RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

08 RX 350 No Power Windows & Driver Door Controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 02:53 PM
Rawkis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 RX 350 No Power Windows & Driver Door Controls

Hi Guys, just picked up our first Lexus, an 08 RX 350 with 140 km on it and while we love the car, have run into a problem with the power windows and driver's door controls.

None of the power windows in the car work, either from the driver's door or from any other door.

The central locking on the driver's door does not work, but does work from the passenger's door and from the key.

The Memory Seat controls on the driver's door do not work. The controls on the seat itself work fine.

The side mirror controls work fine.

Yes, the battery did get low just before all this happened but we can't do the window reset procedure because none of the other windows work.

I've tested all fuses and they are all fine.

I am suspecting it's some controller or wiring in the door.

Any advice or direction for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

And thanks also for all the great info I have already gleaned from this Forum!
Old 03-08-14, 04:38 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus Rawkis. It might be a defective battery. Have you had it tested under load?
Old 03-08-14, 07:36 PM
Libertylvr
Driver School Candidate

Funny story that may help you. My battery was replaced and drivers panel for windows would not work. After I sat in back and operated the windows with ignition on, the panel on drivers side suddenly worked. I tried all three other windows from their seat and voila! Try it -it's almost as if I reset the drivers panel by doing this.
Old 03-08-14, 07:42 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Libertylvr
Funny story that may help you. My battery was replaced and drivers panel for windows would not work. After I sat in back and operated the windows with ignition on, the panel on drivers side suddenly worked. I tried all three other windows from their seat and voila! Try it -it's almost as if I reset the drivers panel by doing this.
Actually, that is the standard reset procedure as discussed in the Owner's Manual for the windows after the battery has been changed.

If the battery is disconnected or run down
The power window may not operate automatically and the jam protection function will not function correctly after you reconnect, replace or recharge the battery. At this time, the indicator lights of the switches will flash. In any of these cases, you should normalize the power window on each door.
To normalize the power windows:
1. Push down the power window switch of each door and lower the windows halfway.
2. Pull up the switch until the windows close and hold the switch for a second.
Make sure that the windows open and close automatically. If the power windows cannot be operated properly, have it checked by your Lexus dealer.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...004rx33/12.pdf

There is also a procedure for the sunroof.
Old 03-09-14, 05:20 AM
Rawkis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Actually, that is the standard reset procedure as discussed in the Owner's Manual for the windows after the battery has been changed.
Thanks for the reset info RX330inFL and Libertylvr but the problem is that none of the other windows work so I can't perform a reset.

I wondered if the cause was because the window lockout switch was on when the battery went low but I tried disconnecting the battery for a while with the window lockout switch off and it did not help.

Thanks for the advice on checking the battery Rainbird, I will test it today.
Old 03-09-14, 04:47 PM
Rawkis
Driver School Candidate

Okay, did a quick test today by swapping battery with a brand new battery and unfortunately it did not correct the issue.

I did leave the battery off for about 20 minutes before installing the new battery.

I also did a test to see if the windows would open holding the unlock button on the remote key. They didn't open. But I also never tested whether this worked before this window problem arose.

Any other ideas would be appreciated before I resort to the Dealer to troubleshoot.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-14, 05:05 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You might check (or recheck) fuse #34.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_04_03.pdf

Also, check to see if any other systems are affected such as door locks, side mirrors, etc.
Old 03-16-14, 10:43 AM
Rawkis
Driver School Candidate

Finally got time to resolve this today.

Decided to take the door panel off to investigate a loose connection and when I popped out the main control on the driver's door I found the plug was loose.

Clicked it back in and everything works perfectly.

30 second fix, should have checked it first.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Old 04-19-15, 11:50 AM
RickBois
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rawkis
Finally got time to resolve this today.

Decided to take the door panel off to investigate a loose connection and when I popped out the main control on the driver's door I found the plug was loose.

Clicked it back in and everything works perfectly.

30 second fix, should have checked it first.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Realize this is an old post but I am so thankful to have found it. My wife's 08 RX350 was doing the exact same thing:

- No seat memory
- No power windows from any door switch

A gentle prying up of the driver door switch assembly revealed a "loose" not locked connector. Wifey will be happy... Happy wife, happy life. Thanks to Rawkis for following thru with the fix.