RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

rx350 cd player error code 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-12, 10:23 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rx350 cd player error code 1

hi,

A friend of mine having issue with his cd player on 08 rx350... the player would not play on any slot of is cd changer.. the player has code error 1.. Does anyone have this problem?

-- The dealer want $800 for new cd player.. he thinking getting an iPod adapter but his car doesn't have aux.. What kit should I suggest him to get?

thanks
Old 08-27-12, 11:29 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2genIS
hi,

A friend of mine having issue with his cd player on 08 rx350... the player would not play on any slot of is cd changer.. the player has code error 1.. Does anyone have this problem?

-- The dealer want $800 for new cd player.. he thinking getting an iPod adapter but his car doesn't have aux.. What kit should I suggest him to get?

thanks
Some information we can infer from your post, however, there are many questions. Not being your RX you may need to work through the problem with your friend.

Does allow you to insert CDs? In any of the slots? Can you eject any and all CDs? Do all slots give the same Error Code 1? Try skipping slots and attempt other slots if possible. Is this a store bought music CD or a computer ripped burned image CD? Have you tried other CDs? Be sure to try original music CDs during this testing. Everything else with the stereo working as it should?

This is way out in left field, however, when the battery starts getting weak all sorts of weird things start happening. Likely not to be their problem, however, something to keep in mind to check.

The more information you provide the better we might be able to come up with some more solid suggestions. In the meantime:

As needed, they may want see about sending it off to have the original repaired. Plenty of discussions on this topic. Just search.

http://***********.com/automotive/

While it is out you can consider purchasing one of the VAIS or similar products to give you iPod functionality. Just search the forums on the many, many threads on this topic. Such as:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-04-07-rx.html

Or, like Carver and many others are doing, replace the whole thing with a double-din setup.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...a-dnx6960.html
Old 08-28-12, 03:29 PM
xconcepts
Driver School Candidate

If you want to keep the factory deck I have one from my wifes 08 RX350 that we are selling. PM me and we can hash out the details if you're interested.
Old 08-28-12, 08:09 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Some information we can infer from your post, however, there are many questions. Not being your RX you may need to work through the problem with your friend.

Does allow you to insert CDs? In any of the slots? Can you eject any and all CDs? Do all slots give the same Error Code 1? Try skipping slots and attempt other slots if possible. Is this a store bought music CD or a computer ripped burned image CD? Have you tried other CDs? Be sure to try original music CDs during this testing. Everything else with the stereo working as it should?

This is way out in left field, however, when the battery starts getting weak all sorts of weird things start happening. Likely not to be their problem, however, something to keep in mind to check.

The more information you provide the better we might be able to come up with some more solid suggestions. In the meantime:

As needed, they may want see about sending it off to have the original repaired. Plenty of discussions on this topic. Just search.

http://***********.com/automotive/

While it is out you can consider purchasing one of the VAIS or similar products to give you iPod functionality. Just search the forums on the many, many threads on this topic. Such as:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-04-07-rx.html

Or, like Carver and many others are doing, replace the whole thing with a double-din setup.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...a-dnx6960.html
I tried different brand of cd and also original and burn.. all have code error 1.. We also try to play different slot but still get the error code.. The Cd kept on spinning but it wouldnt read at all..

I did a search on the forum and I suggested her either send to *********** or get a vais kit.. so pretty much up to her now..

oh.. has anyone bought this kit??

http://www.gtacarkits.com/lexus_rx_2...09_car_kit.php
Old 08-28-12, 08:19 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Toyota uses the same CD player. I found this info on another Lexus Forum:

Error 1 - "disc is dirty, damaged, or is inserted upside down"

Error 2 - "no disc inserted"

Error 3 - "trouble inside the system"

Error 4 - "over-current. Ask any authorized dealer to inspect"
Old 08-28-12, 08:39 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainbird
Toyota uses the same CD player. I found this info on another Lexus Forum:

If not the disc, perhaps a dirty optic? Could just need a cleaning. Still, have pumped a number of discs through the player in my RX over the years, some of them quite ragged, and never had a problem with the unit itself through all its abuse. Was always the disc with a scratch, etc. Am thinking this particular CD player has perhaps seen better days.
Old 08-28-12, 09:02 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Rainbird;7452226]Toyota uses the same CD player. I found this info on another Lexus Forum:

Wow... this can't be right.. hahaha..

thanks for the info...