RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX 330 Performance Package with Nav questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 09:53 AM
alanek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX 330 Performance Package with Nav questions

Just picked up my RX 330 Silver/Black with Performace and Nav last night. I've only driven it 3 miles so far however I have some questions.

1-When the height selector is set to N is that the automatic mode? If not how do I set it to automatic?
2-Do I have to keep pushing in the Easy Access button each time I start the car or does it stay on?
3-I don't mind the voice with the navigation however the beep is going to drive me crazy any way to turn it off and still have the voice?

Thanks in advance
Alan

PS If anyone is waiting for a similar equiped model I cancelled a Flint mica when the Silver came available. Let me know and I can give you more info.
Old 07-17-03, 11:49 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

1) N is automatic - car will lower slightly at 62mph

2) my easy access button stays on until I turn it off

3) there's no way to isolate the sounds on the nav - the only way to mute the sound on the Nav is to go to lower the volume all the way
Old 07-17-03, 11:53 AM
alanek
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jeff, I hope they fix the chime in the next software version.

Do you keep it on N or L for normal around town driving?
Old 07-17-03, 12:17 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I always keep it in L - I want better handling - I try to convince myself I own a sports-LUV
Old 07-17-03, 05:03 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: RX 330 Performance Package with Nav questions

Originally posted by alanek
Just picked up my RX 330 Silver/Black with Performace and Nav last night. I've only driven it 3 miles so far however I have some questions.

1-When the height selector is set to N is that the automatic mode? If not how do I set it to automatic?
2-Do I have to keep pushing in the Easy Access button each time I start the car or does it stay on?
3-I don't mind the voice with the navigation however the beep is going to drive me crazy any way to turn it off and still have the voice?

Thanks in advance
Alan

PS If anyone is waiting for a similar equiped model I cancelled a Flint mica when the Silver came available. Let me know and I can give you more info.
Hey Alanek! Congrats on your new purchase. I'm in the market for one too and will make my decision soon.

Which Dealership did you use and did you get at least some kind of discount off MSRP?
Old 07-17-03, 06:27 PM
alanek
Driver School Candidate

Lexguynj, I leased from Lawrence Lexus however Ray Catena had a car in Flint Mica that was coming in at the end of the month that I cancelled. Ray Catena told me it was MSRP but inorder to get my monthly payments where I wanted them Lawrence had to discount the car.

Alan
Old 07-17-03, 08:43 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Lexguynj, I leased from Lawrence Lexus however Ray Catena had a car in Flint Mica that was coming in at the end of the month that I cancelled. Ray Catena told me it was MSRP but inorder to get my monthly payments where I wanted them Lawrence had to discount the car.

Alan
Alanek - thanks for the info and finally someone from the area. Lawrence Lexus is where I am shopping for mine too and may I ask how much they were willing to discount off the MSRP for you? So far they can only give me $1,000 off, but I am looking for the NAV / ML Audio (which is also considered a special order). Did it really take 90-120 days for yours to come in?
Old 07-17-03, 10:46 PM
alanek
Driver School Candidate

I got lucky. I went to see what Flint Mica looked like and saw a Silver, went inside snd asked the salesmen (who 3 days earlier told me I would have to wait a few months) about the car on the lot and was told a deal fell through. That was Friday. Picked up my car Wednesday night.

You're not going to get much more than $1000 off in this area. The car is hot.

Alan
Old 07-18-03, 05:34 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I got lucky. I went to see what Flint Mica looked like and saw a Silver, went inside snd asked the salesmen (who 3 days earlier told me I would have to wait a few months) about the car on the lot and was told a deal fell through. That was Friday. Picked up my car Wednesday night.

You're not going to get much more than $1000 off in this area. The car is hot.

Alan
Alan, thanks again for the info and giving me a good idea on what I am to expect in terms of pricing and delivery. I'll figure this out sooner or later. Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-18-03, 07:30 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have any of you guys tried prestige lexus off of Route 22 in bridgewater?

I hear they are under new coporate ownership and have very good prices.
Old 07-19-03, 08:53 PM
Rock
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone tell me the benefit of Performace Package on RX330? What will be the driving experience of High or Low suspension? Do you think it worths the buy?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-20-03, 09:08 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by Rock
Can anyone tell me the benefit of Performace Package on RX330? What will be the driving experience of High or Low suspension? Do you think it worths the buy?

Thanks!!!
My suggestion is that you test drive both and see if the extra cost is worth it to you. Most Lexus buyers will be happy with the regular suspension.
Old 07-20-03, 09:54 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

the air suspension alone is not a deal closer - but ALL the features offered in the Perf Package make it that much more appealing
Old 07-24-03, 07:32 PM
eyebike
Driver

the low suspension mode allows you to take the curves faster on winding country roads or even off/on ramps. The suspension stiffens up a bit plus the lower center of gravity helps. The high suspension is for off road use, to give more ground clearance. I used it the other day when I noticed the street ahead was flooded with well over a foot of water in the road. Put my suspension in high and went through it, literally high and dry. Cars that plowed through took on water in the passenger compartment.

I do think that that the regular suspension will be okay for most drivers unless you like to drive more aggressively and fast. I pretty much leave my suspension in normal now. Everytime you turn the RX on, it defaults to normal, so it became a pain to keep putting it low mode for driving around town and to work.

Last edited by eyebike; 07-24-03 at 07:40 PM.