RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Lexus RX hidden features

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-20, 04:06 AM
ThomasD94
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts
Lightbulb Lexus RX hidden features

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well?
I made a video on the hidden features of my 2005 Lexus RX. I hope some of you find this useful for your own RX (hybrid or not)
Enjoy, Thomas

The following users liked this post:
treefiddy9 (06-12-20)
Old 05-16-20, 09:42 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 250 Posts

Nice video.

Another tidbit - did you know that the rear seat can slide forwards and backwards?

I don't know if this is helpful or not but you can download the owner's manual from www.drivers.lexus.com. The information is for cars sold in North America (Canada & U.S.). Our cars are not identical, so not everything in the manual would apply to your car. But maybe you might find another "hidden" feature.
Old 05-16-20, 03:33 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

Like you mentioned first about the windows all going down, the sunroof opens as well......Lot of 411 in the 430 page manual as well........
Old 10-31-20, 01:30 AM
Rickwe
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Nice video.

Another tidbit - did you know that the rear seat can slide forwards and backwards?

I don't know if this is helpful or not but you can download the owner's manual from www.drivers.lexus.com. The information is for cars sold in North America (Canada & U.S.). Our cars are not identical, so not everything in the manual would apply to your car. But maybe you might find another "hidden" feature.
You can also recline the back seats along with sliding, grab the lever you use to flip up the seat and lift it forward and keep the lever pulled when it goes back and it will pass the normal adjustment and keep reclining.

This was no we're in the manual everything I post including the latch mechanism on the storage compartment i figured out by complete accident. All of the cars usually have one touch moonroof opening closing and tilting, but if you bought the car used at some point the battery may have died. If it wasn't reprogrammed you won't know you have it and it's a ***** trying to close it perfectly. To reprogram this put the key in the on position or run with it off its one or the other then push and hold the tilt up and don't let go. The window will tilt stop tilt close STOP then open stop then close and stop don't let go of these tilt up button. After this restart the car or try it before and after holding the open for 2 seconds it will do the rest is self same with closing and tilting. It becomes automatic. Before i I this my key fob feature would roll down my windows only but now it includes the sun roof. Im loaded with information. My car doesn't have Bluetooth so i use a fm Bluetooth converter I recently learned plugging it in in the rear outlet gives perfect reception because then it's right under the antenna i think 87.9 is the station nothing in the U.S. uses to broadcast.

Last edited by Rickwe; 11-23-20 at 01:35 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Rickwe:
Kydsola (11-29-20), Margate330 (11-04-20), matts6887 (11-05-20), XU30 (12-17-20)
Old 11-04-20, 09:15 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

I've had my RX330 maybe 4 years now- maybe longer I'd have to look back- and I'm still finding more features thanks to the awesome people in this forum.
Old 11-05-20, 06:22 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickwe
You can also recline the back seats also work sliding yeah the lever you use to flip up the seat and lift it forward and keep the lever pulled when or goes back and it will pass the normal adjustment and keep reclining

didnt know the rear seats recline a bit. thats news to me. ya learn new stuff all the time.
Old 11-05-20, 05:38 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by matts6887
didnt know the rear seats recline a bit. thats news to me. ya learn new stuff all the time.
Sounds like you need to have a sit down in the rear to check it out.......Grab the owners manual & have a read thru it.....
Old 11-05-20, 07:35 PM
Savnout
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thomas,

Did you know you have hidden storage compartments under the trunk (Boot) carpet? Push the buttons by the door latch for the Boot lid and you will see em.

Sean
Old 11-06-20, 04:39 AM
oscarneto
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix
Sounds like you need to have a sit down in the rear to check it out.......Grab the owners manual & have a read thru it.....
The owner of a Lexus only sits in the back when it's an LS ...
Old 11-06-20, 06:39 AM
matts6887
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix
true this! i probably do need to look through and read the owners manual just for the heck of it to see what other hidden things this ride has.
Old 11-06-20, 07:22 PM
SteelBird
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

To open all windows and moonroof, the manual says press and hold the open button until all windows and moonroof open. I tried it but no luck. Is the function on my 2006 RX-400h disable or something?
Old 11-07-20, 08:05 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 850 Likes on 643 Posts

Try the key in the driver's door key cylinder and turn and hold, one way closes all windows & sunroof, opposite to open.
Old 11-12-20, 07:00 PM
UncleWalt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcomer
Try the key in the driver's door key cylinder and turn and hold, one way closes all windows & sunroof, opposite to open.
I really wish this were available from the key fob. You can OPEN everything, but you cannot CLOSE everything - which would be much more useful. If I'm sitting indoors when the rain starts, I need to run outside and put the key in the door. Silly that it can't be programmed to CLOSE rather than OPEN.
Old 11-15-20, 03:51 AM
SteelBird
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Tried and success with the key, two front windows go down first, then the rear windows and finally the sunroof. However, still can't make it work with remote control which I think is more useful.
Old 11-15-20, 11:47 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 250 Posts

The feature to roll down the windows with the key or the remote started with the 2007 model. The 2004 to 2006 RX330 models do not have the open window feature.

Quick Reply: Lexus RX hidden features