RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealer Didn't Like My Response

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-03, 12:17 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should mention that Lexus dealers tend to return the car in pristine condition. Something BMW dealers were never good at (dark blue car through car wash=scratched paint). However, my BMW dealers were at least good at fixing the car.

But the point stands - the dealer makes all the difference. Just saw a post from a former Audi owner who didn't like the way he was treated so he dumped his car after 8 months and went back to Lexus. I just hope that he at least tried more than just that one dealer - such a shame to lose that much money on a car because of one dealer's attitude/service.
Old 07-03-03, 06:17 PM
mit
Driver School Candidate

Does Longo Lexus in So Cal offer complimentary car washes even between services? If so, can my parents get their RX washed monthly even though they bought theirs elsewhere?
Old 07-07-03, 11:57 AM
mit
Driver School Candidate

Answers to the above questions, anyone?
Old 07-07-03, 06:44 PM
flint330
Rookie

I don't know about Longo Lexus, but the Lexus dealer I bought my car from in Northern California told me that they wash any Lexus that comes in. They just ask that you bring it in during the early afternoon when it is not busy. They told me that they have one lady that brings her car in once a week to get it washed. I had my car washed after the 1,000 mile service and found that it was okay, but that the hand car wash does a better job. The dealer doesn't really get all the water spots off and they don't do the inside.
Old 07-09-03, 01:40 PM
Drimweaver88
Pole Position

Default Longo

I bring in my car to Longo Lexus just to get it washed. Just make sure you call ahead if they arent so busy. On a side note, its not the best washing i ever see.
Old 07-09-03, 05:36 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which dealership is this so that other members may avoid it like the plague?
Old 07-09-03, 07:13 PM
Sully C5er
Rookie

Default Re: Longo

Originally posted by Drimweaver88
I bring in my car to Longo Lexus just to get it washed. Just make sure you call ahead if they arent so busy. On a side note, its not the best washing i ever see.
The one we have problem with is Lexus of Greenvile (SC)
Old 07-17-03, 11:16 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Longo Lexus (or any other dealership, I believe), never turn away a Lexus owner who would like a car wash. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes, but usually it takes 2 hours. We wash probably around a hundred cars per day. Every wash is done by hand and it is sweaty, back breaking work. I should know, on a few occasions, I've rolled up my sleeves and cleaned some of my own customer's cars (I'm a salesperson). Every dealership has that one customer who comes by every week or so just to get a car wash. These people apparantly do not have to work, but do not mind hanging out to get a wash. Soon we are opening a machine operated car wash to be integrated with our car wash guys so we can become more efficient.
Old 07-17-03, 01:33 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

I wish the dealerships here would give free car washes too.
Old 07-17-03, 01:45 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I work full time and bring in BOTH of my Lexus vehicles on a weekly basis to Sewell Lexus in Dallas for washes only. It takes about 15 minutes - even without an appointment. They've installed a system that allows them to wash up to 60 cars in an hour.

When I purchased my vehicles I was made aware of this "perk" and was encouraged to bring them in as often as I wish. According to Sewell they embrace the hundreds of "these people" who bring in their cars every week for free washes ONLY. Kudos to Sewell for understanding customer service and customer relations - the more I'm in the dealership the more I appreciate how unique they are - especially after reading Longo's comments.

Last edited by jeffknet; 07-17-03 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-17-03, 03:29 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally posted by jeffknet
I work full time and bring in BOTH of my Lexus vehicles on a weekly basis to Sewell Lexus in Dallas for washes only. It takes about 15 minutes - even without an appointment. They've installed a system that allows them to wash up to 60 cars in an hour.

When I purchased my vehicles I was made aware of this "perk" and was encouraged to bring them in as often as I wish. According to Sewell they embrace the hundreds of "these people" who bring in their cars every week for free washes ONLY. Kudos to Sewell for understanding customer service and customer relations - the more I'm in the dealership the more I appreciate how unique they are - especially after reading Longo's comments.

Like I said, we wash ALL of our cars BY HAND and it takes a minimum of 30 minutes from start to finish - if we are not backed up. And in a pinch, a lot of our employees do not consider it "beneath" them to roll up their sleeves and grab a towell ( I have messed up a few good suits by this). Soon we will have a machine operated car wash so that we too can pump out "60 cars per hour", until then, it's all manpower. And in addition, Longo is the #1 Lexus dealership in the Western United States. I was only truthfully commenting on what goes on "backstage" at a car dealership sometimes. Which is what this website is all about. Finding out and exchanging information. Longo does plenty of other things "right" for our customers than just car washes....like going to their home or office and doing the oil change right on the spot instead of them driving all the way into our place. All dealerships have their own special touch. I'm sure Sewell is an excellent dealership and you are lucky to have them so close by! Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 07-17-03 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-17-03, 10:09 PM
cotmc
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Thumbs up to Longo

While we are in the spirit of praising the better dealerships, I'd like to say we are fortunate to have Longo actively contributing to these forums!
Old 07-18-03, 05:34 AM
Sully C5er
Rookie

Default Re: Thumbs up to Longo

Originally posted by cotmc
While we are in the spirit of praising the better dealerships, I'd like to say we are fortunate to have Longo actively contributing to these forums!
Old 07-18-03, 10:46 AM
Nickv
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok....as a newby Lexus owner of 2 weeks, living in Sandy Eggo, I can chime in with praise for my selling dealer-Lexus of Kearny Mesa, San Diego. I have visited the service department twice, once to have the chrome wheels installed (part of my used car purchase "deal") and once to have them program a new master key (again, part of the deal). Both times, to my surprise, the car came out washed! Nice! Of course, I was sitting inside the waiting room eating breakfast rolls and drinking coffee.....free of course. Oh...yes, I did have to wait about 5 minutes while they printed out the complete service history of my 3 year old RX300. Previous owner had put 16, 600 miles on it in three years, but still had oil changed every 4-5 months. Uh...also...forgive me, but the gals working the desk are babes.

Yes, I am a happy Lexus-camper.
NickV
2000 RX300 -- and loving it!
Old 07-18-03, 10:55 AM
badams
Pole Position

The "Gal" working at the Desk at my dealership is a 90 year old man!

I do get good service though, if I wanna look at a babe I'll go home!

badams

Quick Reply: Dealer Didn't Like My Response