS.
CAUTION: Dude was killed using his GPS while driving, so let your passenger do this for you if at all possible.
Here's the crapola part---you must do this everytime you start your engines!
Oh well, becomes second nature after awhile. Kinda like sleeping, eating and having...umm..nevermind.
AFAIK, this does not work in the 5th generation and up NAV systems.
OP, congrats on the purchase and welcome.
Old 07-18-11, 03:57 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New RX owner

The first thing I did to my 2007 RX350.

Was remove the roof rack and buy the panoramic sunroof spacers.

Installed mesh screen to the open areas in the front grill. To protect the Air Conditioning compressor.

Then running boards and a drivers side wide arm rest.
Old 07-18-11, 05:23 PM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 for the a/c white particles on the dash and vents. If you see these, get to the dealer ASAP. I failed to get mine done before warranty was up. It cools fine, but the white dots are annoying.

The Nav override will not work on 09 Nav.

If you have headlight washers, you have the HID lights. There is also a button to turn AFS on and off. The lights move left and right and up/down as you drive.
Old 07-19-11, 06:42 AM
Santa29
Driver School Candidate

do you have pictures of the panoramic sunroof spacers and how they look like on the car with the roof rack removed? and can you let me know about the a/c white particiles on the dash and vents? what is that and how does that happen? Not sure what white dots you are mentioning, hm........ i seem to have a AFS button, haven't paid attention to the lights moving left and right and up/down will try to notice carefully next time. thanks.
Old 07-19-11, 07:02 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Santa29
do you have pictures of the panoramic sunroof spacers and how they look like on the car with the roof rack removed? and can you let me know about the a/c white particiles on the dash and vents? what is that and how does that happen? Not sure what white dots you are mentioning, hm........ i seem to have a AFS button, haven't paid attention to the lights moving left and right and up/down will try to notice carefully next time. thanks.
I have tiny white particles on the dash and a/c vents that come from some part of the a/c system. They are very noticeable on my black dash. There is posts here about it:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...s-on-dash.html