RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

DVD Entertainment Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 04:53 PM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DVD Entertainment Package

I was just wondering, the wireless headphones that come with the DVD package, do they come with batteries already installed or supplied or is this something you buy yourself? What size batteries do they use? TIA

PS Anyone ever figure out how to allow the front passenger to watch a DVD while the car is moving. PLEASE no lectures, I know it's illegal.

PSS If all goes well I should be in a new Lexus by the end of the month......I'll update next week.

Last edited by Jedi; 05-21-03 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-21-03, 08:43 PM
RX3308R6
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: DVD Entertainment Package

Originally posted by Jedi
I was just wondering, the wireless headphones that come with the DVD package, do they come with batteries already installed or supplied or is this something you buy yourself? What size batteries do they use? TIA

PS Anyone ever figure out how to allow the front passenger to watch a DVD while the car is moving. PLEASE no lectures, I know it's illegal.

PSS If all goes well I should be in a new Lexus by the end of the month......I'll update next week.

The batteries is not inclued. Using 2 AA batteries for each headphone.
Old 05-21-03, 11:56 PM
flint330
Rookie

Thanks for the update I was wondering how your hunt was going. I haven't figured out how to get the DVD to play while moving, but I do remember hearing that there is a way to do it. The system works really great though for the backseat passengers. Just went to Southern California with my in-laws in the back. Just put in the Matrix and I got to drive in peace. LOL

Last edited by flint330; 05-21-03 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-22-03, 12:07 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's funny - all my DVD equipment came with batteries. the remote, and the two headphones. perhaps the dealer put them in there before i got there so we could test it out. i would think most dealers would put them in as part of the "delivery", during the explanation of all the features, etc.

as for watching while moving, no luck there. there are two reasons for this - there is a speed sensor and a parking brake sensor. if you disable both of these to "trick" the car into thinking you are parked (so that you can watch DVD's up front), then you also do two things:

(1) your parking brake light will always be on, because it thinks you are driving with it on. (i suppose you could disable that too, but would you really want to?

(2) this is what i've heard on the GX forum - the navigation system is partially reliant on the speed in which you are traveling to determine where you are on the map as you drive along. disabling the speed sensors will confuse it and affect the accuracy of the nav system.

obviously i don't personally know if this will happen or not, but after reading that thread, i decided it's best not to mess with it until someone else comes along w/ a better solution.

hope this helps, and good luck with your upcoming purchase!
Old 05-22-03, 09:32 AM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm. I'll bring a couple of sets of batteries just in case when I go to SOCAL .
And as for the DVD up front, I bet there is a way to isolate the wires from the DVD Player / NAVI system. Anyone have the Service Manual for the RX330?
Old 05-22-03, 11:23 AM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

my friend just got back from riding in his friend's new rx330 and i guess one of the techs at the dealership figured out how to jimmy the dvd to work in front while the car's in motion...he did it on the side for the guy for a couple $$$...no complaints from the car owner as to anything not working as it should otherwise...i think in the harrier in japan video in front is not restricted...i might just be talkin' outta my *ss here, tho cause i ain't seen it for myself yet...
Old 05-31-03, 11:38 AM
Petrie2001
Rookie

can't you just "ground" the dvd system? usually by engaging the parking brake, it gives it the ground that it needs to sense that the parking brake is engaged. so if you just take the wire from the dvd system and hook it up to any grounded screw, wouldn't that trick the system into thinking that the parking brake is engaged?

peter.