RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

CD Player Error 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-17, 03:20 PM
Tigger064
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Gave up on FIXING MULTI CHANGER

sAll my research about multi CD Changers in ANY car says they are at best unreliable overall. I replaced the changer in my 2005 RX330 and 3 years later hit quit completely. The instruction on unloading a broken changer worked for me

BUT after checking into replacements a third time, I decided it was more cost effective to go to aftermarket and upgrade my system with a new radio with XM capability, single CD player, I-pod capability, USB port, AUX port and back up camera. All this for about the same as getting my Multi changer repaired.

Lets hope this lasts as long as I have the car
Old 10-01-17, 04:14 PM
05RX330AWD
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bmillham
Thank you for the SHIP mode tip. That seems to have fixed the problem on my 04 RX330. Now to burn a compilation CD BTW, does the standard system support MP3 on CD?
Actually I burn some CDs for the RX, although MP3 Files need to be converted to WAV Files in order to play....
the WAV Files will be on average 45- 50 MBs therefore usually around 14-15 songs per music CD.
Old 04-11-18, 10:34 AM
JessicaHT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jakenbake
I unplugged the battery and that didn't work so I started to take the stereo out of the dash to take it apart. Before I unplugged the harnesses from the back, I noticed the label that tells you how to put the stereo in "shipping mode". With the car off, hold down "seek up" and "disc" at the same time. Continue to hold the buttons and turn the car to "ACC" mode. This immediately ejected the CDs and the word " SHIP" displayed on the screen. I pressed "LOAD" and that took it out of shipping mode and everything is working like normal.

Thanks! It worked perfectly !
Old 12-19-18, 09:50 AM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 219 Likes on 187 Posts
Unhappy

... With the car off, hold down "seek up" and "disc" at the same time. Continue to hold the buttons and turn the car to "ACC" mode. This immediately ejected the CDs and the word " SHIP" displayed on the screen. ...
It doesn't work in my 2006 RX400h

Last edited by iMSQ; 12-19-18 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-31-19, 02:17 AM
jharry304
Driver School Candidate

CD Changer in RX330 Lexus 2005 shows error 4

I HAVE TRIED THE INSTRUCTION YOU GAVE ON YOUR POST IS NOT WORKING SO I WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE THERE IS SPECIFIC TIME LIMIT I NEED TO HOLD THE BUTTONS BEFORE THE SHIP MODE WILL COME UP OR SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE ADVISE THANK YOU .
Old 03-31-19, 02:18 AM
jharry304
Driver School Candidate

I unplugged the battery and that didn't work so I started to take the stereo out of the dash to take it apart. Before I unplugged the harnesses from the back, I noticed the label that tells you how to put the stereo in "shipping mode". With the car off, hold down "seek up" and "disc" at the same time. Continue to hold the buttons and turn the car to "ACC" mode. This immediately ejected the CDs and the word " SHIP" displayed on the screen. I pressed "LOAD" and that took it out of shipping mode and everything is working like normal.

MY CD Changer in RX330 Lexus 2005 shows error 4

I HAVE TRIED THE INSTRUCTION YOU GAVE ON YOUR POST IS NOT WORKING SO I WAS WONDERING IF MAYBE THERE IS SPECIFIC TIME LIMIT I NEED TO HOLD THE BUTTONS BEFORE THE SHIP MODE WILL COME UP OR SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE ADVISE THANK YOU .
Old 09-11-21, 11:27 AM
FarrLady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cd stuck

Originally Posted by Bongos
Confirmed!!! This worked in my 2007 RX350.. THANK YOU!!!
This technique has worked for my 2007 RX350 as well and I’ve had it since January 2021. The first time it happened I didn’t know what was going on second time I got pissed, third time I stayed broke so long til I forgot about it. All three times it started back working on its own. I didn’t do anything. THIS LAST TIME IT GOT STUCK which was today I was fed up at this point. So I went to the internet typed in what I saw on the screen this forum popped up strolled down saw the quick fix instructions and BAM PROBLEM SOLVED! Only one CD was stuck so now I know how to fix my ERROR 4 problem!!!

thanks smart guy!!!
Again
jnstructions are (Make sure truck is OFF)
1: HOLD SEEK UP AND DISC AT THE SAME TIME
2. TURN ON SWITCH AND HIT EJECT
THIS SHOULD BRING ALL CDS OUT
IF NOT IM SORRY BUT YOURS JUST MAYBE BROKEN
The following users liked this post:
SJM (07-31-23)
Old 07-28-23, 10:16 AM
iceman0347
5th Gear

03 GX470 seekup and disc didn't work for me. After playing... seek down and disc didn't display Shipping, but it did eject a disc and allowed me to eject the rest
Old 07-29-23, 06:04 AM
RajK
1st Gear

I had the same issue and it would work temporarily. A funny thing happen. My driver visor was lose and was driving me crazy. Also my right rear window was not opening. I replaced my driver and passenger visor as they came in a set. At first I didn't notice it but I was switching between CDs and skipping tracks and all of a sudden my rear right window now also opens.
I guess all three were on the circuit.
Old 11-03-23, 05:43 AM
Strlsn
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Won't start after fixing stuck CDs..

Edit!
Nov.3'23
Please HELP!
After doing this hack early this morning, my alarm went off abt an hour later. Battery was obvi dying bc it was very slow and quiet. Car wouldn't start. Which has happened before, tbh and is annoying!
Just tried starting it again and DEF won't start. Says to put it in PARK (it is) and CHECK VSC (?).. Won't turn to READY.
What kind of hack do I need NOW? I've had it for 2y, has approx 124k miles, and have had so many tech issues w it not starting or being locked out.
The regular battery is prob temp "dead" I'm assuming, I have a portable charger, but ofcrse now it's pouring rain.

9 Years after your post and this saved my sanity today.. Thank you! It worked on my '06 RX400h!

Last edited by Strlsn; 11-03-23 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Car won't start after doing this hack!
Old 11-04-23, 07:52 PM
XRX
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Strlsn
Edit!
Nov.3'23
Please HELP!
After doing this hack early this morning, my alarm went off abt an hour later. Battery was obvi dying bc it was very slow and quiet. Car wouldn't start. Which has happened before, tbh and is annoying!
Just tried starting it again and DEF won't start. Says to put it in PARK (it is) and CHECK VSC (?).. Won't turn to READY.
...!
Install new 12v battery.
PS: Don't forget to reset windows and moonroof.
Old 11-04-23, 08:13 PM
Strlsn
Driver School Candidate

Just charged the 12v and went for an hour drive. Didn't affect the windows or stereo settings. 💁‍♀️

Originally Posted by XRX
Install new 12v battery.
PS: Don't forget to reset windows and moonroof.
Old 11-04-23, 08:23 PM
XRX
Pit Crew

Just charged the 12v and went for an hour drive. Didn't affect the windows or stereo settings. 💁‍♀️
Does auto mode work from driver's door panel for all 4 windows?
Old 11-05-23, 04:44 AM
Strlsn
Driver School Candidate

Yes? 🤔 Why do you ask?

Originally Posted by XRX
Does auto mode work from driver's door panel for all 4 windows?
Old 11-05-23, 10:09 PM
XRX
Pit Crew

Yes? 🤔 Why do you ask?
If 12v battery was disconnected, then
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post11028448

PS: oops
Just charged the 12v ...
I've read it as "changed". sorry...

Last edited by XRX; 11-05-23 at 10:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Strlsn (11-06-23)

Quick Reply: CD Player Error 4