RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Looks like the new RX330 is another home run from Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-03, 11:26 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Looks like the new RX330 is another home run from Lexus

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000180867.cfm

What is Americas best selling SUV?

The Lexus RX330

Lexus Sets All-Time Sales Record RX 330 Sales Top 10,000 Units for the First Time

Lexus today reported the best-ever sales month in its history with 26,410 units sold, up 6.3 percent from the previous record set in December 2002 and up 13.5 percent from the same period last year. In addition to record-breaking monthly sales, Lexus calendar-year-to-date sales are up 4.9 percent, to 167,065.

August sales were led by record-breaking luxury utility vehicle sales, which posted an all-time best-ever month of 14,039 units sold, up 80.3 percent. The all-new RX 330 also set an all-time record with August sales of 10,430, up 49.4 percent from 2002. GX 470 posted outstanding sales as well with 2,847 units sold.

"Demand for luxury utility vehicles continues to soar, and Lexus is positioned perfectly to take its share of sales with our three-SUV line-up," commented Denny Clements, Lexus group vice president and general manager. "In fact, the new RX is experiencing its best sales ever lengthening its lead as America's top-selling luxury SUV."

In addition to record-breaking new vehicle sales, Lexus Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,870 marks a 33.6 percent increase from August 2002. Calendar-year-to-date CPO sales of 27,239 are up 2.4 percent.

Auto Spies perspective: Looks like they¡¦ve caught BMW, Mercedes-Benz and the others, asleep at the wheel in this arena. This is the sweet spot and they are eating everyone¡¦s lunch. Where are the larger BMW and Mercedes SUV¡¦s? Nissan and Infiniti will launch the next assault on these brands¡Kand it ain¡¦t gonna be pretty! MB and BMW SUV product people: Yes, you have emotional intelligence¡Khow about adding some intellectual intelligence now! How long are you going to let these guys spank your hammers?
Old 09-06-03, 07:58 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not surprised at all by this info, since the new design (although takes some getting used to), really looks sportier overall and that is what most of us wanted (we always like the RX300, but never desired it as much as we desire the RX330 now). There is a new sense of life and passion injected into the RX330 and this is what makes it attractive.

Besides this sense of desire / passion, overall this vehicle is (I hate to say it) PRACTICAL! There is little argument about not getting it.

When I took delivery of my RX330 a month ago, there were 3 other RX's ready to be delivered at the same time. These RX's are in HOT Demand!
Old 09-06-03, 09:58 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

the only con about driving the 330 is soon one out of every three cars on the road will be one

Last edited by jeffknet; 09-07-03 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-06-03, 10:44 PM
bige320
Driver School Candidate

While it's good news for Lexus, it's not as good for us would be RX330 buyers and future owners. But MAJOR KUDOS to Lexus for building one beautiful LUV as they call it. I'm still looking for the "right one" in terms of packages, options, interior and exterior colors. I prefer to yank one off the lot, rather than put my name down for one from the build schedule.
Old 09-06-03, 10:49 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bige320
While it's good news for Lexus, it's not as good for us would be RX330 buyers and future owners. But MAJOR KUDOS to Lexus for building one beautiful LUV as they call it. I'm still looking for the "right one" in terms of packages, options, interior and exterior colors. I prefer to yank one off the lot, rather than put my name down for one from the build schedule.
Ahh another fan and future owner of a RX330. Good luck with your upcoming purchase. The 90-120 day special order waits here in NJ would drive me crazy.

You can still probably find one off the lot, depending on what you wanted.

For me, it was the Mark Levinson Audio / NAV package with the Rear Entertainment system that made it a special order.
Old 09-07-03, 12:20 PM
bige320
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by lexguynj
Ahh another fan and future owner of a RX330. Good luck with your upcoming purchase. The 90-120 day special order waits here in NJ would drive me crazy.

You can still probably find one off the lot, depending on what you wanted.

For me, it was the Mark Levinson Audio / NAV package with the Rear Entertainment system that made it a special order.
lexguynj,
You've read my mind. I wouldn't have the patience either to wait 3-4 months for a special order. The sales rep told me I would have to pay sticker for it and put down a $5k deposit. I'm just hoping what I want is fairly popular and it wouldn't be too hard to locate that particular configuration.

I think I've narrowed it down to AWD, Premium Plus Package with Navi and the 18" wheel option. The heated seats is something I can go without. For colors, I've moved away from Black Onyx, hard to keep clean and swirls show up in the clear cloat under sunlight and florescent lighting. So my exterior color choices are Millennium Silver (but many folks have silver cars in general), Flint Mica, Neptune Blue (this color is just growing on me) and Black Onyx, in that order. I'm also moving away from the black interior (might get very hot in the summer) and towards Ivory or Lt. Gray when Ivory's not available.

There was a MSM/Black AWD Perf. Pack. w/ Navi on the lot Friday (rare combo in SF Bay Area). I wanted to snap that one up so badly. There was a Neptune Blue/Ivory 2WD ML/Nav and RES in the showroom that day. If I had the money, I get all 4 colors.

Can't wait until the day I take ownership of the RX and join all the proud happy owners here.