RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Is Your Rx330 Really Worth 40k+?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-03, 06:14 PM
MQM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Your Rx330 Really Worth 40k+?

I'm debating if i should get one..I'm going to trader in my tunda, im tired of it already, it has 3k miles on it and its really not the car for me..I feel i want luxury with car like driveability...The tundra was a monster and i really just got tired of it..

Please help me decide, is it worth the price? I turn to you guys because i want to keep this car for a few years, put some miles on it, but at the same time dont want to pay an arm and a leg...

Im going to the dealer on monday, so just give me your opinions if the car is worth its value...

Thanks
Old 09-13-03, 06:27 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's worth every penny I paid for it. This is my 5th Lexus and I've been extremely happy with the car as well as the service.
Old 09-13-03, 06:51 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

MQM - You have 2 beautiful Lexus models; why not add the LUV? I really love it. Smooth, powerful and not "floaty boaty" (my term for the ultra-smooth-no-bumps-just-motion-sickness-ride).

And... get the interior in black!
Old 09-13-03, 08:05 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

the actual purchase of my RX330 was only a small percentage of the experience and value - the majority comes after purchase with the way I've been and will be treated by Lexus and my dealership - you may find a sporty LUV for less but you won't find better customer service. Worth every cent!
Old 09-13-03, 09:11 PM
MQM
Driver

Originally posted by msilverIS
MQM - You have 2 beautiful Lexus models; why not add the LUV? I really love it. Smooth, powerful and not "floaty boaty" (my term for the ultra-smooth-no-bumps-just-motion-sickness-ride).

And... get the interior in black!
Thanks, and thanks everyone else for the replies...Im going to the dealer on Mon hopefully...I like the grey color, and i like the black interior
Old 09-14-03, 07:39 AM
rkytop_bob
Driver

You will never regret getting a 330.
Old 09-14-03, 02:31 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

A simple answer is yes.

Compare the RX to all the others in this class and price range and if you are willing to spend $40K plus, you will find the RX to be one of the best in class.
Old 09-14-03, 07:35 PM
LexFather

Yes, I cannot believe how much I love the new RX. It is amazing, it is QUALITY like no other. Some other SUVs may be faster (what the fock for) but are not put as well together nor offer the options, sereness and Lexus service. Man, I thought the RX 300 was a no brainer, the RX 330 is a total no brainer.

They just sold 10,000 in a month for the first time ever, WITH all this new competition (FX, Tourag, X5, etc etc) which speaks VOLUMES of which is the best.
Old 09-14-03, 07:38 PM
MQM
Driver

Thanks guys for all the replies...

Your comments really helped me reach my decision, im going to the dealer..

Thanks again!
Old 09-16-03, 07:30 PM
MQM
Driver

Well guys looks like im SOLD..

Went to the dealer, test drove one, although it didnt have the options i want it was still a GREAT LUV..

The ride is good, i like the styling better than the previous one, although the RX300 was gorgeuos this car was refurbished and rennovated..Very satisfying...

They offered my 25k trade in on my tundra whuch is OK i guess, havent washed it since i owned it, bascially treated it like ****, but put 3900 miles on it so far...

Tomorrow im going to sit down with the salesperson and go over the numbers, i was in a rush this time and didnt get into detail...

I want NAV, and they have one on the lot but its green, i was itching for the grey color with black interior..But i dont have a problem with waiting a few weeks for it..But the problem is the appraisal for my car only lasts 3 business days for some reason, so for the safe side i think im going to trade it in as soon as possible

Thanks again guys...Although i was also considering the infiniti, i was alot happier staying with lexus, and the board gave me honest opinions..Greatly Apriciated..Wish me LUCK
Old 09-16-03, 09:36 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Maybe they can make a trade with another dealer, and try to find something closer to what you really want, both colors and options. If not an exact match, you should get closer so you will be as happy as possible with it (so you don't get buyers remorse again so soon). And maybe with your deposit they will agree to hold the value on your Tundra, at least for a few weeks while they locate a better match. With my dealer, we explored a whole bunch of alternatives, until I finally decided to special order exactly what we wanted. This takes more patience, but you'll have no regrets.

Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-20-03, 09:22 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

As an RX330 owner, I really enjoy this vehicle for the following reasons:

1. Sportier Looking this year
2. AWD to give me a better chance to get through another snowy winter
3. Comfy / Luxurious Ride
4. Decent Acceleration / Handling
5. Can fit your buddies in the back in comfort
6. Decent Cargo Space in the back to move things back and forth.
7. Practical.
8. Nice Family Vehicle if you have one

HOWEVER if you want a sporty / luxury SUV that has great handling and acceleration, go with the BMW X5 4.4 (V8 Version). It's one of the most fun SUVs out there. Not very practical, but very fun and sporty for those that are into more performance as opposed to being more practical.
Old 09-20-03, 09:49 PM
MQM
Driver

Any thought on the Infiniti FX35 or FX45??
Old 09-20-03, 10:14 PM
Footloose
Driver School Candidate

We have 7,000+ miles on our RX 330. My wife and I tried just about every available SUV before settling on the 330. Our feeling is that the RX 330 is well worth the asking price. It beats the others hands down in terms of comfort, style, ride, and amenities. We are really happy with the RX 330 and feel it is fairly priced in comparison to other similar SUVs.
Old 09-20-03, 10:35 PM
johnnieliu
Driver

Default MQM - FX35....

MQM,

My wife and I test drove an FX35 before we made the decision to get the RX330. Since, my wife will be the primary user of the car, her opinion counted more than mine in this decision. I REALLY liked the FX35. We test drove a car with the tech package which inluded the sport package with the 20" wheels. The ride was firm, and IMO a little harsh. However, other people have pointed out that the dealerships have a tendency to over inflate their vehicle's tires, therefore the harsh ride. Aside from the bumpy ride, the handling was VERY crisp, throttle response was excelent, and there is enought sound insulation to dampen road noise, but let in the terrific deep throaty engine sounds. The interior isn't as luxurious as the RX, but still very nice. The NAV isn't touch screen, but the rearview camera with the "virtual guidelines" was a nice touch. If I were the primary user of the vehicle, I would have chosen the FX. Go and take a test drive. If you can get used to the tight suspension, the FX can be really fun!

Quick Reply: Is Your Rx330 Really Worth 40k+?