RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 06:44 PM
Cathyclare
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck! My dash has cracked the full length of the dashboard! I addressed this with Lexus last year-was told issue was being resolved. This year I received Lexus letter stating I would be notified when replacement dash arrives in dealership. PROBLEM- there are 1.8 MILLION cars on this list!!!!!! I am original owner of rx330 2004 with 40,360 miles & want to sell it & buy new car. My car has a diminished value of $1000-$2000 per carmax today. (Dash costs $2000) --- how fast do you think Lexus IS going to replace 1.8 million dashboards & absorb the cost???????? Doubt I will live long enough?!
Old 12-08-15, 02:44 AM
RuninRoach
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

my lexus has told me that this is US only (maybe canada too as its lexus NA), and no such thing is available here....and i have nobody to write to abut it as the lexus customer service belongs to the owners of the lexus dealerships.
Old 12-10-15, 04:37 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys
So my dealer replaced the dash on my rx330,they scratched badly the little screen on the front of the dash under the windshield,,,,do you know a way to fix it like paint thanks
Old 12-10-15, 09:44 AM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shikbas
Hi guys
So my dealer replaced the dash on my rx330,they scratched badly the little screen on the front of the dash under the windshield,,,,do you know a way to fix it like paint thanks
The dealer should be able to order that part and replace it for you.
Old 12-16-15, 05:07 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Contacted my local Lexus dealership as I was put on the 'list' a few months ago. Was now advised that it could be months as they are only getting a few dashes a week...
Old 12-30-15, 03:27 AM
nwfsnake
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We went by the Lexus dealer yesterday to have our dash evaluated. The service manager put us on the list for a new dash, but said it could be August (9 months) before we get it replaced. At least we are approved for a new dash, guess we can wait a little.
Old 01-05-16, 05:31 AM
joyinfl
Driver School Candidate

Angry selling car and Carmax deducting 1000 for dashboard

We have decided to sell our Lexus x330 and I spoke with Lexus yesterday. They have no idea when they will have the new dashboards in stock so what am I supposed to do. They will do nothing. So as a Sr citizen we are supposed to lose out $1000. Unacceptable any ideas would be appreciated will never buy another Lexus or Toyota again.
Old 01-05-16, 10:20 AM
bojaks
Driver School Candidate

There's something very sad (and costly) when a company produces cars with a serious defect. It makes it that much worse when they issue an extended warranty which they have been unable to honor. The extended warranty may have been good PR for them, but it is a disservice to the owners of these vehicles. At the very least, Lexus should send an honest update as to when customers will receive a replacement. I hope this isn't a case of Lexus hoping that the long delay will result in the problem disappearing on its own.
Old 01-05-16, 11:32 AM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joyinfl
We have decided to sell our Lexus x330 and I spoke with Lexus yesterday. They have no idea when they will have the new dashboards in stock so what am I supposed to do. They will do nothing. So as a Sr citizen we are supposed to lose out $1000. Unacceptable any ideas would be appreciated will never buy another Lexus or Toyota again.
Why did they deduct $1000 for a problem that will be handled by the extended replacement warranty?
Old 01-09-16, 08:00 AM
LuckyPants
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Visited my local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Peoria) early last week to see about the dash replacement for my 04 RX330. After evaluating it they said it would be covered under the extended warranty and they would immediately order the replacement. They couldn't say for sure how long it would be until the replacement dash was in but didn't think it would be more than a week or two. A week later they called to let me know the replacement was in. I could drop the RX off that day, pick up a loaner (ES350), and they would do the work the next.

After picking it up there was a horrible buzz where the dash meets the windshield, so I went right back to the dealership. They suggested I leave it there to be worked on the next day, put me another loaner (RX350), and fixed the problem the next morning. Picked it up at noon the next day, and everything looks (and sounds) great!

Took an extra day for the work, but I'm not complaining -- I have a new dash, they were quick and very courteous, and I got to test drive two newer Lexus's for a couple of days.
Old 01-09-16, 10:41 AM
RX3302004
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LuckyPants
Visited my local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Peoria) early last week to see about the dash replacement for my 04 RX330. After evaluating it they said it would be covered under the extended warranty and they would immediately order the replacement. They couldn't say for sure how long it would be until the replacement dash was in but didn't think it would be more than a week or two. A week later they called to let me know the replacement was in. I could drop the RX off that day, pick up a loaner (ES350), and they would do the work the next.

After picking it up there was a horrible buzz where the dash meets the windshield, so I went right back to the dealership. They suggested I leave it there to be worked on the next day, put me another loaner (RX350), and fixed the problem the next morning. Picked it up at noon the next day, and everything looks (and sounds) great!

Took an extra day for the work, but I'm not complaining -- I have a new dash, they were quick and very courteous, and I got to test drive two newer Lexus's for a couple of days.
Very quick turnaround time if you weren't already on a list months ago. I didn't get a loaner as I don't have my car serviced at the Lexus dealer. I use our Toyota dealer instead, much cheaper. Lexus told me I got a rental because of that. No worries but thought I'd share.
Old 01-09-16, 03:11 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by LuckyPants

Out of curiosity, did you already have a letter from Lexus stating they would repair the dash?
Old 01-09-16, 03:27 PM
LuckyPants
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
Out of curiosity, did you already have a letter from Lexus stating they would repair the dash?
I received the original letter from Lexus Corporate when the information about the extension first came out maybe a year ago, but it said there would be a follow-up letter once they started allowing dealerships to do the work, which I never received. I found the original letter over the holidays and just walked into the dealership to ask about it. A week later they had my dash ready to install.
Old 01-26-16, 05:30 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After a long, long wait of 11 months the replacement dash for my Lexie has arrived.

Earlier today I received a call from my local Lexus dealer to inform me that the special order dash board has arrived and to schedule the service appointment. The service appointment is this Thursday, I am going to update this thread when the car is ready.
Old 01-28-16, 08:28 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Just called the dealership. Still no ETA on when my dash may arrive. Anyone know if certain parts of the country is receiving theirs first, or how to check when mine may come in? The dealership had no idea.

Quick Reply: Melting dash or door panels on your RX?? No problem Lexus is replacing it!!