RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

iSimple 1STY531 with SiriusXM -- problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18 | 03:29 PM
wcsherrill
Driver School Candidate

Default iSimple 1STY531 with SiriusXM -- problems

I had a SiriusXM plug in unit added to my wife's RX350 (2009) several years ago, and the need to find FM stations when using SiriusXM got old. We had the iSimple 1TY531 gateway added to the system by a local audio shop -- and it worked beautifully.

In June of last year Lexus replaced the dash pad on our car under warranty... Because we don't use Sirius that much except on long trips (we have a base unit and use it in the house more often) I didn't check that everything was working after the dash was replaced.

Several days ago I tried the SiriusXM unit in the Lexus RX350 and everything seemed right, except that the AM-SAT switch, when pressed showed SAT 3 rather than SAT2 as was the case in the past.

I went back to the Lexus dealer and explained the problem. They want to charge me to diagnose the problem -- because its an after-market unit. They screwed it up, but I've got to pay to fix it. I will now get my servicing done somewhere else -- as I don't see ME paying for their mistake. I went by the shop that installed it, and they've gone out of business or have moved, and I don't know how to contact them. They could probably resolve the problem quickly -- and I'd pay them.

I've contacted iSimple and hope to hear from them over the next day or two. I know how to get into the dash and to pull the radio. I can probably just pull it and change how the siriusXM unit plugs into the iSimple unit -- but hesitate to do so without at least some guidance by someone who had done this.

(I learned, recently, when the battery died, that just jump starting the car has some unintended consequences -- as the rear gate wouldn't open unitl the computer was reset (or reinitialized.) So I'm a little wary of messing with electronics UNTIL I learn how to reset/reinitialize the system.)

Any suggestions?. (Is there a way to change the SAT3 to SAT2 by using the panel buttons, etc.

Last edited by wcsherrill; 01-31-18 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-31-18 | 04:27 PM
wcsherrill
Driver School Candidate

I found that the fix -- thanks to a manual found using a search engine -- was as simple as:

Press the "AM/SAT" button to switch to AM then again to switch back to SAT. Immediately turn the rotary **** to scroll through available sources. Once Aux1 is displayed, press PRESET 6 to select it.

(I didn't use te preset, and when I went out and tried it again, the settings had not changed. I did use PRESET 6 this time through... but it may not have been necessary.)

An indirectly related question: If I disconnect the battery or have a dead battery again.... how does one go about resetting/reinitializing the computer system?