RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

?? for 330 owners ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03 | 06:26 AM
Jennifer
Driver School Candidate

Default ?? for 330 owners ...

A few questions for those of you lucky enough to have your 330s...

1) Is the black interior really black or is it a dark gray? It looks different in the various photos I have seen.

2) Is the leather totally smooth or is there texture to it or a mix?

3) With the rear entertainment system, can the driver turn it on/off? What about changing the dvd? (my oldest is 2 y.o.)

4) Has anyone installed car seats? How do they fit, etc? How is the roominess of the back seat?

5) I have read about people complaining about the rear visibility being blocked by a pillar making it near impossible for driver to back up safely, etc. I am on wait list for 330 & such complaints make me nervous ... I would love to hear what your experience has been.

Any other thoughts/experiences/photos would be appreciated too!!
Old 03-28-03 | 08:26 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Default Re: ?? for 330 owners ...

Originally posted by Jennifer
5) I have read about people complaining about the rear visibility being blocked by a pillar making it near impossible for driver to back up safely, etc. I am on wait list for 330 & such complaints make me nervous ... I would love to hear what your experience has been.
I've test driven the 330 and there is definetly a bad blind spot in the side rear. I drove a non-nav (which mean no rear camera) and it was a challege to back into a parking spot. The side view mirrors are very good though, so you can use them (and the rear camera if available) to back up or look in another lane for merging or switching lanes. My normal style when reversing is to look back, so it will require an driving adjustment for me if I get a 330.

John
Old 03-28-03 | 09:42 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Default Hmm

i don't own one, but I spent a lot of time in one yesterday as I waited for the brakes to be changed on the LX, they ran out of loaner cars!!! Anyways, backseat seems roomy enough as long as you have the center console pushed forward. When it's pushed back, there's no middle rear seat legroom. Leather seemed pretty smooth, just like other Lexus models. Definitely not a suede-type combo. I want to say the interior was black, I'll try to look it up in my brochure I got tonight when I get home.
I don't think the driver has direct control over the RSES, I could be wrong though. There is a remote that comes with it. The unit is like the one in the Toyota Sienna minivan I believe. The screen and DVD player are one entire unit, attached to the ceiling.
Rear pillar affects some of rear angle viewing, but not too much from what I could see, again, mirrors are great.
Old 03-28-03 | 10:23 AM
CDN_Lexus
Pole Position

Hi Jennifer,

The leather is gathered in the seat centre. The black leather is black, but it is not a glossy black (sameleather as ES300 and LS430). The RSES, as posted above, is head-liner mounted. The DVD is loaded towards the front of the vehicle, as are all of the controls pointed in that direction. If you stop the vehicle and reach back you can access the controls. The DVD also plays on the nav screen when the vehicle has the parking break applied (this is great for when you have the children in the vehicle and you are waiting to pick someone up). As posted above the mirrors are great and if position properly rearward visability is good. Car seats install quite easily as well. The vehicle has achors on the rear seat back and it also has LATCH attachment anchors as well. Seat height is quite good for facilitating ease of installing and removing car seats.

Go to the dealership and bring your car seat and try out all the things that concern you. Because in the end the decission is yours, all other opinions aside.

Good luck!