RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

things if adjusted then cool for rx owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 09:47 AM
juaid86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default things if adjusted then cool for rx owners!!!!

Hi im ahmed from saudi arabia, a new owner of a used RX 2006, and its super and great car, BUT couple of things im woundering if there is a way to adjust then it would be awsome...
1- how to update the map?, i dont want to relay on the stars for once
2- how to disable the anti drifting slipry feature of the car because that would help alot in the desert, u know going crazy on the sands,,, surfing if u may...
3- is there a way to reach the system and manipulate it add backgrounds,,, install a new programm for the screen to be more clear? Im interested in programming and i know C C++ langauges so i want to try what i learned on the car's system
Thats all, as u guys see im foucsing on the car system so in general if any info about that it would be great, also general helpful advice and tips would be nice. Pardon my misspells and thanks for reading
Old 04-30-12, 02:04 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by juaid86
Hi im ahmed from saudi arabia, a new owner of a used RX 2006, and its super and great car, BUT couple of things im woundering if there is a way to adjust then it would be awsome...
1- how to update the map?, i dont want to relay on the stars for once
2- how to disable the anti drifting slipry feature of the car because that would help alot in the desert, u know going crazy on the sands,,, surfing if u may...
3- is there a way to reach the system and manipulate it add backgrounds,,, install a new programm for the screen to be more clear? Im interested in programming and i know C C++ langauges so i want to try what i learned on the car's system
Thats all, as u guys see im foucsing on the car system so in general if any info about that it would be great, also general helpful advice and tips would be nice. Pardon my misspells and thanks for reading
Welcome to Club Lexus.

If you use the search features of the forum you will find a number of the questions you have will have been answered already for the most part. Perhaps some differences due to your location.

1. The map update is just a DVD. You will need to get an updated DVD for your region. Then, just eject the old disc and insert the new one. Does not require any dealer involvement.

2. The nanny systems cannot be bypassed or disabled. Sorry.

3. Sorry, no. Proprietary Toyota/Lexus stuff. If you are looking for stuff like that you might want to check into some of the stuff user Carver, just search for him and you will see at the bottom of each of his posts the mods list, installed into his RX. Or, get a tablet and appropriate mount and use that for your GPS, etc needs that you can also program and update as you wish.

Take some time to check out the other forums here at Club Lexus. You might find other topics which will be of help regarding future mods or maintenance you may need.