RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

I'm in Love! (With my RX 330)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-03, 03:53 PM
eisens
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm in Love! (With my RX 330)

My RX 330 arrived on July 4th! It was enough reason to celebrate!

I haven't bought a new car for 10 years. My last car was a 1994 Mercedes E class and I was perfectly happy with it -- until this year when I had one repair bill after another, After $3600 into a car that was worth $7-9000.

I went back and forth between Lexus and the Acura MDX. I was going to buy a used RX 300 (why "waste" all that money on a new car?) when I fell in love with the RX 330. Couldn't get a deal locally (Tampa)., but I got a pretty good deal out of Fort Lauderdale with a car in stock. The sales rep and his wife DROVE the car to me and delivered it on July 4th.

My baby is Crystal White. I wanted Savannah metalic, but let me tell you -- the white is gorgeous. It has shimmers in it. Plus it has the black ski rails on top and a step up in back that accents it. Gorgeous.

Here is my config:

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package includes: High-Intensity Discharge
(HID) Headlamps, Navigation System with Rear View back-up Camera and
Compass, Power Rear Door, Roof Rails and Roof Rack, Wood & Leather Steering
Wheel and Shift ****
Additional Options:
- 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
- Cargo Mat
- Rear Seat Entertainment System
- Two-Level Heated Front Seats w/Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers and
Headlamp Washers
- Wheel Locks

Supposedly the cruise laser control is standard in the Southeast. I haven't tried it out yet. This is one cool car -- a back up camera (I still look over my shoulder. . .) the nav control talking to me. The owner's manual is the size of War and Peace!.

I really, really love this car.

Old 07-06-03, 07:23 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

way to go eisens! the fun has only begun - keep us posted!
Old 07-06-03, 07:49 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eisens,

It never ends...I still find myself getting out of the RX and walking
backwards to catch another look as I'm walking away from it.

Congratulations on your new RX 330.
Old 07-06-03, 09:20 PM
jaxxx
Pole Position

is laser cruise control reallt STD here in the southeast???? can anyone else confirm this?
Old 07-07-03, 05:30 AM
eisens
Rookie

Default Sure

Go to www.lexus.com. Go to "buy your car" Select the RX 330. Then look at "standard features." I"ll C&P it for you:

BTW, I have the FWD, not the AWD.

Luxury and Convenience Features

• Automatic dual-zone climate-control system with rear vents
• Lexus AM/FM/cassette sound system with Radio Data System (RDS); six-disc, single-feed, in-dash CD changer and eight speakers
• Fixed-mast antenna with FM-diversity system
• Eight-way power driver's seat and four-way power front passenger's seat
• Driver's and front passenger's seat-mounted armrests
• Reclining, sliding 40/20/40 split rear seat
• Power windows with one-touch auto open/close feature
• Auto-dimming electrochromic power heated outside mirrors
• Power door locks with anti-lockout feature
• Lexus HomeLink® System
• Adjustable tilt steering column
• Key-integrated multifunction remote entry system
• Available Dynamic Laser Cruise Control
• Genuine walnut or golden bird's-eye maple wood interior trim
• LCD screen displays for ventilation, audio, trip computer, outside temperature, and clock with alarm
• Electroluminescent meter instrumentation in a unique three-pod layout
• Integrated rear spoiler
• Rear bumper protector
• Three-spoke steering wheel with audio controls
• Pull-out front door storage pockets
• Rear black privacy glass
• Auto-retracting tonneau cover
• Rear defogger with timer
• Carpeted floor mats

Toyota (Lexus) is set up in Regions. In the Southeast the distributor is "Southeast Toyota." They have the option to configure the cars for their territory any way they like. Sounds as if they decided to add a number of "options" into every car and up the base price. Just guessing.

I'll check my Moraney when I have the time.
Old 07-07-03, 06:12 AM
jaxxx
Pole Position

• Available Dynamic Laser Cruise Control

does available mean that its an option?
i'll call my local lexus dealer later and check
Old 07-07-03, 08:07 AM
eisens
Rookie

I don't think so because it is under "standard features."

