RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Factory Nav audio works even without Factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-16, 07:08 PM
guyrat7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Nav audio works even without Factory amp

Maybe others have come across this before but I experienced this good news yesterday.
I have replaced the whole audio system with aftermarket units. My factory nav screen is still active as I used the resistor to complete the circuit. I just tried my factory Nav yesterday since I could not connect my normal gps and found that the Audio from the factory nav still works even without the factory amp. The only thing is that audio from the aftermarket HU does not get muted.

So it means, the cable that gets plugged on to the Factory HU from the Factory Nav only controls the mute option.
Old 03-31-19, 10:43 PM
TrungJen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fact nav sound

hi
thanks for your posts

i have a2007 rx with fact nav

i replaced the radio
tyto metra axxess
axxess steering wheel control
metra dash with resistor to fact nav input

i can see fact nav but do not get sound.

how did you get sound?

Originally Posted by guyrat7
Maybe others have come across this before but I experienced this good news yesterday.
I have replaced the whole audio system with aftermarket units. My factory nav screen is still active as I used the resistor to complete the circuit. I just tried my factory Nav yesterday since I could not connect my normal gps and found that the Audio from the factory nav still works even without the factory amp. The only thing is that audio from the aftermarket HU does not get muted.

So it means, the cable that gets plugged on to the Factory HU from the Factory Nav only controls the mute option.