RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

OK, finally checked out the new 330!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-03, 04:24 AM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, finally checked out the new 330!

I was in for service and naturally i went right for the 330.
Compared to my 300, its:

INTERIOR:
1. the door opens with a quality heavier feel.
2. once im behind the wheel, the door closes with more quality feel!
3. the steering wheel looks and feels smaller, rims feels thicker............GOOD
4. the door panel is thick and safe feeling plus the materials for rubber and plastic are better
5. the silver and light colored wood trim is nice
6. the center console got lots of buttons and the touch of it is "quality" again
7. the nice big pieces of wood on the center armrest are nice
8. had fun playing with the open and close button on the center armrest.
9. pulled the extendable covers on the doors for fun and it was nice
10. the SC/GS like gauges are ultra nice.
11. the fade in & fade out lightings on the gauges is super nice
12. the benz like shifter & gauge are nice
13. ML stereo and in dash CDs.........the BOMB!!
14. HIDs.........nice
15. the remote and electric back door, super nice
16. the overall feel of the interior materials...........much better than mine
17. the bright/low adjustable vanity mirrior.......good gadget
18. took me 5 minutes to figure out how to work the center console to go back and forth............................this car is designed for college grads
19. the gas filler button on the dash is nice
20. the front seats feel high and more cramped than mine
21. the rear seats recline more than mine
22. the rear seats feel very spacious
23. the rear armrests with wood.....very nice
24. the trunk, ok
25. the passenger seat, nice
26. the overall feel of leather is real nice

EXTERIOR:
1. this is one strange looking car
2. the 18s are nice
3. the brakes and calipers look bigger
4. the front must be REAL GOOD for approach angle. 'cause the nose looks like an eagle's beak with no chin, if u know what i mean.
5. first thing i do, if i take delivery, paint the lower/front/back black moldings body color
6. taillights are HUGE and strange looking again
7. the body bulges out a little, nice
8. eye measured the rims and i can definitely fit 20x8.5 with 245/45/20s and it will be more flush with the wells and definitely BLING!
9. stared at the front/side angle for a good 20 mintues, this car is nice!
10. but still strange
11. however the more i look at it, the more it looks like mine

I dont know how it drives, but i asked everybody in there on it, and everyone said its much faster, much smoother..........nobody really said anything about its interior improvements though, because thats all i could compare it with. But they said lots of 300 people traded theirs after driving it, GLAD i didnt drove it!! Because my ride with 19s and aggressive stance still looks better in my view.
But just when i was getting to leave the place. A young woman with 2.5" heels drove in, in a gold 330, and she looked hot in it!!! So, naturally i walked up and asked her how she like it:

Me: "so do u like it"
Her: "ohhhhh! its the most fantastic vehicle i ever driven, smooth, lots of power, tall, and lots of room for my baby"
Me: "baby??? uhhh................................thats too bad, bye bye."

CONCLUSION:
I dont think i will trade mine in for it, it somehow feels and looks too much like my OLD one. I guess i have to drive one before i make any decisions, but im afraid im gonna be spoiled by it. So im pretty glad i went to check one up today. I wasnt thrilled by it, so i guess i can save some money for other things......

What do u think???

Last edited by JohnsRX; 05-08-03 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-08-03, 03:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OK, finally checked out the new 330!

Originally posted by JohnsRX
5. first thing i do, if i take delivery, paint the lower/front/back black moldings body color
This is exactly what I plan on doing. I'm also going to paint the lower side skirt trim and the rear roof spoiler. If you notice it is painted black and not body color. I'm probably do it next year because my friend (Body Shop Owner) didn't have the new 04 paint codes yet and the Neptune Blue that I have is not on the 03 color codes. I'm sure a lot of people will end up doing the same thing. For me, the less unpainted black plastic pieces the better.
Old 05-09-03, 06:24 PM
Lexterious
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I think I'll paint the underside moldings as well.

I'm found (through this forum) a nice little (not too agressive) front spoiler that will go well with the painted moldings.
Old 05-09-03, 06:31 PM
Lexterious
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 300 looks great. The 330 is an evolution and that's why there's a strong family resemblance. But it is a more modern update and thus things like the tail lights and the dash are the way they are.

20" tires may be in the wings for me when the factory tires wear out in a few years. At the moment, a nice set of 20" wheels with 245 profile tires would set one back several thousand dollars I think and so I'll take a pass for now.

By the way, from the way you talk of your encounter with the high-heeled lady (actually 2.5 in is not that high), you are probably single and may be on the prowl. You do know, don't you, that women are totally totally oblivious to car mods? Unless they are ridiculously radical. 20 in wheels, Levinson, HIDs, all would be a waste of time and money if it were meant to attract women.
Old 05-11-03, 09:00 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with everything u said, thats why i have another 2 door if i want to attract the gold diggers.

But about the wheels, i think u should do the 20s or atleast 19s RIGHT NOW. Because sooner or later the streets gonna be filled with ur ride and most even in the same color, i do it just to be different.

Originally posted by Lexterious
Your 300 looks great. The 330 is an evolution and that's why there's a strong ...........in wheels, Levinson, HIDs, all would be a waste of time and money if it were meant to attract women.