RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Updates for the next RX

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-03, 04:57 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Gee, Thats odd I have burnt mp3's to a cdr and they play fine in my 01 RX cd changer.

Also, I agree the steering wheel needs to be improved. I live in upsate NY where its not unusual to have below zero temps. When I drive to work in the morning I litterally cannot hold on to the wheel without pain. I have had to resort to using gloves for the first time ever. Now I know why a lot of people have gone to remote starters to warm up their vehicles
Old 04-19-03, 06:00 AM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rogerh00
Gee, Thats odd I have burnt mp3's to a cdr and they play fine in my 01 RX cd changer.

Also, I agree the steering wheel needs to be improved. I live in upsate NY where its not unusual to have below zero temps. When I drive to work in the morning I litterally cannot hold on to the wheel without pain. I have had to resort to using gloves for the first time ever. Now I know why a lot of people have gone to remote starters to warm up their vehicles

Roger - Your burning software probably automatically converted the MP3's to a CD audio format - "Music CD" in order for it to be read. Roxio's Soundstream works nicely.

My vote's for the heated steering wheel also...
Old 04-19-03, 10:21 AM
light
Driver School Candidate

i know the LS has a really great massage system but doubt unless the technology they use (something bout pulses racing between the headrest and the seat if i remember the mechanism) become really cheap, think it will primarily be reserved for the LS, LX and perhaps the GX and the GS as options.

The heated wheel, phone, satellite radio, coinbox and map light seem to have the best odds for the next RX, as well as an updated map of the country. Cooled seats sounds neat as well but dunno what the folks in the RX dept would say about that. Lexus seems to take what the other bigwigs have and put their own spin on it. I just read Mercedes will soon introduce a dvd with instructions on how to operate the vehicle instead of the huge booklets. Perhaps lexus will do that too in time.

As for the cd-rw, maybe Mark Levinson has some strict sound quality to adhere too and maybe that's why cd-rw's and in time dvd audio (which is gaining popularity and so is the sacd format which i hope will be on the next revision too!) will not be able to be read those cds perhaps.

All wishful thinking here!
Old 04-19-03, 02:20 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Default Wish List

Hi there -new to the forum as we have a new 330 on order.

Here is my wish list, some of which have already been mentioned:

1. Real aluminum trim on the dash.
2. Heated rear seats and steering wheel option
3. Map lights for all four seating positions
4. Fully adjustible power controls (especially height) for passenger seat
5. Adjustible ride control (normal + sport)
6. Selectible shift program (normal + sport)
7. Add NAV and LEV as separate options (so you can select either one in combination with the Performance Package).
Old 04-19-03, 05:33 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

Another one I just thought of:
A digital compass like the MDX that can encompass the LCD. It would be even better if they had a seperate unit like the one that's in the non- exported Nissan Patrol aka Safari. Dunno if they already have it.

Some folks have mentioned LED read outs. What exactly is that and do any other cars have it on them right now?

Just curious: Can you get the performance package with navigation and every other option out there or not?. The last message just made me a bit curious thats all.

Just saw the coverage map and surprised places like Chattanooga,AL and Cincinnati,OH or Boulder,CO. Maybe in time they will add them.
Old 04-19-03, 05:34 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

http://www.lexus.com/contact.html#8

This was the link i meant to put in.
Old 04-19-03, 08:52 PM
04rx330
Driver School Candidate

Just saw the coverage map and surprised places like Chattanooga,AL and Cincinnati,OH or Boulder,CO. Maybe in time they will add them.
Bounder is covered in detail with in the navagation system. The Lexus site probably considers it a suburb of Denver. There are many cities that are not listed at the Lexus site that are covered in detail.
Old 04-19-03, 09:05 PM
Lexterious
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aluminum, fad and soft

Does everyone realize that aluminum is one of the softest metals around? In time if you have lots of it on the dash, it will get scratched to hell.

Also, wood is timeless. Aluminum is likely to be a fad. I could do with less or without the aluminum.
Old 04-19-03, 10:01 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Default Re: Aluminum, fad and soft

Originally posted by Lexterious
Does everyone realize that aluminum is one of the softest metals around? In time if you have lots of it on the dash, it will get scratched to hell.
As opposed to silver-enameled molded plastic?
Old 04-20-03, 07:36 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is a feature I'd love to have on my Lexus.

The Infiniti has a "smart" key that you don't even have to take out of your pocket or purse to unlock the doors and start the engine. As long as the key's within three feet of the car, you push a button on the door handle to open it and turn a **** to start the car.
Old 04-21-03, 02:32 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

Default List of ideas so far

1) A proper coin box
2) Map lights for all four seating positions
3) A cooler in the glovebox
4) A phone handsfree phone option.
5) Engine bloock heater a
6) Cool seats.
7) Heated REAR seats.
7) Satellite radio as an option.
9) Put the wood trim back on the dash.
10) heated steering wheel
11) LED's for all lighting
12) Front AUX Input into stereo for a MP3 player like the iPod,make CD player able to read CD-RWs, make the CD player able to play MP3 CDs and Make Rear Entertainment System able to read DVD-R DVD-RW CD-R and CD-RW
13) Massage Seats
14) Real aluminum trim on the dash.
15) Heated rear seats and steering wheel option
16) Map lights for all four seating positions
17) Fully adjustible power controls (especially height) for passenger seat
18) Adjustible ride control (normal + sport)
19) Selectible shift program (normal + sport)
20) Add NAV and LEV as separate options (so you can select either one in combination with the Performance Package).
21) Infiniti type "smart" key
22) Wood trim on the rear AC ducts
23) digital compass
24) Controls for the rear camera like the Japanese edition and the ability to lower the passenger side (see thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=80673 )

Sounds like the folks @ Lexus have their hands full for a while!

I'm more than happy with 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,16,17 and maybe 3, so if Lexus addresses those, i would think its perfection on wheels. Sure it would'nt hurt to add say another 10 horses, but I fear it would be in the same dilemea as the MDX where its fuel consumption went through the roof and became a bit more expensive to fill up @ 17mpg when the hp was bumped upto 260.
Old 04-21-03, 08:22 PM
light
Driver School Candidate

Hey again

Looks like I found the options and accessories page for the Harrier in Japan and must say they have some nifty stuff on them

http://www.toyota.co.jp/dop-harrier/harrierindex.html

Check out the advanced package and the luxury interior links. Although the text is in Japanese, the pictures will tell all.

Coolest options: the turn signals on the mirror, the new exhaust, the tray that can be pulled out of the rear seats (dunno if the US ones have that standard) and they also sell the gold nameplates of the harrier too. Worth a look.
Old 04-22-03, 06:38 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by light
Hey again

Looks like I found the options and accessories page for the Harrier in Japan and must say they have some nifty stuff on them

http://www.toyota.co.jp/dop-harrier/harrierindex.html
Cool stuff. And a coin holder! Where is the coin holder though? It's hard to tell from the picture (under luxury interior).

So when is an American company going to import this stuff or make simular items themselves? I haven't looked at the aftermarket for the RX300, so who are the big names?

John
Old 04-22-03, 10:30 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by j4ydubs
Cool stuff. And a coin holder! Where is the coin holder though? It's hard to tell from the picture (under luxury interior).
After going out to lunch, it looks like it's in the inside door grab.

John
Old 04-22-03, 10:52 AM
light
Driver School Candidate

Just thought of another addition- lights for the rear seat passengers under the footwell like the A4
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...tupict.500.jpg

Which makes the toal now upto 24. Anybody want to add anything else to the list?

Quick Reply: Updates for the next RX