RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

I'm Stil In Awe of Lexus Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-11, 09:16 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by draco
I have not encountered the "colour" from pants rubbing on to leather or durability issues. Mind you I am in Australia and the RX's here are made in Japan. I'm not sure, but from what else I have read on the forums there seems to be a lot of issues with Lexi that are made in US/Canada than their counterparts direct from Japan.

Regarding the 3rd Gen RX, I just think they look fantastic on the road. As far as presence is concerned, you notice (well I do) when they go by. They have a great look. Although the only thing with the 3rd Gen is that uppercut swelling has reduced a fair bit, but not entirely gone. Just something with a squarer lower front bumper that I love (even on SUV's ). I know they are marketed as a soft-roader, but not a lot of people use them for soft roading IMO.

I was writing about the 2nd gen., of course The 3rd gen. seems a big - well - 'big'. I don't know if it is just the look or actual fact (and the weight - fact - is up substantially, close to 10%). So, unless the 4th gen. is more 'compact', this will be the last RX for me. I hope it lasts ....
Old 08-29-11, 12:28 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pauljcl
I was writing about the 2nd gen., of course The 3rd gen. seems a big - well - 'big'. I don't know if it is just the look or actual fact (and the weight - fact - is up substantially, close to 10%). So, unless the 4th gen. is more 'compact', this will be the last RX for me. I hope it lasts ....
maybe you should check out the Acura neighborhood.
they have the RDX and the MDX
if you want a more compact RX and the RDX might be the right fit for you.

BMW also have the X3 and the X5. We have the X5 so im really not a fan of the X3.
Old 08-29-11, 11:12 AM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by markrivers
maybe you should check out the Acura neighborhood.
they have the RDX and the MDX
if you want a more compact RX and the RDX might be the right fit for you.

BMW also have the X3 and the X5. We have the X5 so im really not a fan of the X3.
TKU. Yes. The Lexus offers such comfort (and reliability) when compared to the others. I have driven all those you mention, along with some others (e.g. Q5), and still prefer the Lexus' comfort. I haven't tried the new X3, nor the X1, nor the Q3 though. Surely, by the time I'm ready to change, there will other choices, and maybe even from Lexus.
Old 08-30-11, 08:49 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I still like the look of the 1st and 2nd gen more than the 3rd. My brother has the 3rd but I still like my 1st gen more. I've been in numerous 2nd gens and I like them better than the 3rd gen too.

I feel that my RX300 can take more abuse than my bro's RX450h. It just feel's like it can handle it. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the RX450h can do, but it doesn't feel right. LOL
Old 09-14-11, 03:26 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my first SUV and I really like my 09 Rx 350.

I think the rear spoiler was a great idea. It seems like every other car maker has added them since the 2nd gen Lexus came out with this. I think that's one of the things that make it a head turner. It's like a race car SUV combined. Sort of like a family car but with a sporty look. I also think the colors Lexus chose are eye poppers. Especially when coming out the car wash on a sunny day.

Although I hate sitting in traffic, this vehicle is very comfortable. I went from a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder so I love the power. Just tap and go, it doesn't feel like I'm lugging something behind me. I like the **** pit style display and everything is either on the steering wheel on right within touch. I think the little things that make the biggest difference with this SUV.

*My only issue so far is that I wish they had a better tray in the front below the console instead of on the floor. I like having tissue for passengers that either blow their nose or if they eat, don't make a mess.