RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone able to get Perf. w/ Lev

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 06:33 PM
dreday68
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ann1 able to get Perf. w/ Lev

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the fully loaded Performance Package on special order along with the Mark Levinson stereo system. From what I've heard the Lev system is supposed to be awesome and I would really like to get it bundled with the performance. Has anybody tried to negotiat this cuz I'm gonna try and go down friday and see what I can do.
Old 04-23-03, 06:41 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Who exactly is Ann1?
Old 04-23-03, 06:46 PM
dreday68
Rookie

Any 1
Old 04-23-03, 10:43 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Default VP with Levingson

I was told that this combination cannot be built, because it will not fit. Not sure exactly what that means, but the dealer made a special inquiry and was told that you cannot get the Performance Package and the Mark Levingson sound system together.
Old 04-24-03, 01:36 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is right - you can't get both perf + ML for some reason. some kind of conflict, not sure why or what. as of now, they are not going to be built like that, period.

who knows, maybe next year if they see a lot of demand for it, Lexus might consider figuring out how to do it. but my guess is this will not be the case due to pricing points and overall demand.

i have the Nav/ML and it is very nice. very happy with it. i'm glad i got over the performance thing - the ML is very worth the money IMHO. i wanted performance, Nav, ML, everything, and i was sooo disappointed when i learned they weren't going to be built together. the ML is more of an "everyday" enjoyable item rather than the performance which i may or may not use from time to time (sequential trans, access mode, etc.) if you like cranking up the music and cruising along in traffic, i would go for the ML. if you're into sport mode driving most of the time, then get the performance.
Old 04-24-03, 07:52 AM
light
Driver School Candidate

So, does that mean if you get the ultra-premium package for around $9'800, you don't get the e-shift transmission where u can go into a semi-manual mode?. The option i talk about is the very last one in the "build your lexus" list in tha AWD version.
Old 04-24-03, 08:11 AM
light
Driver School Candidate

Might not be availible here, but certainly is in Japan.
Theory:
Look above the cd player- there are 2 small stickers.
One is for the compact disc logo
the other is the logo for mark levinson

Looks like they are keeping the good stuff for themselves.
Old 04-24-03, 09:03 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

light - yeah, that's correct. i have the same $9808 Nav/Lev option that you have in Ohio. no sequential transmission. it only comes w/ the packages labeled with "performance package".
Old 04-24-03, 03:48 PM
gzkrutoy
Driver School Candidate

Default Not True

I have a performance package with ML sound system.
Old 04-24-03, 05:02 PM
xsfo
Pole Position

Default Re: Ann1 able to get Perf. w/ Lev

Originally posted by gzkrutoy
Oh! You must be Ann1!
Old 04-24-03, 07:57 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Default Re: Not True

Originally posted by gzkrutoy
do you really?? is it special, special order or something? you can't even build perf pkg with ML for Massachusetts on lexus.com.

how'd you do it?? do tell!

also, do you have nav too?
Old 04-24-03, 08:15 PM
gzkrutoy
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes, I have a Navi

Ira had 1, and it was sold but not picked up. I needed a car, just sold my Audi. They talked the guy who bought it into letting me take it.

I am lucky I guess
Old 04-25-03, 11:55 AM
lb535
Driver School Candidate

The Harrier in the picture does have the ML stereo. It can be identified by the extra speaker above the nav screen, which non-ML models don't have. It also has the performance-package shifter.
Old 04-26-03, 10:52 PM
Aristo8GS
Driver School Candidate

It is possible to have both the ML and Perform package. From what I am told it depends on the Lexus Regional Manager, who puts the packages together for your area and orders the cars. If you type inthe zip codes for east coast they have Nav with Perform. package, but in west coast such a combination is not avaiable yet because the regional manager did not order the cars like that. With time I am sure they will have a truly fully loaded RX in every area. I am also waiting for it.
Old 04-27-03, 01:35 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

Hmm, I guess it goes to show how *****ing clueless the West Coast regional ordering is. I mean not even a single ML/Perfomance package! Maybe it has to do with the total build allocation of RXs. In any case there's no reason a few of the East Coast ML/Perfomance couldn't have been sent westward.

I'm sure that at least a few ML/Perfomance packages would have moved in California alone. I figure more people would consider a ML/Perfomance over the BAM (big *** moonroof) package.

Quick Reply: Anyone able to get Perf. w/ Lev