RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Windows not working from Drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-17, 10:06 AM
mbykow
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Windows not working from Drivers door

The individual windows on our 2005 RX will work when actuated from their respective doors, but only the drivers window will operate from the drivers seat. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 08-30-17, 02:14 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

This condition normally happens when the battery is disconnected. The manual actually outlines on how to re-set the windows so that the driver can control all of the windows. If memory serves me right, you have to cycle the window that does not work by remote 3 times (down-up x 3), then try to control via the driver’s control.

If the above does not work, I would disconnect the battery and re-learn everything (that’s what I would do). When you disconnect the battery, you will need to re-set the seats and side mirrors re-taught (re-set) and well as the sunroof.

Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by mandyfig:
mbykow (08-30-17), offroadtrd (05-26-24)
Old 08-30-17, 02:17 PM
mbykow
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Her battery just dies and was replaced. Did have to reset the seats and now will try the windows.
Old 08-30-17, 02:17 PM
tomr51
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

take window half way down then all the way up. hold the switch in the up position for a few secs after reaching the top. do this with each window from the window switch.
The following users liked this post:
mbykow (08-30-17)
Old 08-30-17, 05:35 PM
mbykow
Driver School Candidate

I did the three times up and down and now it works. Now the next problem. It does not appear that the headlights turn on during "auto". The running lights are on all the time and I can turn the headlights on manually. Seemed to happen around the time of the bad battery
Thanks in advance
Old 08-31-17, 08:54 AM
FactoryRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem when I disconnected the battery for the first time ... I instantly panicked , but then I figured it out Can't help for the lights, never had this issue
Old 09-01-17, 05:15 AM
edwardh11
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wonder why so complicated? more $
for the serice department
Old 09-01-17, 09:17 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

It does not appear that the headlights turn on during "auto". The running lights are on all the time and I can turn the headlights on manually

Headlight setting of AUTO, lights will turn on when there is no sunlight.
Old 09-01-17, 06:04 PM
mikecd1
Driver School Candidate

Have the same problem. Did the three times up and down and it still doesn't work. If you hold the switch at the window, the light stays lit, but when you let go it blinks with two long blinks and all the other switches are solid. Not sure what the problem is because the window goes up and down at the window, but not from the drivers switch for that window and that is the only switch that blinks.

Last edited by mikecd1; 09-01-17 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-01-17, 09:46 PM
tomr51
Intermediate

read my earlier post
Old 09-03-17, 09:19 AM
mikecd1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tomr51
read my earlier post
Tried every variation of taking each window half down, then up and holding one second. Also tried each window all the way down then up and holding for a sec. Also tried a variant someone suggested of taking the bad window down then going to the driver control and holding that down, then going back to the passenger window, bringing that up and holding it, then going back to the driver control and holding that one up. Nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting the battery and starting over. Its raining today so I can't try that, but that's where I'm at.
Old 09-03-17, 02:14 PM
tomr51
Intermediate

try when it hits the top, hold the up button for a FEW secs.
Old 09-04-17, 01:39 PM
mbykow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
It does not appear that the headlights turn on during "auto". The running lights are on all the time and I can turn the headlights on manually

Headlight setting of AUTO, lights will turn on when there is no sunlight.

It is set to auto on the steering column but the lights don't go on when it is dark....only when it is moved to ON
Old 09-26-17, 12:55 PM
mbykow
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Originally Posted by mbykow
I did the three times up and down and now it works. Now the next problem. It does not appear that the headlights turn on during "auto". The running lights are on all the time and I can turn the headlights on manually. Seemed to happen around the time of the bad battery
Thanks in advance
Found out why the headlights would not go on when in AUTO. When the dash was replaced by lexus they disconnected a wire and then forgot to reconnect that wire. Brought the care to our local Toyota dealer (same owner but 25 miles closer than Lexus and cheaper repair rates) and they found the problem. Still charged us for the repair which we are trying to get Lexus to waive....
Old 09-29-17, 07:50 AM
mikecd1
Driver School Candidate

Took my car in to the dealer and they replaced the motor on the passenger window that wouldn't work from driver panel. Mechanic said that a weak motor will behave that way and stop working from the driver panel. It works now, so problem solved!

Quick Reply: Windows not working from Drivers door