RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Help with a decision - (Dealer Says Can't Fill My Order)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-03, 02:14 PM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a decision

I just got a call from the Lexus dealer in northern NJ - Englewood. I had put a deposit on an RX330 - Neptune Blue, Ivory, Performance Package, Nav, and Rear Entertainment. She just told me that Lexus can not build the car for me. She said I can select from a Black/Black, Silver/Black, Black/Ivory, or Flint/Grey with the performance package. It would take 6 - 8 weeks.

She also said that the rear entertainment system was not available with the performance package. The web site build to order says it is available. She mentioned that the sun roof was somehow larger in the perfomance package. I don't think this is true. It is not the moon roof package. I've already given them a deposit. What is the truth here with the performance package on the east coast. I feel like this is infomation the dealer should have know back in April. What would you do? thanks in advance. Bob
Old 06-25-03, 02:47 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help with a decision

Originally posted by Bobbaxter
I just got a call from the Lexus dealer in northern NJ - Englewood. I had put a deposit on an RX330 - Neptune Blue, Ivory, Performance Package, Nav, and Rear Entertainment. She just told me that Lexus can not build the car for me. She said I can select from a Black/Black, Silver/Black, Black/Ivory, or Flint/Grey with the performance package. It would take 6 - 8 weeks.

She also said that the rear entertainment system was not available with the performance package. The web site build to order says it is available. She mentioned that the sun roof was somehow larger in the perfomance package. I don't think this is true. It is not the moon roof package. I've already given them a deposit. What is the truth here with the performance package on the east coast. I feel like this is infomation the dealer should have know back in April. What would you do? thanks in advance. Bob
I don't know much about the ordering of a RX330, but this sounds like an absolute load of crap.

If they couldn't fill the order, then they shouldn't have taken your money (which I'm sure they did). When did you order the RX? A quick check by the dealer on what was actually availble to be built I'm sure was disclosed to the dealerships. And the website being wrong? Gimme a break?

Call her back and tell her you'll take you money back thank you very much, and youp'll find a dealer that can make you happy.
Old 06-25-03, 03:19 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

agree - get your money back if you feel the least bit cheated by the whole thing.

I know that when I was looking at options I couldn't get the Rear Ent Sys with the Performance Package either.

I believe the sunroofs are uniform in size - except for the Moonroof Package which is multi-panel
Old 06-25-03, 03:48 PM
eyebike
Driver

When I ordered my RX330 with performance and Nav, the dealer showed me an allocation sheet that showed that only 3% of the RX would be built in that configuration. And then, only in black, silver or flint mica. They were discouraging special orders (I too, wanted Neptune Blue mica) and said it was preferable to get one as they came in. If there are people already with outstanding orders, then that would only put you on a waiting list. I believe that I read somewhere too that the performance pkge/Nav was only to be built in Japan, so that will constrain supply. The Ontario Canada plant will be building the RX's with premium pkge.
Old 06-25-03, 03:55 PM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the RX 330 in mid April. I also think what the dealer said is a load of crap. I am definitely soured on the Lexis experience. I currently own a BMW and heard all about this apparently amazing Lexus service. I'd just settle for basic honesty. I could get my deposit back and go to Manhattan Lexus. From what I heard they don't have the best reputation. Isn’t living in NYC fun. If I go to Manhattan Lexus, I'm beginning the process all over again. I just don't want to cut my nose off to spite my face. Thanks. Do you think a letter to Lexus Corporate would help? Bob
Old 06-25-03, 04:20 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I know it's not what you wanna hear, but to be honest Bob your best bet is to find one on the lot and start dealin' - try and get anywhere from $1500 - $2000 off MSRP. They'll be more willing to work a deal on the Performance Package - but it ain't gonna have the Rear Seat Ent Sys - try to find one with Nav / Rearview Cam though....

If that doesn't appeal to you then stick to your guns and get the color / package you want - but you will most likely have to wait and then pay full MSRP - these vehicles are just selling too well right now.....
Old 06-26-03, 06:40 AM
Bobbaxter
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks to all - It is what it is

I think jeffknet summarized the situation well. I'm going to revise my wish list - Flint/Grey, Performance, Nav, and heated seats. I'll give up on the rear entertainment option. It is what it is.

Yes, I'll try to get something off on the MSRP ($1-2K). Should I ask for anything for my trouble -- certain tires, floor mats, service discounts, etc? thanks to all. Great board. Bob
Old 06-26-03, 09:04 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

Bob, you should get a free cargo mat and cargo net free, make sure your Perf Package comes with the Polished Graphite 18" rims (it will if it has the Air Suspension), your first service is FREE (1K) but I would ***** and try to get the 5K free as well - also see if they'll give you 'anytime free' car washes for the life of the vehicle.
Old 06-26-03, 09:13 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also try finishing this deal with the GSM if you could; not your original sales person, know-nothing-Betty
Old 06-26-03, 09:32 AM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Jeffknet,

I thought Lexus gives the 1K and 5K service for free on all their new cars os is that only certain dealerships or cars that receive the 5K service for free?
Old 06-26-03, 09:59 AM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

edit - This post did not concern the dealership being discussed. Posting 3rd party anecdotal data about other dealers that has no proveable basis in fact is frowned upon. This apparently is not a personal experience, so it's removed.

Thanks,

ClubLexus Moderators

Last edited by Daddy-O; 06-26-03 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-26-03, 11:33 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

OK maybe you're right - maybe the 5K IS free - I'm still about 3K away - if that's the case maybe Bob could get the 10K free