RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-07-15, 01:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

RX330 key fob not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 09:48 PM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RX330 key fob not working properly

Hey guys im having a problem with my remote. i tried looking up on the internet to see if anybody had any relating problems but none what so ever. well it happened yesterday when i got home from work i as soon as i parked close the door right before i tried to lock it, it starts unlocking its self and rolling all the windows down. i was freaking it out beacause i would try and lock it woudnt lock then couple seconds later it lock and unlocks rolling down windows again. i thought it was battery but i changed it nothing happened. sometimes the red remote light blinks here and there but nothing its like as if the signals lag trying to unlock and lock the car. anybody else had these problems? if so please tell me how you fixed it. alright thanks for reading guys.

UPDATE!!
when i would switch the battery and put a new one in it would unlock its self and roll down windows. i have another master which im picking up from my mom house since im at friends house. that key by chance give me problems also would it?

thanks again guys

Last edited by illestRX; 05-31-12 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-31-12, 08:14 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Try disconnecting your Neg. Battery cable for a while. This helps with odd things such as this sometimes.
Old 05-31-12, 09:25 AM
mandyfig
Forum Moderator

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Seems that the Key FOB is sending signals by itself, like short circuit...
Old 05-31-12, 10:28 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Yeah it doess seem that way doesnt it?
Old 05-31-12, 10:52 AM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexus114
Try disconnecting your Neg. Battery cable for a while. This helps with odd things such as this sometimes.

will do. thanks for the info!
Old 05-31-12, 10:53 AM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig

its the key thats doing this not the car right? cause i can lock the car from the door and everything locks. the actuators in the car are strong when i lock it from the inside
Old 05-31-12, 10:54 AM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

i appreciate the help guys thanks alot!!!!!!
Old 05-31-12, 12:12 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

you might have a sticky unlock button that constantly sends signal to the car to unlock and roll windows down....
Old 05-31-12, 01:26 PM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
you might have a sticky unlock button that constantly sends signal to the car to unlock and roll windows down....
THIS!!! I was thinking the same thing. If you are not aware about the functions on the key fob, if you are to hold the unlock button, it will lower your windows down as well. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-31-12, 03:06 PM
cartman57
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRawkus
THIS!!! I was thinking the same thing. If you are not aware about the functions on the key fob, if you are to hold the unlock button, it will lower your windows down as well. Let us know how it goes.
Probably the issue, take the remote apart and clean it, dirt and dust builds up inside.
(don't lose the little screw, plastic baggie helps)
Old 05-31-12, 10:38 PM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

Default update

Originally Posted by cartman57
Probably the issue, take the remote apart and clean it, dirt and dust builds up inside.
(don't lose the little screw, plastic baggie helps)
again i appreciate you guys helping me no joke! i really do appreciate it thank you.

okay sorry just got off work guys.. well i went to my moms house and got the other master key. before i got or near the car i took out the battery out of the remote that was not working right just incase it messes up the other key by any chance. so after i got near the car it worked absolutely fine. it locks and unlocks fine.

***but now i ran into another problem the driver window would roll down but not automatically then the other windows wont roll down from driver side switch you have roll it down from the side that you are on it cant roll the other windows down from the master window switch. well later on as i was driving home the driver window actually started to be normal by it rolling down auto or not instead on holding the switch down. as i was looking at the passenger side window switch i notice the light on the switch has like a green blinking fade away going on, i would roll down the passenger side window but i would have to hold it down like how i did the driver but the driver side it normal.
sorry guys for the long paragraph but im just trying to be very detailed on what was happening.
**yes i did take apart the other key and cleaned it real well but nothing.
also tried taking off the negative terminal nothing.

thanks for reading guys. again i appreciate you guys helping me out

Last edited by illestRX; 05-31-12 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-31-12, 11:08 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by illestRX
again i appreciate you guys helping me no joke! i really do appreciate it thank you.

okay sorry just got off work guys.. well i went to my moms house and got the other master key. before i got or near the car i took out the battery out of the remote that was not working right just incase it messes up the other key by any chance. so after i got near the car it worked absolutely fine. it locks and unlocks fine.

***but now i ran into another problem the driver window would roll down but not automatically then the other windows wont roll down from driver side switch you have roll it down from the side that you are on it cant roll the other windows down from the master window switch. well later on as i was driving home the driver window actually started to be normal by it rolling down auto or not instead on holding the switch down. as i was looking at the passenger side window switch i notice the light on the switch has like a green blinking fade away going on, i would roll down the passenger side window but i would have to hold it down like how i did the driver but the driver side it normal.
sorry guys for the long paragraph but im just trying to be very detailed on what was happening.

Did you disconnect the negative terminal of the car's battery at any point along the way? If so, you need to reinitialize each of the windows as well as the sunroof. Is discussed in the Owner's Manual as well as many times here in the forum.
Old 05-31-12, 11:21 PM
illestRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Did you disconnect the negative terminal of the car's battery at any point along the way? If so, you need to reinitialize each of the windows as well as the sunroof. Is discussed in the Owner's Manual as well as many times here in the forum.

yes i have disconnected the negative terminal for like 15 minutes and yes the sunroof dont work also! thank you for the help!!
Old 06-01-12, 12:11 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

yes i have disconnected the negative terminal for like 15 minutes and yes the sunroof dont work also! thank you for the help!!
From the Owner's Manual:

If the battery is disconnected or run down

The following functions may not operate correctly and the jam protection function will not function correctly when you reconnect or replace the battery. In these cases, you should do the each instructions referring on the following pages.

• Power back door (See page 42.)
• Power windows (See page 65.)
• Moon roof (See page 131 or 134.)
Old 06-01-12, 09:00 AM
NoRawkus
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy and quick fix for this. You will just need to reprogram the auto feature.

First be sure you have the key turned to the ON position. Starting with the driver side window, lower it at least halfway down and then bring it back up. Holding it for about 2 seconds after it has closed. Release and test to make sure the auto is now working for that window. Now go to each door and do this to all the windows. You can than go back to the driver side door and confirm you have control of the other windows. Usually once the auto is working for the window your programming, the control on the driver side is working now too.

Now the sunroof one is a little more tricky. Using the tilt button, hold it until the sunroof opens all the way and then closes all way. I tend to hold it a little longer cause sometimes it doesnt program. Once you feel you've held it enough, check to see if the auto tilt and open/close works. Your all set.

Quick Reply: RX330 key fob not working properly