RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Lexus Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 03:59 PM
Skandelous
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Audio System

Well I just found out that the Mark Levinson isn't available here in Honolulu Hawaii. Well, I just was wondering if the audio system in the RX330 sounds good. Can you give me details in speakers and size? Wondering how it compares with the Levinson. Thanks.
Old 06-27-03, 03:38 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

Skandelous -

There is a thread in this forum entitled "Audio in RX330" with some CL members' opinions on the standard audio system (look for a thread started by "Compaq", it should be at the bottom of the first page of posts or top of second page) that covers just this topic.

Most seem quite satisfied with the standard audio, but I believe a lot depends on what you're used to listening to with your current car's audio system.

I would suggest that when you test drive it (or if you have already, a second test drive wouldn't hurt ), bring along a couple of CDs. I asked the salesman on my test drive if I could try a couple of CDs and he even provided a CD made by Lexus with classical music.

-cmstahl
Old 06-27-03, 03:50 AM
Skandelous
Driver School Candidate

Default oops!

Hehe! I didn't see that. Thanks.
Old 06-27-03, 03:37 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the standard system and it is just fine. I am however an aftermarket audio guy, so I really do feel the standard system is quite alright. Of course, being me, I probably would put an aftermarket system sometime later on when the wife is not looking

But seriously, I can't believe the ML system is not available in Hawaii anymore as I swear they sold a White one with ML at the same time I picked up my 330. I even saw the ML audio system listed on the window tags and it had the $40K (Or around there) MSRP. I don't know if you are working with a particular salesman, but I bought my RX from my friend Tom Park. If you like It would be nice if you can help him out. He is very helpful, although being that I bought mine when it just came out Servco was not offering any deals on the 330s, so Tom had to butter up the used car manager and got me a slightly better deal on my BMW trade in. One thing I noticed with Servco Lexus in Hawaii is they are reluctant to special order the car. They rather sell you what is in stock. It could be that there is no more ML 330s in stock thus told you they are not available. If I wanted to order my Neptune Blue with Black interior, it would have been a 4 month wait, so I settled for the light grey interior.
Old 06-28-03, 09:38 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

CK6Speed --

This is a bit off-topic for this particular thread, but I'm picking up on what you said about your dealer being reluctant to special order an RX330 for you.

I dealt with 3 different dealers around my area, and one in particular, with whom we were trying to reach an agreement on trade-in for my old car, made quite an issue of the fact that he thought he could get me a better deal if I were to take one of the cars they had on the lot. This particular dealer even said that they'd be "less flexible" on my trade if they had to locate an RX having the specs I wanted, not just special order. Funny, but at the dealer I wound up buying from, this wasn't even brought up.