You won't find it under "options."
Old 07-07-03, 11:07 AM
smalcom
Rookie

If you check many of the threads in this group, you will find that no knows anything about dynamic laser cruise control. I tried to order it, but was told not available yet..(I bought prior to official on-sale date). I don't even think Lexus knows what is and isn't available. The one thing I do know for sure is that it is not standard on any RX330 anywhere. If you check Kelly or Edmunds new car pricing, they show an option price for the dynamic laser cruise control (don't remeber how much).
Old 07-07-03, 11:57 AM
eisens
Rookie

The Kelley and Edmunds pricing breakdowns are generic -- the Lexus cars in the Southeast come configured in specific bundles. You cannot order the laser cruise control separately in the Southeast.

Invoice on it is around $450 and MSRP is around $600 if memory serves. BUT, you can't buy it separately in the Southeast. Go to the Lexus website and type in a Southern zip code (e.g. Florida) and you'll see what I mean. It is shown as standard in the Southeast.
Old 07-07-03, 12:28 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

the Laser Adaptive Cruise Control is available here in DFW - I have it on my Perf Package - and have used it on several trips - it works well
Old 07-07-03, 01:15 PM
smalcom
Rookie

Originally posted by eisens
The Kelley and Edmunds pricing breakdowns are generic -- the Lexus cars in the Southeast come configured in specific bundles. You cannot order the laser cruise control separately in the Southeast.

Invoice on it is around $450 and MSRP is around $600 if memory serves. BUT, you can't buy it separately in the Southeast. Go to the Lexus website and type in a Southern zip code (e.g. Florida) and you'll see what I mean. It is shown as standard in the Southeast.
It is the same here in Delaware. It is listed in the standard features as "Available Laser Cruise Control", but none of the available packages feature it, and my RX330 has the standard cruise control.
Old 07-07-03, 01:55 PM
nodefect
Driver School Candidate

Smile RX 330 Purchase

Just traded an 02 Sequoia Limited for an RX 330. The Sequoia was a great vehicle, I was just tired of it's size. The Rx is a dream to drive !!! The Sequoia was much better over bumps, but the Rx has a lot more road feel. The improved gas mileage is a nice plus too. There is no comparison on the interior, the RX blows the Sequoia away. I have owned 5 Toyota vehicles and have loved them all, I feel this Lexus RX 330 will just be a contiuation of my Toyota experience.
Old 07-09-03, 04:14 PM
jer55
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eisens, congrats on your new RX! Can I ask which dealership in Ft Lauderdale you went to? I am also in Tampa and am looking to trade my '00 RX, but I figure it's worth the drive to S. Florida to save a couple K.
Old 07-09-03, 04:44 PM
eisens
Rookie

Default Good luck

The folks at Tampa were very nice but would not deal much. Coming in through the 'net they offered me about $1500 below MSRP.

I had 3 dealers in South Florida who worked with me. One was Lexus of Kendall, one was JM Lexus and the third (where I bought my car) was Lexus of Pembroke Pines. They aggressively wanted my business and the sales rep (Dan Goldberg -- say hi for me if you buy a car through him) DROVE my car to me here in Tampa. The other dealers said I'd have to go to them.

If I were you I'd decide what I want in a car and then contact all three dealers. If you want the names of my contacts at all 3 dealers just ask and I'll give you names and phone numbers.

The folks in Tampa were very nice -- don't get me wrong. . .but appaently they are selling out their inventory so didn't feel the need to give me the best deal.

I DO love the car. Wow. Today I was driivng, it began to rain and the windsheild wipers came on! Way kool.
Old 07-09-03, 05:33 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations...welcome to Club Lexus. Lots of knowledgeable people around always willing to answer questions!

Quick Reply: I'm in Love! (With my RX 330)