RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 10:27 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ so you have the set up I am looking for. Nice. Yah I would love a rundown on this if you ever have the time.
Old 09-14-11, 11:22 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, I should be able to get to it this weekend... I am also working on a wiring diagram so I can turn on my HID fog lights without turning on the headlights (as the car will not allow you to turn on the fog lights without the headlights)

-Joe
Old 09-17-11, 02:15 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Well I think I am getting these for now maybe. Half the price and even though they are not new and fresh they still keep in like with the OEM look and let me save $$ in not doing a real retrofit. I have spent soooo much $$ on other mods in the past month I think this will do. In real life they look very OEM to daylight. I might or might not use the Halos. Who knows they look kind of cool lol!

I can always sell them as well if I chose at some point to move on to the three eye lol!!
Old 09-22-11, 01:44 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Arrived today. About what I expected. Good OEM looking quality all but for the Angel Halo Eyes. Wishing they were not there but it's all good. Hope I can get them on before Sat. so I can show some before after shots and in between.
Attached Thumbnails Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?-img_2817.jpg  
Old 09-22-11, 09:48 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Those look amazing, can you post pictures of cutoff when you are done installing them? Also let me know if the Up and Down auto level functionality still works. Thanks!!

-Joe
Old 09-22-11, 04:41 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ I think in the end they will look pretty OEM and satisfy my need for allot more light. Trying to get it done Friday.
Old 09-23-11, 07:08 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Originally Posted by infinirx
^^^ I think in the end they will look pretty OEM and satisfy my need for allot more light. Trying to get it done Friday.
Ok sweet (not saying that you don't know how to) but if you have any electrical questions or anything related during install let me know and I can PM my cell phone so you can text me. I have done a few aftermarket headlamp cluster installs in lexus' (not in the RX yet) but if I can be of any help in any way let me know.

Good luck with the install.

-Joe

Last edited by jamodeo; 09-23-11 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling WOW I know English, or at least I'd like to think I do.
Old 09-23-11, 07:31 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Thanks! I think I will prob. let some one else do the install though to save me allot of time and effort lol!
Old 09-23-11, 09:34 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Originally Posted by infinirx
^^ Thanks! I think I will prob. let some one else do the install though to save me allot of time and effort lol!
Ok, I'm sure it can't be too hard! If you are going to have to pay somebody, why not just try it out yourself first? I have done it to my ES and GS and Scion tC (GS was by FAR the hardest) but trust me, it is nice knowing how to take them out and put them back in yourself just in case you ever have to do so again. If someone is going to do it for free though, then by all means, let them do it lol. I hear thieves are pulling them out of RX's in under 90 seconds so it cant be to hard for us.

-Joe
Old 09-23-11, 09:36 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Check out this DIY to help you with the process of removing your headlights if you want to give it a try yourself: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...densation.html

-Joe
Old 09-23-11, 02:23 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For RX, remove front bumper, after that it's just a few screws and undo cables. It's not too bad
Old 09-23-11, 04:20 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

THANKS! Gonna see if I can do it tonight. Wish I could post the comparison pics I have of the oem and these wow. On The iPad atm.
Old 09-23-11, 11:54 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Oh well... the guy did not want to do it today. Had dinner plans. So much for some one making a good $100 in a recession lol! I got some HID's as well

Gotta say it's pretty much the best decision I could have made seeing them now. I am sure the OEM ones were nice and clean like these when the original owner make the pic up. At least so far. Really great quality build. I will take some pics of the back and bottom cause the body has some great parts that hold the OEM Ballast and everything.
Attached Thumbnails Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?-img_0031-4.jpg   Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?-img_0027-1.jpg   Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?-img_0028-2.jpg   Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?-img_0029-3.jpg  
Old 09-24-11, 12:26 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's hope the cutoff line on the aftermarket one is sharp enough, often these aftermarket ones don't have a good cutoff line. Well try these first if you still want to do retrofit, let me know.
Old 09-24-11, 06:55 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Cut off being how far the light travels or the top line that one see's when shining on a wall? I guess we shall see. I am led to beleive that the projectors are much more clear than the OEM so there are allot of possibilities here. I know for a fact the OEM projector glass is not as clear as it could be.

Quick Reply: Daylight headlight HID retrofit question?