RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Best replacement wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 12:53 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got done installing new wiper refills(front & rear), front wipers are superb as always but rear wiper isn't. it keeps streaking on the edges, this happened with last replacement also which was about 2yrs ago. i will probably replace the whole wiper blade next time for the rear, does anyone have picture of rear Trico 14A on their RX? wonder if it is designed like oem(with plastic) to match the actual wiper arm.... if you have Trico rear wiper blade take some photos and post 'em please !!
Old 10-31-11, 05:46 AM
jeff618
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by ac921ol
how often do you guys change your wiperes on the east coast??? Ive never really changed them on a time-line, just when they suck. lol
Midwest...I do them every November. There's nothing worse than being in Wisconsin winters with worn out blades...if its not the snow and ice that gets you, the constant washing of dried salt on the windshield will. I could probably get another 6-12 months out of the neoforms but its simply not worth the risk/experiment/annoyance in winter.

ditto - thats where i order for all of my vehicles every november.

Originally Posted by ac921ol
yeah, i already did that, but iwant to know which ones he got.

also if he has had the icons and if he can compare them both?? well only if they ones he purchased are the neoforms.
Its not exactly clear on who you are actually asking this question to? I switched from icons to neoforms a few years ago. The icons are good but I like the neoforms slightly better and they cost less. At first I thought the teflon coating was marketing BS, but now I do believe it works. They are extremely smooth and quiet compared to other wipers my friends use, etc.
Old 10-31-11, 12:03 PM
DN328
Driver School Candidate

Hi All...I'm an occasstional lurker, and want to say thanks to all on this topic. I like to think I'm fairly safe with this stuff, but realized this last weekend the wipers on my wife's 350 is in POOR shape and I will be replacing today! I always remind her to remind me...but you know how that goes....

So my brother-in-law with all good intensions threw out the front OEM wiper blades when he was replacing her wipers awhile back (at his auto shop). I was quite annoyed as you know the stock wiper arm is not cheap (I think it was at least $100+ for the fronts). So...replacing the inserts as I use to is not an option, unless I want to go back to the OEM assembly. There may be an arguement for taking the hit up front, and replacing with inserts there on after? I recently replaced the rear insert a few months back, and it was a bit tricky at first.

Anyhow...if I don't go back OEM, I will look into the Icons - sounds like folks are happy with it...even for the price.
Old 11-07-11, 06:52 AM
jeff618
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by DN328
Hi All...I'm an occasstional lurker, and want to say thanks to all on this topic. I like to think I'm fairly safe with this stuff, but realized this last weekend the wipers on my wife's 350 is in POOR shape and I will be replacing today! I always remind her to remind me...but you know how that goes....

So my brother-in-law with all good intensions threw out the front OEM wiper blades when he was replacing her wipers awhile back (at his auto shop). I was quite annoyed as you know the stock wiper arm is not cheap (I think it was at least $100+ for the fronts). So...replacing the inserts as I use to is not an option, unless I want to go back to the OEM assembly. There may be an arguement for taking the hit up front, and replacing with inserts there on after? I recently replaced the rear insert a few months back, and it was a bit tricky at first.

Anyhow...if I don't go back OEM, I will look into the Icons - sounds like folks are happy with it...even for the price.
I'd take a look at the neoforms and you'll never be upset about your frames being tossed. Don't lose sleep...give the neoforms a try.
Old 02-16-12, 09:58 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just replaced my rear wiper assembly from the 14-A to the 16-A, big difference and they fit just right.

Right after I got the 16-A, I saw an 18-A rear blade assembly in Pep Boys, was thinking about trying it, but after close examination of the 16-A assembly, it's the perfect fit because the 18-A would of hit the top of the spoiler.
Old 02-17-12, 06:49 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=mandyfig;6766233]I recommend the Bosch Icon. Great design, almost looks like OEM. Performance is good. Both Lexus are sporting them.[/QUOTE]

+1 ^^^^ thats what I`m using too. Really like them. OOPS! Kinda over did the font size....Sorry.
Old 02-21-12, 03:45 PM
R3Wood
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use OEM on the RX330. I also use OEM on my Audi A6. I found that these hold better at high speeds.
Old 02-28-12, 07:19 AM
jeff618
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Originally Posted by R3Wood
I use OEM on the RX330. I also use OEM on my Audi A6. I found that these hold better at high speeds.
Yes, the neoforms stay down on the glass well too. Those airfoils don't look like much but they are engineered perfectly to increase contact. You can kind of see a cross section of it here: https://www.wipers123.com/NeoForm.php
Old 04-02-18, 07:07 AM
AlphaDog17
Driver School Candidate

The Bosch Icons seem to hold up the best from what we have seen. We live up in Northern Wisconsin, and Bosch seems to make the best windshield wipers we've tried. They're definitely kind of pricy, but you pretty much earn your money back with how much longer they last.
Old 04-02-18, 07:15 AM
tfischer

Received 217 Likes on 161 Posts

I agree with the above post, which echoes my experience and opinion exactly. My last set lasted for about two years, which is a little longer than usual, but it didn't rain much.
Old 04-02-18, 12:16 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Bosch Icons, I have been using these since 2006, when I bought my 1st Lexus. Have not used anything else for my Lexus cars.
Old 04-30-20, 07:01 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

IK its a old thread.......Anyone use or tried the Costco Michelin wiper blades?
Old 05-03-20, 10:16 AM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix
IK its a old thread.......Anyone use or tried the Costco Michelin wiper blades?
I do. It works the best for its price
Old 05-03-20, 10:44 AM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

I ended up going w/ the Bosch Focus blades.......
Old 05-03-20, 05:31 PM
tfischer

Received 217 Likes on 161 Posts

I think Bosch Icon is often considered the best available. It surely costs more than a Michelin blade sold at Costco, but mine have lasted years instead of months, which means that in the long run, the more expensive and well constructed blade could well be the least expensive.

Quick Reply: Best replacement wiper blades?