RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2004 Rx330 hesitation at first start and drive of the day when cold.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-19, 08:24 AM
lecturer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Rx330 hesitation at first start and drive of the day when cold.

I have 2004 lexus rx330 at 132k miles. I noticed that at first start of the day especially when the weather is cold, it makes a cracking noise for a few seconds which disappears. Few weeks later, it hesitates on acceleration especially when I want to over take another vehicle. Presently, at first start of the day, it hesitates when put to drive mode, and revs up to 4000 to 5000 before it grudgingly starts to move. Once it starts moving, it won't repeat it throughout the day as long as the engine is hot. I also noticed that the reverse drive runs smoothly without any problem.

I service and change the engine oil and oil filter frequently. The engine oil has remained within the normal range most of the time though it passes the highest level mark some times. The transmission oil level is within the normal range.

About this time last year, I had similar problems with this car. After all efforts to resolve it on my own failed, I took it to a car mechanic who after check informed me that the transmission oil pump was bad and needed to be changed. It cost much to have it changed and the car gradually returned to normal after about 2 weeks.

Now, the problem is back again. Is there no means of resolving it permanently? Please, I need help. This car is frustrating me. Has anyone experienced this?

Kindly help me please.